Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Raid AddOns
Raid AddOns BigWigs, LittleWigs, oRA2, Omen, etc..

Old 09-02-2008   #1
jokeyrhyme

Send a message via ICQ to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Yahoo to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Skype™ to jokeyrhyme
Default SavedInstances

This add-on is supposed to help players who raid on multiple characters. The tooltip contains all of the instances that any of your characters are saved to. The add-on has to have been used on a character before any of their information will be available.

EDIT: This addon is now called SavedInstances. I'll be supporting both FuBar and LDB in the near future, and I think the new name is more obvious and hopefully easier to find.

EDIT: You can help with localization here.

Last edited by jokeyrhyme; 04-08-2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: lots of changes
jokeyrhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #2
jokeyrhyme

Send a message via ICQ to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Yahoo to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Skype™ to jokeyrhyme
Default Re: FuBar_RaidSaveFu

How embarrassing: some weird embedding issue is stopping LibFuBarPlugin-3.0 from being found. Why didn't this pop up before I posted? LOL

EDIT: Turns out the file references in embeds.xml have to use back-slashes instead of forward-slashes. r81254 should be good to go.
Old 09-02-2008   #3
jokeyrhyme

Okay, so the add-on was completely broken for most of today, but it's totally fixed now! r81268 is performing as advertised!

I've sorted out my testing routine now, so the chances of this happening again are vastly reduced. And for the conceivable future, all changes will be totally aesthetic, so the guts of the add-on will remain unchanged. Please, try it out! Go go!

EDIT: By the way, since this last fix, the add-on is completely automated. Clicking on the FuBar frame actually does nothing, because it's all Blizzard-event driven. Easy to use and invaluable for active altoholics.
Old 09-02-2008   #4
HunterZ
Legendary Member

Any chance of a Broker version?
I WANT those new developers here that don't have a clue. Hell I want the users that don't have a clue here too. Because I firmly believe that the only way we'll be able to improve the overall community is through acceptance and teaching. The only people I DONT want here are those who are so hardheaded they refuse to see another point of view or at the very least respect it.
HunterZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #5
jokeyrhyme

Hmmmm, I don't personally use Broker. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a single add-on that detects the presence of FuBar and Broker before setting up it's presentation on one or both. Hmmmmm. I'll have to think about it and investigate, although I have a feeling it would be easier in many ways to just make a whole new add-on and copy-paste the internals. Or maybe even make a library and two other add-ons that use it.

Now look what you've done, I've gone and got all carried away!

Even though it wouldn't be too difficult, there'd be quite a bit of work involved, so in the meantime, does FuBar2Broker satisfy your needs?
Old 09-03-2008   #6
jjacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeyrhyme
Even though it wouldn't be too difficult, there'd be quite a bit of work involved, so in the meantime, does FuBar2Broker satisfy your needs?
For "some" reason, FuBar2Broker doesnt work very well for RaidSaveFu or maybe i am just a noob and cant make it work...

I am using Fortress and no broker block for RaidSaveFu is created
OTOH i can still see RaidSaveFu around the minimap.
jjacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #7
Starinnia

If he's using the 3.0 FuBar Plugin the Fubar2Broker won't render a LBD object. F2B only works for FuBarPlugin-2.0 objects, iirc.
Old 09-03-2008   #8
HunterZ
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starinnia
F2B only works for FuBarPlugin-2.0 objects, iirc.
This is my understanding as well.

On the other hand, making it Broker-only might work because there's Broker2FuBar
I WANT those new developers here that don't have a clue. Hell I want the users that don't have a clue here too. Because I firmly believe that the only way we'll be able to improve the overall community is through acceptance and teaching. The only people I DONT want here are those who are so hardheaded they refuse to see another point of view or at the very least respect it.
HunterZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #9
Tristanian

Interesting addon, I may have a crack @ a Broker version, time permitting and assuming I have jokey's permission.
Tristanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #10
jokeyrhyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starinnia
If he's using the 3.0 FuBar Plugin the Fubar2Broker won't render a LBD object. F2B only works for FuBarPlugin-2.0 objects, iirc.
Yeah, sorry. I'm one of those freaks who simply must use the latest stuff. You should have seen my tantrums when I realised how much harder an Ace3 + FuBar3 add-on was going to be (I'm not as clever as the Omen2 people).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristanian
Interesting addon, I may have a crack @ a Broker version, time permitting and assuming I have jokey's permission.
You certainly do (have my blessing). I updated the licence in the .toc file to BSD a few days ago. Go nuts. I really do like the idea of making a library and then just having a Broker front-end and a FuBar front-end. But in the meantime, do whatever you like. If you fix anything in the code, PM me or post here or something so all of us can benefit (even though the license certainly doesn't bind into doing so).

In particular, I'm having trouble with the "You are now saved to this instance" detection. I've registered for the CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM event, and I'm checking it's arg to see if it is INSTANCE_SAVED (as per the GlobalStrings) but last night in Hyjal I still had to open up the raid window to force it to update. This is the one part of it's core behaviour that is missing, and I'd love to fix it but I'm not sure what else I can try. Any ideas?