Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 03-14-2010   #1
Cyprias

Default PlateBuffs

Project page: http://www.wowace.com/addons/platebuffs/

PlateBuffs displays player's buffs/debuffs above their nameplate. It works with the default nameplates and should work with Aloft and TidyPlates.
Cyprias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #2
Dajova

Default Re: PlateBuffs

Interesting addon. Any plans to add a filter for stealable/purgeable buffs? or rABS/BF support?
Dajova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #3
Cyprias

Yeah gonna add custom buff options like to always show, never show, icon size, watch combatlog for. ect.
Old 03-16-2010   #4
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Packaging issue : the TOC file doesn't list Ace3 and LibNameplate-1.0 as OptionalDeps. You should either disable no-lib version or add the dependencies.

Edit: For the filter part, please add something like "default rule + per-spell rule" so one could choose to show every buff but those listed, or conversely, to ignore any buff but those listed. Seems it is already the idea.

I have some issue with anchoring, sometimes the buff are anchor to "top left" instead of "top" and I couldn't change Y offset.

And I would like an option to show the cooldown model (and/or to have the icon flashing when time is less than 3 seconds).

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.

Last edited by Adirelle; 03-16-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Adirelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #5
Cyprias

Packaging issue : the TOC file doesn't list Ace3 and LibNameplate-1.0 as OptionalDeps. You should either disable no-lib version or add the dependencies.
Added the dependencies.

I have some issue with anchoring, sometimes the buff are anchor to "top left" instead of "top" and I couldn't change Y offset.
If you enable Show Bar Background, is the whole bar off to the left of the plate? I'm not sure about the Y offset problem.

And I would like an option to show the cooldown model (and/or to have the icon flashing when time is less than 3 seconds).
I had a cooldown overlay on the frames but decided to remove it because it would disappear when the frame it's on moves. So you'd only see itwa if when your camera and the nameplate were perfectly still. So instead I added the cooldown text and coloured it red/green.
I'll add a option to change when a frame beings flashing. Right now it's only below 20% timeleft, but not if there's 60+ seconds left.
Old 03-16-2010   #6
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprias View Post
If you enable Show Bar Background, is the whole bar off to the left of the plate? I'm not sure about the Y offset problem.
Hrm, I couldn't reproduce this with r18. It seems fine now.

Quote:
I had a cooldown overlay on the frames but decided to remove it because it would disappear when the frame it's on moves. So you'd only see itwa if when your camera and the nameplate were perfectly still. So instead I added the cooldown text and coloured it red/green.
That makes sense.

Quote:
I'll add a option to change when a frame beings flashing. Right now it's only below 20% timeleft, but not if there's 60+ seconds left.
I may have overlooked it but it doesn't seem to me the icons flashed (with r18 ). Edit: wait, I think I understand what's going "wrong".

Code:
if self.alphaUp == true then
  self:SetAlpha(alpha+0.2)
else
  self:SetAlpha(alpha-0.2)
end
Using "alpha-0.2" and "alpha+0.2" will give different depending on frame rate. Try this instead:

Code:
-- The following code makes alpha going between 0.2 et 1 alpha with an 1-second period.
local f = GetTime() % 1
if f > 0.5 then 
  f = 1 - f
end
self:SetAlpha(0.2 + 0.16 * f)

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.

Last edited by Adirelle; 03-16-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-17-2010   #7
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Got lots of these this morning with r28: http://paste.wowace.com/spenydkg8ha0tvc2/

Old 03-17-2010   #8
Cyprias

sorry about that.
Old 03-22-2010   #9
Silentbob78

I just stumbled upon this addon, when I was searching for a nameplate addon to help me keep track of Living Bomb on multiple targets.

So far it seems to work great and I thought I would say: Thank you for making this addon.

I have one question though. I´m using Skinner to skin some addons and the default UI. Before Platebuffs, I was not using any nameplate addon and just had Skinner doing its thing. However when I enable Platebuffs, nameplates are reverted to the default Blizzard ones.

Is this suppose to happen or a bug?
Silentbob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #10
Cyprias

Looks like Skinner only modifies nameplates if it has 2 children frames (healthbar and castbar). PlateBuffs adds frames to nameplates which increases the number of children it has. Skinner then sees the nameplate has more then 2 children and ignores it.

Tags
buff, dot, nameplate