Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 01-29-2010   #31
OrionShock
Legendary Member

Default Re: Dungeon Speed Runner --Official Thread

the "Spammy Portion" of what your seeing there is from the addon itself to the user..

Could be considered debug, however it is natural print from the addon. I'll add an option to turn off verbosity.

"I was there in the beginning... and things were very different back then" --An Echo from a time before.
OrionShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #32
markv

Well if the user has it set to output to a chat already I'm not quite sure why you would want it to do it a second time. Hence why I would consider it spammy, as you're already seeing it once via the method you chose to output it as.
markv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #33
OrionShock
Legendary Member

that particular output is informational from the addon. It also sounds off when you start the run and again when you end the run. Originally it was for debugging but I altered it for informational output.

"I was there in the beginning... and things were very different back then" --An Echo from a time before.
Old 01-30-2010   #34
ant1pathy

Can you have the timers and run totals align to column?
ant1pathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #35
Zidomo
Amazing Member

v0.7-beta-8-g1359ca1 (updated from older version), USEnglish client/server. Head into Interface, Options, DungeonSpeedRunner, click the General Options tab. Verbose Output is unchecked, I check it.

Change to Announce Runtimes tab, click one of the (old) entries there, error is thrown up:

Code:
["message"] = "AceLocale-3.0: DungeonSpeedRunner: Missing entry for 'Verbose Output':\nDungeonSpeedRunner-v0.7-beta-8-g1359ca1\\DungeonSpeedRunner.lua:543: in function <...ace\\AddOns\\DungeonSpeedRunner\\DungeonSpeedRunner.lua:532>\nAceConfigRegistry-3.0-11:306: in function `app'\nAceConfigDialog-3.0-44:1755: in function `Open'\nDungeonSpeedRunner-v0.7-beta-8-g1359ca1\\DungeonSpeedRunner.lua:436: in function `OnClick'\nStatBlockCore-2.65\\StatBlockCore.lua:598: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\StatBlockCore\\StatBlockCore.lua:596>\n\n  ---",
            ["type"] = "error",
            ["time"] = "2010/02/09 00:58:12",
            ["session"] = 811,
            ["counter"] = 1,
        }, -- [302]
Zidomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010   #36
Zidomo
Amazing Member

This consistently fails to recognize final boss kills in both heroic Forge of Souls & Pit of Saron (haven't tried it yet in Halls of Reflection).

Consequently, the timer keeps on running after the instances are over. You have to remember to stop it manually if you want the run to be recorded at all. There are no problems with "old" heroics.

Using v0.7-beta-11-ge4a26d0, USEnglish client/server, WoW 3.3.3a live.
Old 04-05-2010   #37
OrionShock
Legendary Member

DSR is meant for the LFD system on random. That's what I exclusively use it for.

The start/stop methods where added for non-random runs in the instances.

So are these runs in FoS and PoS non-random runs?

Old 04-05-2010   #38
Zidomo
Amazing Member

I used the LFD tool for assembling the groups. 4 times for Pit of Saron, once for Forge of Souls. But they were selected as "Specific Dungeons" in the LFD tool.

The timers started properly at the beginning of each of those dungeons. But they did not stop properly.

Latest Pit of Saron run, the timer kept on running after the boss was killed. But after leaving the group (and getting ported back to where I was before the group was assembled), the timer stopped counting automatically...and the run was not recorded. Was not able to stop the timer manually.
Old 04-06-2010   #39
Zidomo
Amazing Member

If the mod is unable to properly handle anything other than random LFD groups (due to it looking only for the LFG_COMPLETION_REWARD event), it really should not start a timer on other group types (like the aforementioned Specific Dungeon LFD group). Especially if its going to automatically discard the timer after leaving the dungeon as it does now. That is, if there is any event to look for at the start of a dungeon that is specific for that group type.

Of course, would be nice if it recorded any dungeon run types someone cares to do. Barring that, provide a selectable option to have it not automatically discard timers when you leave a dungeon and its still running. Instead when that happens, the person can choose to manually stop it.

Last edited by Zidomo; 04-06-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2010   #40
OrionShock
Legendary Member

I've thought about popup's at one point. I've just been offline for the last week & havn't had time.

That and there is that ever looming problem that i don't do anything other than random heroics, so it'll may be a while before i can get your request in.