Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Raid AddOns
Raid AddOns BigWigs, LittleWigs, oRA2, Omen, etc..

Old 12-31-2009   #111
OrionShock
Legendary Member

Default Re: SavedInstances

Considering you can only do one instance per toon that gets you your frost badges. Link in for the LFG event you mentioned, then test the rewards for the frost badge. If it's there then flag the toon an attach the GetQuestResetTime() on to it. In SOCD I setup a simple check.

local resetTime = time()+GetQuestResetTime()
if time() > resetTime then
--Clear Data
end

It has a 1 or 2 second real offset, but it's not that bad considering that most players are not awake when dailies reset.

"I was there in the beginning... and things were very different back then" --An Echo from a time before.
OrionShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010   #112
jokeyrhyme

Send a message via ICQ to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Yahoo to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Skype™ to jokeyrhyme

Thanks heaps for that, OrionShock.

I'm currently gonna test the contents of the Dungeon Finder window, since the text changes once you've done a daily random. This should mean I have a future-proof way of detecting the daily since I don't need to hard code in specific rewards or numbers of rewards.

That GetQuestResetTime() is genius though. Trying to work it in now.
Old 01-01-2010   #113
OrionShock
Legendary Member

262 --WotLK Random Heroic ID
261 --WotLK Random Non-Heroic ID
260 --BC Random Heroic

doneToday, moneyBase, moneyVar, experienceBase, experienceVar, numRewards = GetLFGDungeonRewards(dungeonID);

name, texturePath, quantity = GetLFGDungeonRewardInfo(dungeonID, rewardIndex);

Sadly i couldn't find a easy way to extract an item id for the rewards. however this did work

tooltip:SetLFGDungeonReward(id, index)
tooltip:GetItem()

returned values as one would expect.

"I was there in the beginning... and things were very different back then" --An Echo from a time before.

Last edited by OrionShock; 01-01-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-02-2010   #114
zaphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionShock View Post
262 --WotLK Random Heroic ID
261 --WotLK Random Non-Heroic ID
260 --BC Random Heroic

doneToday, moneyBase, moneyVar, experienceBase, experienceVar, numRewards = GetLFGDungeonRewards(dungeonID);

name, texturePath, quantity = GetLFGDungeonRewardInfo(dungeonID, rewardIndex);

Sadly i couldn't find a easy way to extract an item id for the rewards. however this did work

tooltip:SetLFGDungeonReward(id, index)
tooltip:GetItem()

returned values as one would expect.
From what I saw as well, you should be able to get the right dungeonID by calling GetRandomDungeonBestChoice() which should return the highest one the current character is capable of. But of course than you'll start storing this information for every character, so maybe limit it to 80's.
zaphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010   #115
OrionShock
Legendary Member

considering that the SavedInstances works mostly with instances that have RaidID's, and only 3 classes of instances available that work with the LFD tool are available. So really only those 3 are important, as the LFD tool dosn't work the same way with raids.

Old 01-02-2010   #116
jokeyrhyme

Send a message via ICQ to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Yahoo to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Skype™ to jokeyrhyme

I was using those calls you mentioned (OrionShock) for a while, and then it hit me: why not just save the quest time remaining after the first random daily completion? I've stopped checking altogether to see if it's actually been done according to Blizzard. I literally wait for the LFG_COMPLETION_REWARD event, and check to see if we have the Luck of the Draw buff, that's all. I'm testing it now.
Old 01-04-2010   #117
zaphon

Had a weird thing happen yesterday, got Azjol-Nerub as my daily random heroic, but when I was looking at it under SavedInstances it showed up under the Classic category versus under Wrath of the Lich King (not sure if it didn't match or what, but it even shows an Expansion of 0 in my SavedVariables file).
Old 01-04-2010   #118
jokeyrhyme

Yeah, it's a glitch. I don't know why, but the database of instances in the Dungeon Finder sometimes uses different names when compared to the instance zones (used for the lockouts). Even when this isn't the case, sometimes certain instances just don't get paired up with their Dungeon Finder information.

Note that there isn't really a great way for me to tell which expansion introduces which instance. I could define a whole database for it, but since there isn't really such thing as a universal Dungeon ID, I'd have to localise it which is where it gets crazy. So for the time being, you may need to manually correct a few.

I'm trying to iron this out.
Old 01-04-2010   #119
zaphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeyrhyme View Post
Yeah, it's a glitch. I don't know why, but the database of instances in the Dungeon Finder sometimes uses different names when compared to the instance zones (used for the lockouts). Even when this isn't the case, sometimes certain instances just don't get paired up with their Dungeon Finder information.

Note that there isn't really a great way for me to tell which expansion introduces which instance. I could define a whole database for it, but since there isn't really such thing as a universal Dungeon ID, I'd have to localise it which is where it gets crazy. So for the time being, you may need to manually correct a few.

I'm trying to iron this out.
Yeah, but it's weird. I actually put some debugging code in there and I swear there's a match, but the two strfind's you do didn't get a match. It's really odd (maybe it was a case problem, I will have to look again), I will look a bit further.

I found the problem. In GetLFDID you call strfind twice in order to do a match for the name (and I was doing a direct compare and getting a match). The problem is that strfind does regular expression matching, and any name that has a regular expression operator will possibly trigger a non-match. I fixed it by adding in the optional fourth parameter which specify's PLAIN matching versus regular expressions. Now Azjol-Nerub shows up properly. It looks like this.

Code:
        if (strfind(details[1], name, 1, true) or strfind(name, details[1], 1, true))
                and (vars.db.Instances[name].Raid == (details[2] == 2)) then

Last edited by zaphon; 01-04-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-04-2010   #120
OrionShock
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeyrhyme View Post
but since there isn't really such thing as a universal Dungeon ID
Actually there is, just a pain to get to