Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 01-21-2010   #1
myrroddin
Amazing Member

Send a message via MSN to myrroddin
Default SmartRes2 Official Forum

SmartRes2: Co-ordinated targetless Party and Raid Wipe Recovery.
Resurrection, evolved.

More than bars showing res spell casts, it uses intelligent code to pick dead units to res when you press the Auto Res Key. The main page has a lot of information about SmartRes2, and if you have questions, that should be first place you go read.

SmartRes2 is already localized in several languages: koKR, frFR, deDE, esES, esMX, ruRU, zhCN, but as of r78 of the addon, not all locales are complete.

There are features that have been requested that will not make the first Beta, but I plan to work on this addon for some time.

Myrroddin
myrroddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010   #2
Farook

Default Re: SmartRes2 Official Forum

Unfortunately, r78 once again totally broke the addon (for me). Nothing showing up, though the addon is loaded (same problem I had a couple of revisions ago).

With r75 everything seemed to work quite fine, apart from this "Keeps-resurrecting-the-same-person-till-accept"-bug.
Old 01-24-2010   #3
myrroddin
Amazing Member

Sorry, I am not ignoring you, Farook. I took the weekend off from coding to actually play the game. However, I am working on r79. Do you have a bug report for r78? I ask because the only things that weren't working for me were turning the bars/addon off and the collision chat spam. I am working those for r79, but the "nothing shows up" baffles me.

One thing I have learned is that if you are the only user in a group that has LibResComm-1.0, it will not pick up casts from other group members. Apparently that is by design in the lib, so I am trying to find a way to artificially add the information to my doingRessing{}, waitingForAccept{}, etc tables, without duplicating the bars needlessly.
Old 01-25-2010   #4
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
One thing I have learned is that if you are the only user in a group that has LibResComm-1.0, it will not pick up casts from other group members. Apparently that is by design in the lib, so I am trying to find a way to artificially add the information to my doingRessing{}, waitingForAccept{}, etc tables, without duplicating the bars needlessly.
You could pick up the spellcasts, but as was already explained in the LibResComm-1.0 thread, it's not possible to accurately identify the target of a resurrection spell someone else is casting simply by listening to events fired by the game client. You can't even assume that someone's target unit at the time they start casting the spell is the target of the spell, as it's entirely possible to target one unit, and cast a spell on another, as with a mouseover macro or with click-casting on a unit frame.

Even if you make a guess and show bars for res spells cast by people who don't have LibResComm-1.0, you'll frequently be showing incorrect information. If you're going to do it anyway, you should at least add an option to not show guessed res spells.

Essentially it boils down to the same issue as unit frame addons and LibHealComm-4.0; the functionality really depends on everyone in the group running the library and communicating information about their spells, and there's not really any way to make reasonably accurate guesses without that communication. If you have guild members who don't want to use SmartRes2, they can just install the library standalone. It's tiny, and has no impact on gameplay or game performance.
Please don't PM me about addon bugs, requests, or code help. Post a comment, ticket, or thread instead!
Phanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #5
Farook

Quote:
Do you have a bug report for r78?
I had disabled lua-errors to show recently. I'll turn it on again and see if it throws out any errors.

Quote:
Sorry, I am not ignoring you, Farook. I took the weekend off from coding to actually play the game.
Absolutely no need to apologize for not responding.
Old 01-25-2010   #6
Farook

Seems to be the same error coming up plenty of times:

Code:
Locals: (*temporary) = "Message: %s
Time: %s
Count: %s
Stack: %s
Locals: %s"
(*temporary) = "Interface\AddOns\SmartRes2\SmartRes2.lua:649: attempt to index field 'res_bars' (a nil value)"
(*temporary) = "01/25/10 09:39:03"
(*temporary) = "1"
(*temporary) = "Interface\AddOns\SmartRes2\SmartRes2.lua:649: in function <Interface\AddOns\SmartRes2\SmartRes2.lua:632>
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
(tail call): ?
I hope that helps you at least a little bit.
Old 02-01-2010   #7
myrroddin
Amazing Member

I committed r79 tonight. It adds custom message support, and changed a few things.
Old 02-02-2010   #8
myrroddin
Amazing Member

For those of you testing r79, what I need to know, because I can't raid during the week, is:
  • Are the duplicate res chat spam messages working?
  • Is the waitingForAccept{} clearing the unit properly, or should I table.insert(waitingForAccept, UnitName(unit))?
  • When turning the bars off, or the whole addon, are they truly turned off?
If all is working as intended, I can commit the first Beta.

Thank you everybody, for all your help and contributions!
Old 02-02-2010   #9
yoshimo

after this weeks razorscale i tried the two rezz buttons, manual targetting worked but the other button spits:

Quote:
Date: 2010-02-02 14:38:21
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 3
bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
Debug:
[C]: ?
[C]: ipairs()
SmartRes2\SmartRes2.lua:874:
SmartRes2\SmartRes2.lua:871
SmartRes2\SmartRes2.lua:905: Resurrection()
SmartRes2\SmartRes2.lua:566:
SmartRes2\SmartRes2.lua:566

yoshimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #10
myrroddin
Amazing Member

yoshimo, Gah! Silly typos. It bugged out because I misspelled "raidUpdated" a couple of times. Should be fixed with r80, along with updates to the non-US Locales.

Last edited by myrroddin; 02-03-2010 at 02:11 AM.