Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Unit Frames
Unit Frames ag_UnitFrames, Grid, Pitbull, X-Perl, etc., and modules

Old 05-20-2012   #411
aestophas

Default Re: Shadowed Unit Frames [official]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekke View Post
I recently came back to the game and was curious to try and recreate a setup I had on SUF a long time ago.

On my Druid I had custom text tags set up to show the remaining duration on my HoTs (WG, Rejuv, Regrowth) in different colors for each HoT, along with Lifebloom duration and stacks (stacks were shown by a different color for each stack...red, yellow, green).

I found the code for these tags buried in some forum long ago and for the life of me can't find it anymore. Would anyone knowledgeable on the subject be gracious enough to attempt to recreate them for me?

I know the Aura Indicators module can do something similar, but I'm left with colored boxes with an annoying cooldown wheel in addition to duration text, overlapping text already on the frame and very difficult to line up. The original solution I used worked much smoother and was much more intuitive to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the exact same problem. I did find the code for Pitbull, but unfortunately it doesn't work with SUF.

Code:
if not rejuvenation_expire then
  rejuvenation_expire = {}
end
if event ~= "_timer" then
  local i=1
  local found = false
  while true do
    local n,_,_,c,_,_,e,u=UnitAura(unit,i,"HELPFUL")
    if not n then
      break
    elseif u=="player" then
      if n=="Rejuvenation" then
        found = true
        rejuvenation_expire[font_string] = e
      end
    end
    i = i + 1
  end
  if not found then
    rejuvenation_expire[font_string] = nil
  end
end
local e = rejuvenation_expire[font_string] or 0
local d=ceil(e-GetTime(),1)
if d > 0 then
  UpdateIn(0.2)
  return '|cFFFF0099%s|r',d
end
If I wrap this in the
Code:
function(unit, unitOwner)
end
function, SUF accepts it, but once I activate the tag, I get the following error:
Code:
[string "return function(unit, unitOwner)..."] line 21:
   table index is nil
Additionally, if I cast Rejuvenation, I get the error:
Code:
[string "return function(unit, unitOwner)..."] line 15:
   table index is nil
What am I doing wrong?
aestophas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012   #412
Animoral

Hi,

Thank you for a great addon!
There are two features I didn't find in the config options:

1. I would like to add spec text to the bars. For example fire/frost/arcane for mages etc. Couldn't find "spec" in the text/tags section.

2. I would like to sort party/raid according to role. For example tanks first, then healers, then DPS.

Thanks!
Animoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #413
khelge

Hi! Been using this wonderful addon for years now!

I'm just wondering, is it possible to blacklist debuffs on my target? So that I can blacklist all the player debuffs and only have boss/world specific debuffs showing?
khelge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #414
maievshadow

Hi, sorry if this has been answered before.

I have a problem with the "Player" frame, on some of my characters this box is solid black, and i cant seem to fix it, all other frames and fine, its just the "player" one.
maievshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #415
Farmbuyer
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maievshadow View Post
Hi, sorry if this has been answered before.

I have a problem with the "Player" frame, on some of my characters this box is solid black, and i cant seem to fix it, all other frames and fine, its just the "player" one.
Probably one of these kinds of problems involving bar textures or corrupted savedvariables. You haven't given enough information to say more than a rough guess, sorry.
Old 06-26-2012   #416
maievshadow

This is a SS of the problem:

Its on the bottom middle of the screen
maievshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #417
Shadowed

As addons are being enabled on beta soon, existing tickets are being cleared and stuff will be transitional into mostly solving 5.0 issues or features.

If you have feature requests for MoP, now is the time. Keep in mind, odds are I'm going to say no to most feature requests, but that's nothing new, just fair warning.

General updates for MoP will go out once addons are actually enabled and I have time to shift through everything.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/shadowe...rames/tickets/
Shadowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #418
Farmbuyer
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
If you have feature requests for MoP, now is the time. Keep in mind, odds are I'm going to say no to most feature requests, but that's nothing new, just fair warning.
What fortuitous timing! What about feature requests accompanied by battle-tested code diffs?

I am in the middle of implementing a feature that I've been threatening for some time to port over from sRaidFrames; it's actually the only reason I'm still using sRF for raids (and sUF for everything else). Once I finish it and test it, I had planned to just maintain it as a separate patch, of the "drop in replacement files for sUF version x.y.z" distribution style. If you decide to include it for MoP, great, if not, that's fine too.

sUF 3.4.4 gives, essentially, three choices for raid frame arrangement: One large block of bars by group number, one large block of bars by class (in a hardcoded order), or "split" frames arranged by group number. The "split" frames cannot be moved separately, but there are options controlling their relative layouts and spacing.

sRaidFrames offered user-programmable "filter/grouping sets". It came with simple default sets for "a block of frames by class" and "a block of frames by group number"[*]. But then you could also define your own combinations; essentially building up the "groupFilter" and "strictFiltering" attributes of FrameXML/SecureGroupHeaders on a framegroup-by-framegroup basis.

Anyhow, I'm adding that. It'll be an extension of the existing "split frames" option, so that the framegroups are still moveable as a block, but each header will be based on user filters instead of always using the 8 fixed group numbers.

The configuration so far is strictly an extension, so that if users toggle off the "use this feature" option, or if they revert to an unpatched sUF with a SavedVariables file from a patched one, their previous raid arrangements will Just Work. I'm currently testing that by using live code when taking my alts to LFR raids.

The latest files I see at this link are the 3.4.4 release. If you have any more recent alphas someplace, I'd love to get an idea of what changes you're making to the relevant parts of modules/units.lua and sUFOptions/config.lua.

[*] And one for "frames by raid role as determined by talent spec" if you had some optional libraries installed. If I mess with that at all, it'll be using the Blizzard defined raid role tags rather than talent scanning, especially in light of MoP's reworked talents.
Old 06-28-2012   #419
Shadowed

That is definitely not something I plan on adding, SUF raid frames are only supposed to be basic and not an extensive replacement actual raid frame addons.

You really shouldn't be redistributing modified SUF files either though. It should either be a plugin or not something that's done. I don't really want to be dealing with people complaining that something broke because they're using a modified SUF version.
Shadowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #420
Farmbuyer
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
That is definitely not something I plan on adding, SUF raid frames are only supposed to be basic and not an extensive replacement actual raid frame addons.
I think sUF in general has long since left the land of "basic" behind, but I'll respect your decision.

Quote:
You really shouldn't be redistributing modified SUF files either though. It should either be a plugin or not something that's done.
It's not my preference either, but the exposed functions haven't been enough to implement what I need to change. There are too many assumptions made about things like frame ID numbers == group numbers, relations between frame ID numbers and unit IDs, etc, and they're deep in the guts of current split-frames code.

A plugin wouldn't be doing the traditional "sUF module" approach so much as replacing and hooking functions entirely -- assuming enough functions are exposed in the first place, and so far there haven't been. I'm not finished yet though. Maybe the MoP code is different? Is it in git someplace public? I'd rather do it with a plugin, if the deep code can be reached.

Quote:
I don't really want to be dealing with people complaining that something broke because they're using a modified SUF version.
Don't worry, there were going to be plenty of disclaimers. (I are teh sociallee responsible coder!!1!) A plugin wouldn't be any different.

Tags
shadowed, shadowed unit frames, suf, unit frames