Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 08-25-2008   #1
sylvanaar
Legendary Member

Default Prat 3.0 Chat Mod Framework

some screenies until I can update this http://www.wowace.com/projects/prat-3-0/images/

This is a port of Prat-2.0 to the Ace3 framework. Prat-2.0 has been left as-is, and will most likely break upon release of 3.0.

For an options menu type /prat, and you will get a GUI configuration screen. It is also available via the interface/options menu. Note that chatframe options have the same label as the chatframe they correspond to. (Thanks to HunterZ for this suggestion) Also, chatframes which are not visible will have no options.

From the Prat-3.0_HighCPUUsageModules pullout, you get, chatframes which indent the text separate from the timestamps

And "mouseover hilight" of chat text. Mouse over a playerlink and all other chat is faded out.

<pic>

And if the text has already been faded out completely, it will be shown while you hover over the player link, and re-hidden afterwards.

<pic>

7) You control the load behavior of modules via the module control screen. You have 3 choices "Dont load", "Disabled", and "Enabled"

<pic>

If you choose "dont load", the module will not use any memory.

<pic>

If you choose "disabled", the module will not operate, but will be available to you to enable without having to reload the UI, some modules will use fewer resources when disabled.

<pic>

If you choose "enabled", the the module will be fully active.

<pic>

This illustrates the approximate memory use of prat's core. This number will contain the memory used by the saved variables as well, so it will grow over time. You can test it yourself on a fresh install or after deleting the saved variables. It should be around 110k right now.

<pic>

To get the memory use number to appear, you will need to also grab the pullouts\Prat-3.0_Debug folder, and place it in your addons directory. I suggest that you go ahead and grab both.

Last edited by sylvanaar; 03-21-2009 at 03:31 PM. Reason: change title - cant rename thread
sylvanaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #2
dragonis

Default Re: Prat 3.0 Chat Mod Framework (Alpha Version Thread)

yes i am in a guild the guild name is beta brigade and we have 500+ members.
dragonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #3
dragonis

just got this error with the new pullout.

[2008/08/26 11:07:43-16-x1]: Usage: NewModule(name, [prototype, [lib, lib, lib, ...]): 'name' - Module 'Experimental' already exists.:
<in C code>: in function `error'
AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:185: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:181>
(tail call): ?:
Prat-3.0_HighCPUUsageModules\Experimental.lua:9: in main chunk
dragonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #4
sylvanaar
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonis
yes i am in a guild the guild name is beta brigade and we have 500+ members.

There should be a fix for >500 guilds, it will do random who's to try and fill in guild info. My beta guild has >500 members. So, I know it works there.

See this image, notice "Ferrante" is first grey because he cant be found in the guild list because there are >500 members, but by the next time he says something his info has been obtained. Its not 100% foolproof, but it does work. All the images above are from a guild with >500 members.

Old 08-26-2008   #5
sylvanaar
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonis
just got this error with the new pullout.

[2008/08/26 11:07:43-16-x1]: Usage: NewModule(name, [prototype, [lib, lib, lib, ...]): 'name' - Module 'Experimental' already exists.:
<in C code>: in function `error'
AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:185: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:181>
(tail call): ?:
Prat-3.0_HighCPUUsageModules\Experimental.lua:9: in main chunk
Delete the pullout you have, and get the one from the prat folder. You probably have an earlier copy before i moved things around. If you have the right one, there is no experimental module in it anymore.

As a side note - these pullouts should not need updating (once you have the right ones). You can update the core addon without updating the pullouts.
Old 08-26-2008   #6
sylvanaar
Legendary Member

Channel nicknames, now get applied first. So the following is possible:

ugh note to self "[t r] is not a good channel name for use with bbcode.

Code:
[01:54:07] Prat 3.0 Alpha Version (80960) 
[01:54:07] Prat: Module Count: 31 total 31 loaded, 17 enabled 
[01:54:07] Prat: Memory Use: 679 KB 
[01:55:04] [1] [70:Sylvaan]: .
[01:55:21] [GEN] [70:Sylvaan]: .
[01:55:23] [trD] [Cpunt]: I need to pick up Engineering, but I don't want to level it to 300
[01:55:26] [GEN] [Tamu]: .
After the first message in channel 1, general, I addded a nickname for general "GEN". The TR funkyness is due to the forum markup, in-game it was displayed TRD
Old 08-26-2008   #7
Gabriel

Any thoughts to wim compatibilty, it is broken with prat 3.0 in live.

Great job as usual.
Thanks for all your hard work and sharing it with the community.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #8
HunterZ
Legendary Member

Good to see it's been pushed to trunk for more testing. My laptop broke on Friday so I won't be messing with addons much for 1-2 weeks
I WANT those new developers here that don't have a clue. Hell I want the users that don't have a clue here too. Because I firmly believe that the only way we'll be able to improve the overall community is through acceptance and teaching. The only people I DONT want here are those who are so hardheaded they refuse to see another point of view or at the very least respect it.
HunterZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #9
sylvanaar
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytrix
Any thoughts to wim compatibilty, it is broken with prat 3.0 in live.

Great job as usual.
Thanks for all your hard work and sharing it with the community.
I have a working relationship with Pazza, so WIM compatibility will be forthcoming.
Old 08-27-2008   #10
sylvanaar
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterZ
Good to see it's been pushed to trunk for more testing. My laptop broke on Friday so I won't be messing with addons much for 1-2 weeks
Sorry to hear, thanks for your help testing so far!