Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Data Broker AddOns
Data Broker AddOns Addon threads for displays and plugins using LibDataBroker.

Old 11-12-2008   #1
Azethoth
Amazing Member

Default Broker Currency

http://www.wowace.com/projects/broker-currency/

I did this to allow tracking of the new currency stuff and because I always missed knowing how many badges my various characters had on them. It also let me play with Ace3Config.

It is 100% localized by using Blizzard locale strings and by using the money icons instead of g, s, c etc. The only localization needed is the Notes field in the toc file.

The various currencies have separate settings for the onscreen display and the mouseover display. You can disable copper and silver display or even gold display so you can use it to only track tokens.

I have since discovered some similar brokers. An actual proposed Broker Currency, no idea what it is about though, its zip file in the post was corrupted. There is also a Broker Wallet.

Last edited by Azethoth; 11-12-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Azethoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008   #2
StormFX
Amazing Member

Default Re: Broker Currency

Pretty cool. And very simply config. :P Are you going to do anymore with it or? I can think of some suggestions.

Last edited by StormFX; 11-13-2008 at 04:38 AM.
StormFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008   #3
Azethoth
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormFX View Post
Pretty cool. And very simply config. :P Are you going to do anymore with it or? I can think of some suggestions.
Yes, I am adding the moneyfu stuff that tracks session, today, yesterday and last week money totals with permission from ckknight. I may extend that to track token history if anyone thinks that is worthwile.

I wonder if that needs to be displayed for personal and account wide. Right now its session - personal and today, yesterday and last week - account wide.

What suggestions do you have?
Old 11-15-2008   #4
StormFX
Amazing Member

Alright, here goes:

- Tweak the vertical alignment (if possible) so the icon and text are more centered on the display add-on. For example, when showing just the money and the three coin icons, the text is "lower" than the icons.
- Shrink the icons down a little (look at FuBar_MoneyFu's scaling).
- For what to display, have separate options for both the tool tip and display add-on. For example, I want to display only the money on the display mod, but I want the tool tip to display some of the other stuff, as well as per-character money, etc.

I'll play with a bit more and see what I else I can come up with. If you need a hand with the icons, etc, let me know.
Old 11-17-2008   #5
Azethoth
Amazing Member

Quote:
Alright, here goes:

- Tweak the vertical alignment (if possible)...
- Shrink the icons down a little (look at FuBar_MoneyFu's scaling).
- For what to display, have separate options for both the tool tip and display add-on. For example, I want to display only the money on the display mod, but I want the tool tip to display some of the other stuff, as well as per-character money, etc.

I'll play with a bit more and see what I else I can come up with. If you need a hand with the icons, etc, let me know.
-Mmm, in Fortress the v align seems fine. (centered vertically)
-For me the icons are smaller than the fubar ones. I may need to provide a setting for them so people can adjust them for their ui scale or whatever
-There already is separate options for the display and the tooltip...?

I checked in a new beta version that displays yesterday, this week etc. The code is from moneyfu with ckknight's permission.

At this point its mostly a superset of moneyfu except that session money tracking is for the player and the rest of the historical stuff is realm wide. I will probably upgrade that to be able to do current player in addition.

Last edited by Azethoth; 11-17-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 11-17-2008   #6
StormFX
Amazing Member

Quote:
-There already is separate options for the display and the tooltip...?
Honestly, I have NO clue why I mentioned that. Must've been half asleep and thinking of something else. >.<

Quote:
-Mmm, in Fortress the v align seems fine. (centered vertically)

That's what I see.

Quote:
-For me the icons are smaller than the fubar ones. I may need to provide a setting for them so people can adjust them for their ui scale or whatever
I believe FuBar uses an icon size of 16px. I think yours are set at 20px, though I could be wrong.

I have a suggestion for the layout of the tip, too:

Code:
           Tokens
[Icon/Description]        ##
etc...

Money
Current:            ##.##.##
Today:              ##.##.##
Yesterday:          ##.##.##

Char 1:             ##.##.##
Char 2:             ##.##.##
Total:              ##.##.##
etc...
Basically, separate headers for the different types with the type icon/description on the left and amount on the right, aligned respective to their location.

And honestly, I don't see a reason to track anything but money across characters, since all of those items are BoP.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bc.jpg (17.9 KB, 1002 views)

Last edited by StormFX; 11-17-2008 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2008   #7
Shinwei

I'm having a vertical alignment issue in ButtonBin with this addon as well. All the other icons/text for other addons are well aligned, but the text for this currency addon is constantly floating almost fully above the icons.
Shinwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008   #8
Azethoth
Amazing Member

v3.00.02.04 beta adds sliders to adjust the icon sizes.

I think this should allow you to fix any valign issues as I can see problems myself when increasing the icons beyond the font height.

I also decreased the default down to 16. The 20 was just what looked good in my UI.

The current scheme allows adjustment for money and currency separately. This lets you display gold only + shrink the icon to nothing.

The display strings are like this:
"\124TInterface\\MoneyFrame\\UI-GoldIcon:32:32:2:0\124t"

in this case 32:32 are width and height. I am not sure what the next two paramaters are.

As for the layout, yes it is very ugly for the money at the moment. I will see about setting the right hand side to NumberFont_OutlineThick_Mono_Small or something, as a mono font + align right would take care of it.

StormFX: which broker are you using? It seems like it may be top aligning icons to the center of the text? If that is so then a slider adjustment will not fix this...?

Last edited by Azethoth; 11-18-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-18-2008   #9
Azethoth
Amazing Member

Quote:
And honestly, I don't see a reason to track anything but money across characters, since all of those items are BoP...
True, but for me the point is looking at some new S9 gear on one character and then not bothering to relog because I can see I lack the purchasing power.
Old 11-18-2008   #10
krevlorn

I am authoring Broker_Wallet and have been meaning to add it as a project here. It's already started on CurseForge, but more people help on this site. I am still working out the kinks but I deliberately left out money tracking as it didn't suit my purposes. For some, money tracking and currency tracking all in one mod is sure to be what they are looking for, so as far as I'm concerned, both these mods can co-exist.

As to account tracking, there is certainly a benefit I see there, and more power to you. It would take me a while to figure that out. :P
krevlorn is offline   Reply With Quote