Go Back   WowAce Forums > General > General Chat

Old 07-20-2011   #1
pigmonkey

Default Packager issues

This is the first project that I am using Git for, and I believe I have followed everything in the wiki. When I initially pushed my repository to WowAce, I did not see any commits, even though I have it set to package Alpha, Beta, and Release. I proceeded to add a "v1" tag and pushed that, and still nothing. I switched directories and cloned just to be sure, and everything was in place, including the tag.

So after a few more commits and still nothing, I asked around IRC and vhaarr mentioned tagging which got me thinking that I should try the web interface to see what would happen. I entered "v2" and submitted, and seconds later my v1, v1-nolib, and only the v2-nolib were packaged. I have since deleted the v1, as I had forgotten the .pkgmeta file back then, but I am still very confused with this right now.

Where did my v2 (without the -nolib) go? Why isn't the packager detecting my commits?

The addon can be found here:
http://www.wowace.com/addons/balerochealers/
pigmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #2
starlon

Default Project LCD4WoW won't package

For some reason my project LCD4WoW won't package. The packager page shows blank, and I've made commits and tags, but nothing. I think it broke when I got it approved from experimental state. I made it "Planning" right after submitting for the approval, thinking that would stop it from going public since I found out shortly after submitting for approval that the project got vandalized.

Either that or my hacker wants me to think someone at WoWAce/CurseForge is sabotaging my projects. *wrenched nerves*

Wake up Sheeple! Cataclysm was an inside job!

Legalize WoW gold purchases directly from Blizzard! Yeah, my doctor thinks I'm crazy too. >.<

"It was either going to school for programming or working at the Genetically Modified Wildlife Preserve. I've always had a love for the wildlife, but technology won out in the end."
starlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011   #3
starlon

Default Re: Project

It packaged one tag, but stopped again.

Legalize WoW gold purchases directly from Blizzard! Yeah, my doctor thinks I'm crazy too. >.<

"It was either going to school for programming or working at the Genetically Modified Wildlife Preserve. I've always had a love for the wildlife, but technology won out in the end."
Old 07-21-2011   #4
starlon

Ok, it's creating packages that overlap each other, meaning the previous tag is being packaged with the current tag, but only partially, as in only one file out of -libs and -nolibs.

Nobody knows? I'm about to just create a whole new addon if nobody can help.

Old 07-21-2011   #5
Seerah
Legendary Member

Click the report button on your project page and enter your problem there.
Old 07-21-2011   #6
starlon

Oh Thanks.

Old 07-22-2011   #7
starlon

Happened to StarTip as well. >.< Reported that one too. Still haven't heard anything back from the report on LCD4WoW. Guess they're busy, or/and they simply hate me.

Old 07-22-2011   #8
Torhal

Send a message via ICQ to Torhal

Busy. :P

Author/Maintainer of Archy, Ackis Recipe List, Revelation, Spamalyzer, Volumizer, and many other AddOns.
Torhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011   #9
starlon

Well stop chatting in IRC then and get to work then! *whip*

lol

Btw, since you don't hate me, I'll be stalking you on Google+. Beware.

Old 07-23-2011   #10
starlon

Somehow StarTip's working again. I disabled packaging, then I changed the repository to point to GitHub, and then I tagged, then turned on packaging again, and tagged twice and it was fixed. Doesn't work for LCD4WoW though.

Also, I changed LCD4WoW and StarTip both to point to GitHub for repository pulls. The packager is still pulling from wowace's git repo.