Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 02-03-2010   #3271
Elsia
Legendary Member

Default Re: Recount

@vor: Persistent Shield http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=26467 is already tracked. You linked a different ID. Can you confirm from the combat log that yours is correct and the above is wrong?

@Yonn: I have no idea what you are trying to say. Can you rephrase.
Elsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #3272
angelife

is it possible to track siege damage?
angelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #3273
gone19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikari View Post
It's not the actual recording of friendly fire it's missing, it's death's caused by them. On the Blood Queen encounter it's possible to be killed by others friendly fire, but when you look at the deathlog it's not visible, you just see the person go from a high amount of HP to dead with no reason logged.
I have actually had this exact same problem. Recount does not show how somebody died if somebody else killed them. For example, I have killed somebody in the encounter by biting them and a KB shows up on my screen (happened a few times) but then I check Recount and it doesn't say anything. So either there is something wrong with Recount or wrong with the way the the logs are being recorded for that particular event.

I would not be surprised if it was the latter at all.
gone19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #3274
Elsia
Legendary Member

I committed a fix to the death trace problem for friendly fire. Please let me know if it works as intended.
Old 02-04-2010   #3275
gone19

Will do. However, I believe a blue posted tonight saying that you will no longer be able to kill somebody on the Blood Queen encounter via the bite Of course hopefully you didn't waste your time and this will prevent any future problems. Thanks again.
gone19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #3276
Ursaldo

While trying to understand my (DK dps) utility during the Festergut encounter, I got into a bit of trouble trying to understand Recount.

The "Activity" reports:
305 seconds (this is in the global view, which I guess it means the global activity)

This is split in these parts:
243 seconds on Festergut, spread across damaging abilities
50 seconds on MYSELF, represented by the Blood Presence stance
A few more seconds there I dont remember.

Can you help me understand the representation 243/50 split between Festergut and Blood presence? How should I interpret it in words?
Ursaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #3277
cremor

I just read a post on EJ that says Recount is counting blocked hits as normal hits.
Could you maybe have a look on that?
http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t76785-c...3/#post1548433
cremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #3278
Shadoweric

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremor View Post
I just read a post on EJ that says Recount is counting blocked hits as normal hits.
Could you maybe have a look on that?
http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t76785-c...3/#post1548433
More accurately, it's partial blocks that are being counted as hits, not full blocks. And the slightly more relevant post is:
http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t76785-c...3/#post1548389
Shadoweric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #3279
Deamia

Heya, is there anyway to disable tracking of everything except dps/dmg? I'm essentially looking for a way to ONLY track dps/dmg and have it not track anything else.

Edit: Eh, technically I'm trying to find out if recount can be stripped to only track one feature at a time and not take anymore more memory/cpu for tracking say.. healing, or deaths, or anything else.

Last edited by Deamia; 02-04-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Deamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #3280
Elsia
Legendary Member

@Deamia: You can disable some modules by renaming or deleting files in the TrackerModules directory. However healing, death and damage are core and cannot be disabled. If you just want damage/dps you may want a different addon. Recount really isn't intended to be just a damage meter and there are good alternative solutions that offer what you want.

@cremor,Shadoweric: First off Recount does count partial blocks but just not the way the EJ posters expected. Let me try explain:

That partial blocks count as hit in the detail view is kind of intended behavior. But it's up to convention really. I can only count one combat log event as one thing in the details view or else all percentages get falsely biased. So in the case of partial blocks I can either count them as hit or as block.

Currently the convention is to count it as hit (because it did do damage). I consider this convention sensible enough. If I attribute it to block I'd get bug reports that partial block hit components are not counted. And as said if I count both all percentages are wrong and I get bug reports that Recount overcounts swings.

It is very important to note that this all only applies to the detail view.

Partial blocks are actually counted, though in aggregate form in the summary view (magnifying glass). The block percentage there does include partial and full blocks.

The summary view is the main view to analyze tank efficiency but from the discussion on EJ it is not what folks there used. I'm happy to make changes but from the EJ posts I gather that people were looking for the aggregate anyway, so I wonder why the current functionality isn't sufficient.

Tags
recount damage meter, recountthreat