Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 10-18-2008   #641
kagaro
Amazing Member

Default Re: kgPanels Offical Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiot View Post
Okay, well. I've looked and i've searched. But havn't found or i'm just utterly tired at the moment, but what i'm trying todo here is when i join a party i want my frame to be shown, and when i leave i want it to be hidden.

I really don't know how to do this.

thanks in advance, redOxx.
register for the PARTY_CHAGE_EVENT and then decide based on party members. or go look at the project page, it has sample scripts.
kagaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #642
Seerah
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shilock View Post
I am new to KgPanels and before 2 days ago I had never heard of either KgPanels or eePanels.

I am trying to understand parenting and anchoring better. As such, I have a few questions.

1. What happens when I input the frame name of some addon into the "Parenting" textbox for a panel definition? I am assuming the named addon frame inherits the inheritable properties from the panel I defined. Is this correct?

2. Can I assign similar anchoring attributes to a frame defined by an addon? For example, I want to anchor a bartenders bar to a panel such that I can drag the panel to various places and the anchored bar follows.

3. If the answer to 2 is yes, can I anchor multiple addon frames to a single panel? I imagine this is yes IF the answer to 2 is yes.

What I am trying to do is configure my bars from bartender in some way where I only care about the relative positioning. But I may want to drag the group together to another location on the screen. I could apply this same idea to any group of addon frames... which I might if this works.
No, you've got it backwards. You're parenting the kgpanels to those frames, not the other way around.
Old 10-18-2008   #643
stilus

It looks like there's a bug where artwork with a name that starts with an integer will appear to work fine until KgPanels attempts to render the artwork on the panel once it's selected.

Example: the other day I made background artwork that used a single digit for its name (e.g.: 1, 2, 3, etc.) would appear to work, textures would show up correctly everywhere, except when I actually selected that custom artwork as the background of a panel, the panel itself would not render the background texture properly until I deleted and recreated the artwork with the name "Artwork01".

If it is a bug, seems to be low priority, as it's really not that hard to use alpha characters in custom artwork names, but I thought that it should be noted in case others are running across this issue so they don't waste an hour or so trying to figure it out.
stilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #644
kagaro
Amazing Member

did you have .tga as an extension on the file names when you added them? or did you just called it 1?
Old 10-18-2008   #645
Holyrthnyou

Having a bit of trouble with a script in the Wiki.

i have the following script in On Load yet the panels still stays black.

local _, class = UnitClass("player");
if class == "WARRIOR" then
self:SetBackdropColor(0.95, 0.23, 0.23, 0.00)
elseif class == "PRIEST" then
self:SetBackdropColor(1, 0.96, 0.98, 0.00)
elseif class == "MAGE" then
self:SetBackdropColor(0.00, 1, 1, 0.00)
elseif class == "DRUID" then
self:SetBackdropColor(1, 0.49, 0.04, 0.00)
elseif class == "PALADIN" then
self:SetBackdropColor(0.92, 0.22, 0.46, 0.00)
elseif class == "HUNTER" then
self:SetBackdropColor(0.33, 0.86, 0.00, 0.00)
elseif class == "ROGUE" then
self:SetBackdropColor(1, 0.94, 0.16, 0.00)
elseif class == "SHAMAN" then
self:SetBackdropColor(0.13, 0.42, 1, 0.00)
elseif class == "WARLOCK" then
self:SetBackdropColor(0.36, 0.18, 1, 0.00)
end

ive tried different transparencies etc but nothing seems to fix the problem. let me know what suggestions or changes there are.

Last edited by Holyrthnyou; 10-18-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: typos
Holyrthnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #646
kagaro
Amazing Member

set your background to None
Old 10-19-2008   #647
vikingpower

Anyone found out a good way to make panels to pitbull group? Whanting a small box pr group memeber that doesn't show in raid.
vikingpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #648
Hildy

Man, I've been working all weekend and I'm stomped.

Parenting to bars or unit frames isn't an option, so I need to use scripts to show and hide frames based on whether I have a pet out or a target.

I set up a frame (and a number of extras parented to it) to show when I have a pet and hide when I do not. I've used code that I've used to do this in the past, but now it seems buggy. It'll work, but then if I add more frames, even without scripts on them, it'll just stop working.

OnLoad
Code:
self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_PET")
self:Hide()
OnEvent
Code:
if UnitExists("pet") == nil then
   self:Hide()
else
   self:Show()
end
Also... I need to show/hide a frame to fill in a gap when another frame is not present. It appears the best way to do that would be to use "kgPanel#:Show()" in the OnHide script area, and the opposite in the OnShow one, of the other frame... but it seems the # for the frame changes each time I log in. It was 7, then 4, and then 5. Is there a static method to refer to direct a frame from within the script of another? I don't recall these numbers being random in the past.

Last edited by Hildy; 10-20-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #649
kagaro
Amazing Member

the frames numbers are random and recycled. Please use the kgPAnels api to get the frame in questions

local target = kgPanels:FetchFrame("the name you gave the frame")
Old 10-20-2008   #650
TangoDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagaro View Post
ag may have loaded, but not created a target frame yet
Sorry if I'm being thick... but doesn't that mean there's an onShow fired even though the frame isn't shown or even created yet?
TangoDigital is offline   Reply With Quote