Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Data Broker AddOns
Data Broker AddOns Addon threads for displays and plugins using LibDataBroker.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008   #1
copystring
Full Member
 
copystring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 111
Default Barrel (Official Topic)

Made up a LibDataBroker-1.1 display addon wich creates minimap buttons around your minimap for each dataobject.

__________________
copystring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #2
HunterZ
Legendary Member
 
HunterZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 3,368
Default Re: Barrel (Official Topic)

Glad to see this, although I was hoping it'd be able to collapse the icons into one icon, MinimapButtonBag-style. Is there an MBB-type addon that works with Barrel?

I'm thinking it'd be nice to use SBC for addons that display info on their blocks, and Barrel for launchers that just open a menu or toggle something on/off without showing anything other than an icon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelten View Post
I WANT those new developers here that don't have a clue. Hell I want the users that don't have a clue here too. Because I firmly believe that the only way we'll be able to improve the overall community is through acceptance and teaching. The only people I DONT want here are those who are so hardheaded they refuse to see another point of view or at the very least respect it.
HunterZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #3
Tekkub
Wiki Master
 
Tekkub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Barrel (Official Topic)

I knew a minimap launcher display would happen soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterZ
I'm thinking it'd be nice to use SBC for addons that display info on their blocks, and Barrel for launchers that just open a menu or toggle something on/off without showing anything other than an icon.
That was EXACTLY the thing we were aiming for by making launcher a different spec from data sources... I hated how people put launchers onto Titan and FuBar and cluttered the crap out of it, just like how I hate programs that add shortcuts to you desktop without asking.
Tekkub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #4
copystring
Full Member
 
copystring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 111
Default Re: Barrel (Official Topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterZ
Glad to see this, although I was hoping it'd be able to collapse the icons into one icon, MinimapButtonBag-style. Is there an MBB-type addon that works with Barrel?

I'm thinking it'd be nice to use SBC for addons that display info on their blocks, and Barrel for launchers that just open a menu or toggle something on/off without showing anything other than an icon.
I've tested http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ButtonBag.html with Barrel and it works fine

I will add a option soon to show all dataobjects or only the launcher ones
__________________
copystring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #5
HunterZ
Legendary Member
 
HunterZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 3,368
Default Re: Barrel (Official Topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copystring
I've tested http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ButtonBag.html with Barrel and it works fine
Yeah, although I'm a bit hesitant to reinstall MBB after reading a post by tekkub: http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.p...8921#msg228921
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelten View Post
I WANT those new developers here that don't have a clue. Hell I want the users that don't have a clue here too. Because I firmly believe that the only way we'll be able to improve the overall community is through acceptance and teaching. The only people I DONT want here are those who are so hardheaded they refuse to see another point of view or at the very least respect it.
HunterZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #6
copystring
Full Member
 
copystring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 111
Default Re: Barrel (Official Topic)

Ah right, might implement it into Barrel some time... i will look into it for sure
__________________
copystring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #7
Adirelle
Legendary Member
 
Adirelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,386
Default Re: Barrel (Official Topic)

I fixed the "show only launchers" option.

Copystring, do you mind if I play further with your code ? At least, I'll look into fixing the tooltips.
__________________
Author of AdiButtonAuras, AdiBags, Squire2 and several other addons.

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.
Adirelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #8
copystring
Full Member
 
copystring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 111
Default Re: Barrel (Official Topic)

Sure go for it Adirelle, i am quite new to Lua and i guess most of code can be done better, but hey i am learning and i would appreciate if you want to improve code.
__________________
copystring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #9
Loupyn
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3
Default Re: Barrel (Official Topic)

I'm not sure if you are still going to work on Barrel, copystring, but I think there may be an issue with the old libraries in the current 0.1 version. Posted the ticket for you here: http://www.wowace.com/projects/barre...arrel-enabled/

I'll certainly look at it more tonight but I was up until almost 3am last night trying to track down this weird SetHeight bug attempting to use the OpenAllBags API call and needed sleep for work :P. If you aren't able to recreate the issue I'll see about updating the embedded libraries locally.
Loupyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #10
Farmbuyer
Amazing Member
 
Farmbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,110
Default Re: Barrel (Official Topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loupyn View Post
I'm not sure if you are still going to work on Barrel, copystring, but I think there may be an issue with the old libraries in the current 0.1 version. Posted the ticket for you here: http://www.wowace.com/projects/barre...arrel-enabled/
It's Barrel + Bartender4 that's doing it (added that to the ticket).

Quote:
I'll certainly look at it more tonight but I was up until almost 3am last night trying to track down this weird SetHeight bug attempting to use the OpenAllBags API call and needed sleep for work :P. If you aren't able to recreate the issue I'll see about updating the embedded libraries locally.
Tossing in the generic "Ace3" package, which (iirc) should contain the most recent version of all those libraries, didn't help.
Farmbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:23 AM.