Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 01-03-2009   #1
jokeyrhyme

Send a message via ICQ to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Yahoo to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Skype™ to jokeyrhyme
Default EggTimer - Official Thread

EggTimer fills a gap I felt was missing. There are dozens of addons that deal with cooldowns and the like, but I couldn't find one that dealt at all with item durations (feel free to correct me).

So here it is: EggTimer. This Ace3 addon will detect when you receive an item that has a limited lifetime, and keep track of it for you. You'll be able to see how it's going from any of your characters too. Support for both FuBar and LibDataBroker is included.

It's very much in it's infancy as I write this, but it will create a Calendar event for you when you buy your Mysterious Egg (from the Oracles Quartermaster). I'll be adding tooltip information and a timer bar display as I progress.
Old 01-05-2009   #2
jokeyrhyme

Send a message via ICQ to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Yahoo to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Skype™ to jokeyrhyme
Default Re: EggTimer - Official Thread

v0.2-beta2 is out (fixing silly bugs in v0.2-beta). I have tooltips working with the LDB and DBIcon buttons now, but no luck with FuBar yet. At least, not with the FuBar minimap icon. Needs more testing basically. The content part of the tooltip is almost how I want it too, so FuBar support is the only thing holding me back on making a release. I should have it cracked in the next few days...
Old 01-06-2009   #3
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Eh, just tell your users to install Broker2FuBar if they want to live in the stone age, and don't waste your time and bloat up your addon with more libraries for no good reason.
Phanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #4
jokeyrhyme

Well, I released v0.2 today with full tooltip support for both FuBar and LDB/DBIcon. The tooltip was the last tricky challenge for me in terms of FuBar support. It'll be very easy to chop it out later when it's more appropriate.

The rest of the upcoming features are FuBar/LDB-agnostic. I've learned some valuable lessons along the way and will hopefully be bringing some LDB love to my other addon.

At this point the guts of the addon is finalised, and you guys can look forward to more items in the DB and more ways to have perishable information delivered to you. I don't plan to add holiday items (unless they are unique), but feel free to make item requests. For example, I think I'll be putting in that perishable quest item from Feralas soonish.
Old 01-06-2009   #5
Elsia
Legendary Member

What Phanx tries to say is that for many many likely cases broker covers everything you need. People who want to have it show in fubar just need to install Broker2FuBar.

The whole point is that LDB itself is an agnostic standard that plugs into fubar if people so choose.
Elsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #6
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

You should probably add the Disgusting Jar in case anyone went Frenzyheart.
Phanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #7
jokeyrhyme

ROFL, good point! I'll try to push through an update over the next day or so.

Thanks heaps, Phanx. If anyone can think of anything else, please let me know. I'll probably not be adding non-unique and/or holiday items to the DB, but I might if you can convince me.

EDIT: The Disgusting Jar is now detected in v0.2.1, with the option of a Calendar Event just like the Mysterious Egg. LibBars display hopefully coming soon.

Last edited by jokeyrhyme; 01-14-2009 at 09:41 PM.
jokeyrhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #8
Kerecha
Legendary Member

Poping following error when trying to click the minimap button/LDB plugin to access settings:

Code:
[20:28:18] Interface\AddOns\EggTimer\EggTimer.lua:136: attempt to call method 'ShowConfig' (a nil value)
[C]: in function `ShowConfig'
Interface\AddOns\EggTimer\EggTimer.lua:136: in function `OnClick'
...\AddOns\AutoBar\libs\LibDBIcon-1.0\LibDBIcon-1.0.lua:171: in function <...\AddOns\AutoBar\libs\LibDBIcon-1.0\LibDBIcon-1.0.lua:171>

Probably got caught in wrong kit as usual.
*Anonymity is an eternal Bliss, By name our soul forever bound*
*Normal is Boring*

Kerecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #9
jokeyrhyme

Kerecha, which version of EggTimer are you using? I'm using r25 (2nd alpha since v0.2.1) and I'm not having any problems with clicking either the FuBar, LDB or DBIcon to bring up the config.

I think I know what the problem might be: using "self:ShowConfig()" instead of "EggTimer:ShowConfig()". If r25 still gives you no joy, try doing this replacement (used exactly twice) and please let me know how it goes. I'm going to want to squash this before making the next release.
Old 01-15-2009   #10
Kerecha
Legendary Member

im using r25 from projects.

Probably got caught in wrong kit as usual.
*Anonymity is an eternal Bliss, By name our soul forever bound*
*Normal is Boring*

Kerecha is offline   Reply With Quote