Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008   #431
vorsim
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 23
Default Re: CoolDownButtons - Offical Thread

My druid thanks you for the fix to feral charge (cat) but my mage is wondering about Arcane Barrage. While Arcane Barrage is on the arcane spell list its not displaying any cooldown. OmniCC has the same issue with the spell until u lower the min CD OmniCC will display to <3 sec (arcane barrage has a 3sec CD). Dont know if thats relevant, CoolDownButtons doesnt seem to have a setting for min CD.
vorsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008   #432
Netrox
Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 163
Default Re: CoolDownButtons - Offical Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsim View Post
My druid thanks you for the fix to feral charge (cat) but my mage is wondering about Arcane Barrage. While Arcane Barrage is on the arcane spell list its not displaying any cooldown. OmniCC has the same issue with the spell until u lower the min CD OmniCC will display to <3 sec (arcane barrage has a 3sec CD). Dont know if thats relevant, CoolDownButtons doesnt seem to have a setting for min CD.

there is an update on SVN but the packager is dead so it wont package
but you can checkout from svn if you want and know how to do. or just wait until packager is back and get the r213 alpha package (i wont make a new release for that minor change :P)

Public url: svn://svn.wowace.com/wow/cooldownbuttons/mainline/trunk
Netrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008   #433
over2097
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3
Default Re: CoolDownButtons - Offical Thread

Hi again.

I've noticed a minor bug with my warlock while spamming Chaos Bolt.
Chaos Bolt has a 12 sec cooldown and it's showing ok. The problem I've noticed is when it's almost ready again (1-2 seconds left) and I start spamming the button to cast it again. The saved button for Chaos Bolt that's showing the remaining cooldown will get down to 0, my lock will start casting Chaos Bolt but the saved cooldown button instead of sending a notice and disappearing from the UI will start showing the cast time count from whatever time is remaining (2 if you have no backdraft, 1.6 if you do) down to 0 and once you finish the cast it will send the "Chaos Bolt ready!" notification to the UI.
I've only checked it with Chaos Bolt but it has been easy to reproduce so it shouldn't be difficult to check for other spells.

Thank you very much for making and maintaining this addon.
over2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008   #434
Netrox
Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 163
Default Re: CoolDownButtons - Offical Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by over2097 View Post
Hi again.

I've noticed a minor bug with my warlock while spamming Chaos Bolt.
Chaos Bolt has a 12 sec cooldown and it's showing ok. The problem I've noticed is when it's almost ready again (1-2 seconds left) and I start spamming the button to cast it again. The saved button for Chaos Bolt that's showing the remaining cooldown will get down to 0, my lock will start casting Chaos Bolt but the saved cooldown button instead of sending a notice and disappearing from the UI will start showing the cast time count from whatever time is remaining (2 if you have no backdraft, 1.6 if you do) down to 0 and once you finish the cast it will send the "Chaos Bolt ready!" notification to the UI.
I've only checked it with Chaos Bolt but it has been easy to reproduce so it shouldn't be difficult to check for other spells.

Thank you very much for making and maintaining this addon.
hey there,
i was able to reproduce it, well it took some time.
i think the problem is gcd, but i have no real idea yet how to fix it
Netrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #435
CyberHemp
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1
Default Re: CoolDownButtons - Offical Thread

Hey Netrox, I just picked up your addon recently and have found it to be incredibly useful. I am curious though and perhaps I'm just missing this feature, but is there a way to create new spell/item/other groups under the Cooldown Settings tab?
CyberHemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008   #436
Netrox
Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 163
Default Re: CoolDownButtons - Offical Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberHemp View Post
Hey Netrox, I just picked up your addon recently and have found it to be incredibly useful. I am curious though and perhaps I'm just missing this feature, but is there a way to create new spell/item/other groups under the Cooldown Settings tab?

no sorry, there isent such an option
as i didnt have a good idea yet how to realize that.
Netrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #437
polytech
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3
Default Re: CoolDownButtons - Offical Thread

Hello, thanks for the great addon. My question is about short cooldowns. Is it possible to set a minimum cooldown duration, to exclude showing short cd abilities such as bloodthirst, revenge and others? There's option to not show long cooldowns and a field to set an amount of time limiting the long cooldowns. Is there the same thing for short cooldowns (i couldnt find it anyway)? If not, i'd like to ask to add this feature. I don't know how hard it would be to separate "long" cooldowns to show their timer all the way down to 0 seconds from the short ones, which should be filtered out. But that would be extremely useful.
polytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008   #438
GhostR
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13
Default Re: CoolDownButtons - Offical Thread

Hello!

Could you add an option to hide cooldowns shorter than x sec. This would be great and i would hide cooldowns shorter than 10 sec and ide cooldowns triggered by rune cd on my DK!
GhostR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #439
Fridmarr
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6
Default Re: CoolDownButtons - Offical Thread

I can not get the addon to display my cooldown for Shield of Righteousness. Other new protection pally spells like Hammer of the Righteous work fine, and I believe I have all the settings correct.
Fridmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #440
Netrox
Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 163
Default Re: CoolDownButtons - Offical Thread

Hey all,

I just want you to know that i'm back at work on CooldownButtons.

If you want to know why i was gone the last weeks, it's easy...

After Wrath release it was my First Goal to hit Level 80 as soon as possible not to become the realm first L80 N811 Druid but to be ready to Raid. But after hitting 80 i still wasnt 100% ready couz my Gear could wanted some Upgrades too :X

Well, so i "Power leveled" my Letherworking (and missed Realm First by 8 skill points *cry* - afaik i'm #3 after i stopped power leveling after i didnt got Realm First :P)


Well, i'm now Level 80 have "ok" gear for raiding and allready cleared Nax10 two times with my group. Now i'm just running heroics for Achievements (neeeed a Proto Drake ), so i decided its time to again put time in CooldownButtons and the result is that the time of "planing" how to improve the whole addon is over and i now do some real work - write code - with allready nice results. Depending on how much time i have to work on the addon it could happen that i setup a repo clone on wowace for the new version that you can see how the progress is =)
I have no ETA for when that happens but i hope to see it in the next 7days =)


So far, thanks for all your support!
I'm happy to see that so much people like my addon which was a result of boringness


Greetings Dodge aka Netrox
Netrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:07 PM.