Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 04-12-2008   #1
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Default Skillet - the lilsparky branch

i decided to break off this discussion from the official skillet thread to avoid confusing people who don't really care to try relatively unstable addons. the current trunk of skillet is not dead and is still very much usable.

my branch extends the functionality of skillet, but as it's largely new code, it has some stability issues.

if you wish to play with what my branch, then you can get it from the svn (branches/Skillet/lilsparky) or from this thread. i'll include a zip file in this first post that i'll try to update with the latest versions when i can.

i'd welcome any feedback or suggestions or bug reports here.

i've attached two files. one without libs, one with.

edit: now it's skillet in one and the libs in another so i don't have to keep re-upping the libs

for best results, turn off lsw or fizzwidgets. i would also expect barker and arl to give some problems.

may 1, 2008 edit: new version. added some grouping options, more stability, smaller saved variable footprint.
may 4, 2008 edit: new version. added some alt-clicking features, fixed a bunch of bugs.
may 6, 2008 edit: new version. fixed some inventory bugs, skill header problems, some other stuff...
may 13, 2008 edit: new version. fixed a few more issues with shopping list stuff (merchants, banks, etc). think i fixed the desync, but not sure...
may 18, 2008 edit: new version. fixed more desyncing issues. fixed the stop after 2 issue! fixed button crowding issues.
jul 1, 2008 edit: new version. really fixed the tradeskill stop. i think. added groups. reworked the layout a bit. new inventory filtering method
jul 18, 2008 edit: new version. fixed some cut/paste issues with group management. added a vendor filter to craftability counts. fixed some of the default settings being silly. worked on reducing memory footprint.
jul 19, 2008 edit: removed some of the memory mangement stuff to reduce lag

oct 18 2008 edit: this version of the forum software doesn't allow large enough attachments, so the attachments have been removed and all files are now located in the normal repository system (i hope)

*** i'm including a version of lilsparky's workshop that will work with this version of skillet (but it doesn't work with the trunk version) ***

nov 11 2008 edit: link for files repository:
http://www.wowace.com/projects/skill...s-clone/files/

Last edited by lilsparky; 11-12-2008 at 02:13 AM.
lilsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #2
bloodstrike

Default Re: Skillet - the lilsparky branch

Code:
Skillet\SkilletStitch-1.1.lua:250: unexpected symbol near '<'

Skillet\Skillet.lua:508: unexpected symbol near '<'

Skillet\TradeskillInfo.lua:52: unexpected symbol near '<'

Skillet\SkilletQueue.lua:284: unexpected symbol near '<'

Skillet\ThirdPartyHooks.lua:112: attempt to index global 'Skillet' (a nil value)

Skillet\Upgrades.lua:27: attempt to index global 'Skillet' (a nil value)

Skillet\UI\Utils.lua:121: attempt to index global 'Skillet' (a nil value)

Skillet\UI\Sorting.lua:353: attempt to index global 'Skillet' (a nil value)

Skillet\UI\MainFrame.lua:432: unexpected symbol near '<'

<string>:"SkilletSortDropdown:OnLoad":1: attempt to index global 'Skillet' (a nil value)

Skillet\UI\RecipeNotes.lua:22: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'SKILLET_TRADE_SKILL_HEIGHT' (a nil value)

Skillet\UI\MerchantWindow.lua:109: attempt to index global 'Skillet' (a nil value)

Skillet\UI\ShoppingList.lua:119: attempt to index global 'Skillet' (a nil value)
No externals version, if that helps.
bloodstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #3
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
* The problem is with the options: I have "Open at bank" set and "Open at guild bank" unset (I'm not in a guild). Shopping list doesn't open. If I set "Open at guild bank" the shopping window is then open at regular bank.
hmm... maybe those options got swapped somewhere... i'll take a look.

Quote:
* I've been skilling up Cooking a bit: I had Cooking 13/75. I queued 5 Spice Breads which needed reagents from vendor. I've bought them using Shopping list (works now). But when I clicked Start button only 2 Spice Breads were made and 3 stayed queued. (I leveled to Cooking 15/75 which AFAIK didn't change difficulty of any recipe) I didn't move and no error was thrown.
* After I completed the last 3 Spice Breads I tried to add another 5 to the queue but was unable to do - the buttons didn't work and no error was thrown.
** Selecting another recipe and reselecting Spice Bread recipe fixed this issue.
hmmm... sounds like maybe the execution of the skill got interrupted by the skillup message...

Quote:
* Queue/Create All still queues full stack for vendor only recipes. I've tried to use this button to clear my bags of all previously bought reagents and thus hoping this number would be based on Bags availability.
the create/queue all buttons have always worked based on the availability in your bank. for vendor items, i supplant the bank with the vendor figuring that they're both 1 step away. i'm thinking of changing the queue buttons a bit, tho. but that's coming later i think. i'll probably just switch the all available to use bags numbers instead of bank numbers.

Quote:
* The vendor "Buy reagents" button can be clicked more then once (should be hidden when all available reagents are bought), but Skillet item availability is not updated properly.
yeah, okay. i can fix that.

Quote:
* Recipe difficulties are not updated and you need to use Rescan button to fix it
part of the skillup event stuff i need to examine.

Quote:
* The bank and alt information is not properly handled: I have deleted Skilled SV and used just one character. It displays I have 9 Ruined Leather Scraps in my bags, 0 in my bank and ?9 on my alts?. Using 3 scraps to create 1 Light Leather Skillet suggest I can create 3x Light Leather using my bags items; 3x Light Leather using all items this character has (with bank); (9(me)+9(alts))/3 = 6x Light Leather using all items my characters have
** Queue All properly queues 3x Light Leather and clears the double info about my alts.
yeah, okay. there's two modes of thought on the bag/bank/alt system. one is that you include the previous in the former (like your bank includes your bag items). the other is that the bank excludes your bags and your alts excludes your main. blizz's api includes bag items in the bank count, so i'm keeping with that concept (the numbers will always be bigger). nogudnik's original code might be thinking otherwise.

if you include bags in banks and mains in alts, then you'll always have an increasing series of numbers. [2/5/8] which is think is good functionality. as you include more sources, the numbers should increase.

i'll make sure this is consistent.

the alt number isn't totally right yet. i'm still trying to figure out what that number should be. craftability of reagents is the sticking point. at the moment, it uses the alt's recipe list as the craftability determination when contributing reagents to the alt "pool". so, if an alt has linen cloth but no tailoring skill, that linen doesn't get considered when looking for linen bolts in a recipe. this isn't optimal...

Quote:
Feature ideas:
* I've noticed the vendor Buy reagents button has tooltip which includes number of reagents bought. Could it also include their prices and total price?
** This tooltip should properly handle stack bought items. ie. for 1 Spice Bread you need 1 Simple Flour, but it's only sold in stacks of 5. (Clicking the buy reagents button will buy 5x Simple Flour)
yes. i was thinking the same thing. yeah, that stack size thing bit me in the ass with lsw.

Quote:
* Rescan button should not be needed in final version of Skillet and all updates should be handled automatically
i agree, but it'll be there as a fail-safe in case of errors.

Quote:
* TradeskillInfo (bit outdated addon here on wowace) is adding difficulty information to Skillet: 40/35/30/1 for Spice Bread. Could this be added to Skillet? (would need Difficulty tracking added and saving this information to SV)
i actually have the whole list of difficulties as provided by another user here at wowace. i certainly could add that right into skillet, but i think i'll instead make that a module -- partly to exercise that system and partly because while it's not a large amount of data, it's still not necessary for the core functionality.

speaking of tsi, one of my goals is to allow tsi to act as a data feeder to skillet so that you have the skillet interface operating on the tsi data.
Old 04-12-2008   #4
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstrike
Code:
Skillet\SkilletStitch-1.1.lua:250: unexpected symbol near '<'
No externals version, if that helps.

ack! i musta goofed some svn stuff... i freely admit to being an svn noob hack.

edit: should be good to go now.
Old 04-12-2008   #5
bloodstrike

Working well now. Looks like the normal skillet just implemented support for arkinventory for bank/alt reagents. Any plans on importing that into your branch?
Old 04-12-2008   #6
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Working well now. Looks like the normal skillet just implemented support for arkinventory for bank/alt reagents. Any plans on importing that into your branch?
my branch tracks inventory on its own -- so once you use skillet with an alt, the recognized reagents of that alt will recorded. it doesn't, however, track guild bank inventory.

there's still the vestiges of the old skillet inventory support in there in case i decide to switch back to the requirement of having a bank/alt addon to handle this stuff.
Old 04-12-2008   #7
bloodstrike

Gotcha Gotcha. Sounds good. In that case everything looks good for now, haven't had the need to really pressure test it yet, but might tonight. The only thing I have a problem with is actually blizzard's fault, and they have yet to fix it - The alchemy categories have two different 'other' headings, and when you collapse or expand one, you get both.

Oh, speaking of which, can we get an 'All' button at the top of the tradeskill listings that will expand or collapse all headings?
Old 04-12-2008   #8
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Gotcha Gotcha. Sounds good. In that case everything looks good for now, haven't had the need to really pressure test it yet, but might tonight. The only thing I have a problem with is actually blizzard's fault, and they have yet to fix it - The alchemy categories have two different 'other' headings, and when you collapse or expand one, you get both.
yeah, tailoring has the same issue (two "cloth" categories). that said, i think they are disconnected in my branch. try it.

Quote:
Oh, speaking of which, can we get an 'All' button at the top of the tradeskill listings that will expand or collapse all headings?
yeah, i think i could add something like that. my end goal is to wrap up the hide trivial and hide uncraftable into a grouping system (along with custom groups and a plug-in-able auto-grouping system). but that's later. and expand/collapse all fits the current system.

i suppose a different approach would be to add that functionality to the header toggles themselves. if you hit shift when toggling a header then it closes everything BUT that group. aferall, the goal isn't to have everything collapsed, it's to have most things collapsed and just one or two open.

Old 04-12-2008   #9
bloodstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsparky
yeah, tailoring has the same issue (two "cloth" categories). that said, i think they are disconnected in my branch. try it.
Yup yup, the two alchemy 'other' categories work independently in your branch. Here's hoping Blizz gets around to re-categorizing some stuff so that it makes more sense than 2 identically named categories..

Your plans about groups sound good! And yeah, a shift click to close all other headings might work, i know i like the idea, but it might be a little counter-intuitive for some people (why would clicking on this heading close other ones?). A 'collapse all' is self explaining and easy. Of course, doing both isn't out of the question either. Forgive my over-analysis, I'm a web interface designer by trade .

EDIT: forgot to mention this, but THANK YOU for adding the tradeskill buttons to the top of the skillet window so i don't have to have all 3 of my tradeskill on my action bars, or have to keep closing and opening skillet to make different things.
Old 04-12-2008   #10
justcallmefred
Amazing Member

Do we come here for updates and just keep using the download from your first post?
justcallmefred is offline   Reply With Quote