Go Back   WowAce Forums > General > Updaters
Updaters Updater Threads

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009   #1041
essmene

Default Re: The New Curse Client

Quote:
Originally Posted by break19 View Post
No.. and 2.1.1.10b1 doesnt work under wine, either.. and I havent booted into windows in a while (still futzin with tryin to get my custom kernel + nvidia driver to work)

break19
It may be helpful to include the linux distro - it's version - vine version - ....
It may work under Debian and may break under gentoo.
Old 02-03-2009   #1042
break19

Actually, I think it has to do with the self-updating part, not the actual client..
Old 02-03-2009   #1043
HunterZ
Legendary Member

Trying the 2.1.1.11 beta. I like it a lot - especially how it shows unknown addons in a single list, with suggested matches for the user to consider.

I do kind of think that having both "ignore" and "unknown" states for addons is redundant. Throwing ignored addons back into the unknown list may work just as well as having to store a separate/additional flag for "ignored".

I wasn't able to change back to showing version numbers after making it show dates. I did try closing and re-opening the client after saving the option change.

Also, "primary" and "alternate" are bad descriptions for the externals mode setting.

The detection of modified addons is great, although it kind of falls down for Skinner since you are expected to move files around to make it work. That doesn't hurt anything though since it still shows when updates are available.

Oh, the non-dirty updating is nice too, although I'm surprised that there's no setting for it as far as I can tell.

Lastly, a couple of times when I launched it the window went blank and didn't correct itself until I resized it (gave me flashbacks to Omen2).
Old 02-03-2009   #1044
gagou

I like the new curse client, it works perfectly, but I don't know why bugsack keep updating each time (the local version is lost each time the addon are updated)

Also is it possible to ignore installing some librairies when in no-lib mod (like libstub, callback-handler, LibDBIcon-1.0)

It also seems that when in no-lib mode it reinstall all librairies of the updated mod even if I already have the library and it does not need to be updated if so it waste time and bandwidth
Old 02-04-2009   #1045
Kaelten
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Kaelten Send a message via MSN to Kaelten Send a message via Yahoo to Kaelten

Hey guys, I just posted a new article on the front page.

http://www.wowace.com/announcements/...1-rc1-release/

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
Old 02-04-2009   #1046
NightOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelten View Post
Hey guys, I just posted a new article on the front page.

http://www.wowace.com/announcements/...1-rc1-release/

Yay, finally get things that really work

Errors when installing addons

Code:
14:42:26: Directory 'TEMP/AddonLoader/' couldn't be created (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: Directory 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/' couldn't be created (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/AddonLoader ReadMe.html' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: Directory 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/' couldn't be created (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/Overrides.lua' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/AddonLoader.lua' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/AddonLoader.toc' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/Conditions.lua' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: Directory 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/locale/' couldn't be created (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/locale/zhCN.lua' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: Directory 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/locale/' couldn't be created (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/locale/koKR.lua' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/locale/enUS.lua' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/locale/zhTW.lua' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/locale/esES.lua' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/locale/deDE.lua' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: Directory 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/LibDataBroker-1.1/' couldn't be created (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/LibDataBroker-1.1/LibDataBroker-1.1.lua' (error 3: ???????????)
14:42:26: can't create file 'TEMP/AddonLoader/AddonLoader/Changelog-AddonLoader-r77.txt' (error 3: ???????????)

Last edited by NightOwl; 02-04-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2009   #1047
Kerecha
Legendary Member

Okay, might just be me that blind, but is there still no option for no-lib?

Probably got caught in wrong kit as usual.
*Anonymity is an eternal Bliss, By name our soul forever bound*
*Normal is Boring*

Old 02-04-2009   #1048
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerecha View Post
Okay, might just be me that blind, but is there still no option for no-lib?
In "Manage Games", "World of Warcraft", "External Preference" => "Alternate".

This works *except* it reinstalls all externals for each main addon that is installed/updated, e.g. if you update 5 addons that depends on Ace3, Ace3 gets reinstalled 5 times. That is really overkill IMHO...

(And that damn right-click menu still hides as soon as it appears on Ubuntu 8.10 + Wine 1.0.1 using the metacity WM. Anyone else having this issue ?)

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.
Old 02-04-2009   #1049
Kerecha
Legendary Member

Ah, i was looking under "Configuration"...

All "second level" dropdowns are "gidden" for me untill i acruallu move the muse over where they should be, then they show up (Win XP Pro).

Probably got caught in wrong kit as usual.
*Anonymity is an eternal Bliss, By name our soul forever bound*
*Normal is Boring*

Old 02-04-2009   #1050
graywolfe

2.1.1.13 RC1 was working fine for a while.

I now have a repeatable crash when 'Scanning local directories' during startup.

[edit]
Cleared itself in the end, most odd.

Last edited by graywolfe; 02-04-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
curse client, updaters