Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Raid AddOns
Raid AddOns BigWigs, LittleWigs, oRA2, Omen, etc..

Old 10-01-2008   #21
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

Default Re: Omen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
So basically your saying is that we will not be able to see what the main tank's threat is unless we throw something at the boss. So for example I'm looking at Gurtogg, MT pulls and I'm still seeing nothing on Omen3. However if I throw up an Ice Lance at Gurtogg, I'll see what the MT's Threat is?
Correct.

Quote:
Also I understand the UserID's are client side, but is there a way to get the name of each of the users/pets in the raid? If that is the case, wouldn't that help to match who is NOT on the Threat meter and who is, and send the Threat information to the people who are not on the Threat meter?
The whole design idea of Omen3 is to avoid syncing, and also avoid parsing the combat log to be as minimal as possible.

If you looked at KTM's (wrath version) source code, it doesn't attempt to sync any data either. The framework for data syncing is still there, but its not actually used. Similarly, the framework for parsing the combat log is present, but its not being used either.
Old 10-01-2008   #22
Hinalover

ok. Because right now, the main issue is the first 10 or so seconds when the MT pulls. How is the rest of the mod coming along then?
Hinalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #23
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

Quote:
ok. Because right now, the main issue is the first 10 or so seconds when the MT pulls. How is the rest of the mod coming along then?
Right now, I am hoping that Blizzard lets us get threat values of mobs anyone in the party/raid is in combat with (within visible range), rather than only mobs you are in combat with.
Old 10-01-2008   #24
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

If you have git installed, you may now pull a copy of Omen3 down to your computer from
git://git.wowace.com/wow/omen/wrath.git

Edit: You can now also download alpha packages from:
http://www.wowace.com/projects/omen-threat-meter/repositories/wrath/files/

Note: An existing bug with the packager is including CBH and Libstub in the nolib zips because apparently the packager treats externals that point at tags differently.

Last edited by Xinhuan; 10-05-2008 at 04:44 AM.
Xinhuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #25
Hinalover

You were not kidding in that it was a bare-bones version. I didn't have any problems with it while soloing. The threat came in at a reasonable time frame so that should not be an issue. While soloing Dr. Boom threat was displayed in an easy to read format and gave exact numbers. I need to test this in a group setting so I would have to hold judgment until then but so far a good start.
Old 10-02-2008   #26
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

Added a sizable amount of options to Omen3 today. "/omen config" to see them. Might do some right-click menu stuff, sharedmedia and sink stuff tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2008   #27
jokeyrhyme

Send a message via ICQ to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Yahoo to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Skype™ to jokeyrhyme

Quote:
... while soloing ...
Did you have a pet tanking? Or were you really really "solo"? (Worth checking out either circumstance.)

I'm curious about whether or not Blizzard are giving us pet threat. I doubt many hunters will be pulling from their tank pets, but this is something I've always had to watch carefully as a warlock.
jokeyrhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #28
dafire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeyrhyme View Post
Did you have a pet tanking? Or were you really really "solo"? (Worth checking out either circumstance.)

I'm curious about whether or not Blizzard are giving us pet threat. I doubt many hunters will be pulling from their tank pets, but this is something I've always had to watch carefully as a warlock.
i tried the internal threat api with my felpuppy without any problems.
dafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #29
Hinalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeyrhyme View Post

I was just doing it without any pets (though I could respec Frost and pull out my Water elemental and try it out with that)

edit:

Ok I just respeced and tested with my water elemental on Dr. Boom on the Beta (Boom was at 150k health when I did this so I killed him while doing this test). I initially pulled out my WE on Dr. Boom first and allowed him to attack Boom while I dealt with a bug pat that showed up. After killing the pat, I went on and; as expected; saw that my WE was not showing up on Omen since I hadn't tagged Boom yet. Once I did start attack, Omen DID show my WE's threat as well as mine. I eventually did surpase my WE's threat and shortly after that my WE went away. After a little bit I pulled out my WE again and had it continue attacking. Omen was able to pick up my WE after he started attacking so it does go both ways.

Last edited by Hinalover; 10-03-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-04-2008   #30
yoshimo

i was asking myself if omenn could now do what we had to do by hand earlier: find out all aggroresets and reducing effects of abilities and bosss in a threat-profilingfunction?
or is this sth a standalone addon should do?
yoshimo is offline   Reply With Quote