Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Unit Frames > Grid & Grid2
Grid & Grid2 Discussions regarding Grid & Grid2 goes here.

Old 04-28-2008   #1
kunda

Default [Grid] GridIndicatorCornerPlus

Indicator: GridIndicatorCornerPlus
DESC: Adds 3 corner indicators to each corner of the Grid frames. (total 12)
DOWNLOAD: http://www.wowace.com/addons/grid-in...er-plus/files/
NOTE: Options for spacing and size (Frame -> Advanced -> CornerPlus).

Screenshot:

Please only use this indicators if you NEED it!!!
Please only use this indicators if you know how to setup your Grid!!!

If you are new to Grid: DO NOT USE THIS ADDON!!! Grid itself has all you need when you start using Grid.

Enjoy!
kunda

Last edited by kunda; 10-16-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: update
kunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #2
maia
Amazing Member

Default Re: [Grid] GridIndicatorCornerPlus

Oh my god, I think it's time to add a check to Grid on startup - aka: "You've installed Grid with 16 additional modules. Are you insane? [Yes] [No]"

As a feedback for your module, kunda: are the indicators "merged", or can you configure each of the 12? Because when I read pastamancers idea about three corner indicators, I had the following in mind (I'm displaying the bottom area of a unit)

(a)(b)(c) (f)(e)(d)

So basically you'd still bind a status to a corner indicator, but if more than one status wants to be displayed, the corner-most box (a, d) will have the highest priority (like now in the default Grid), but with up to two 'fallback' boxes (b,c,e,f), that display the status with the second highest priority and the one with the third highest priority.
maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #3
kunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by maia
Oh my god, I think it's time to add a check to Grid on startup - aka: "You've installed Grid with 16 additional modules. Are you insane? [Yes] [No]"
uhhh I scared you?

Quote:
when I read pastamancers idea about three corner indicators, I had the following in mind
Oh, sorry I missed that.

Quote:
As a feedback for your module, kunda: are the indicators "merged"
Hmmm merged? The screenshot is just an example. The screenshot shows all GridIndicatorCornerPlus indicators to illustrate what indicators you get (and where they are) if you install it. In the screenshot I assigned a status to all of the 12 indicators (blue) (and the 4 standard Grid corner indicators (red)). Sure, you can use each of the 12 indicators individually...if you just need 1, just assign 1 status to 1 indicator, just like the standard ones, simple or?

And Maia, btw: I use even more indicators/statuses (sure, not all from wowace - many selfmade ones) ...but I am really scared to release it here because of ppl who just download all addons and don't know what to do with it...

Please remember:
Please use any Indicator or Status wisely!!!
Please only use this indicators if you NEED it!!!
Grid itself has all you need when you start using Grid.

Many indicators are great for statuses that displays OOC things...that's the main reason I use so many of it. And even in combat are many indicators/statuses very useful, you just need to know what is important to show and what is not if you are in combat.

as always:
If you don't like it, don't use it!
If you don't need it, don't use it!
Old 04-28-2008   #4
maia
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunda
Many indicators are great for statuses that displays OOC things...that's the main reason I use so many of it. And even in combat are many indicators/statuses very useful, you just need to know what is important to show and what is not if you are in combat.
I agree. We should really have an option "display status only out of combat" for each status. And as for my 'merged' concept, it would allow you to e.g. define the three hots you're interested in, and if a unit only has one hot, it'll always be in the corner (and not somewhere else simply because you assigned it to the e.g. third box of that corner). This would also reduce the configuration mess ("did I already assign a status to the 14th of the 16 box indicators?").
maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #5
kunda

Code:
30100-1 (2009-05-29):
- update for 30100
Download ONLY via attached file in first post of this thread.
kunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #6
Oddible

Fantastic addon, great for tracking the various Druid HoTs and Lifebloom stack size. What are your plans to migrate this to Grid2?
Oddible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #7
Oddible

Nevermind, got Grid2 working and figured out the Location feature, I see that this addon is no longer required for Grid2. Thanks for all the great raids GridIndicatorCornerPlus!
Oddible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #8
JamusPsi

I fixed GridIndicatorCornerText and GridIndicatorCornerPlus, and the author of GridStatusHots has fixed that as well.

You can find GridCornerText at http://forums.wowace.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3225
My fixed copy (he hasn't put his up yet) of GridStatusHots is at http://forums.wowace.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3228

I did not write any of these addons, only fixed them for this patch and the latest Grid.

Latest grid: http://wowace.com/addons/grid/
JamusPsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #9
hibbohib

Yay, thank you !!!
hibbohib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #10
Nitewarlord

Ty JamusPsi...now i just have to wait on IndicatorSidePlus and CornerIcons and then i'll be good to go lol

Ty again for the downloads
Nitewarlord is offline   Reply With Quote