Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 11-14-2008   #1
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Default Squire - lightweight mount helper

As I did not find any light-weight mount addon that fits my need without being big, I decided to write this light addon. Mounted is nice but does a gazillion things I do not need, SmartMount uses Rock which I dislike and Coconuts is just overbloated.

This is a minimalist macro updater. It only updates the macro on meaningful events (login, changing zone, learning new mounts, ...) and uses macro conditional to provide a responsive macro.

The list of mounts and their characteristics is updated from wowhead mount page using a variant of Nymbia's PeriodicTable dataminer. This way Squire has got a mount database without in-game tooltip parsing.

Edit: At this moment, there is no configuration option and I am wondering if I should add some, as it will raise the addon size. I eventually added some basic options using tekKonfig.

Links:
- WowAce homepage,
- Curse project,
- Bug reports.

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.

Last edited by Adirelle; 11-22-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Adirelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #2
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

Default Re: Squire - lightweight mount helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirelle View Post
The project is still waiting for approval.

As I did not find any light-weight mount addon that fits my need without being big, I decided to write this light addon. Mounted is nice but does a gazillion things I do not need, SmartMount uses Rock which I dislike and Coconuts is just overbloated.
Have you looked at GogoMount, Blazing Saddles, or Livestock? There's been more than just a number of mount summoning addons since patch 3.0.
Old 11-14-2008   #3
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinhuan View Post
Have you looked at GogoMount, Blazing Saddles, or Livestock? There's been more than just a number of mount summoning addons since patch 3.0.
GoGoMount: I do not care about auto-dismounting and per-zone preferred mounts.
Livestock: I do not want any bloated GUI.
BlazzingSaddle: /mount and /mountrandom macros that mimicks /cast and /castrandom ? I do not see the point.

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.
Old 11-14-2008   #4
Terak

ill take a look at this later today wanted something more lightweight than coconuts
Terak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #5
Terak

Tested out r3 wasnt working as expected see you fixed it in r4 works perfectly for me. would like to see a version for mini pets.
Terak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #6
Zidomo
Amazing Member

r5's TOC contains the following typo: \LibDataBorker-1.1.lua

(refrains from doing Swedish Chef)
Zidomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #7
EnSabahNur77

works nice but one suggestion, i am a Druid and it is possible to do it like Mounted and use Travelform when I move?
EnSabahNur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008   #8
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnSabahNur77 View Post
works nice but one suggestion, i am a Druid and it is possible to do it like Mounted and use Travelform when I move?
You mean when you are moving ?

Old 11-15-2008   #9
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

GetUnitSpeed("player") should tell you if you are moving or not (it returns a number in yards per second) correct to the 3D world (not the X-Y 2D plane)

You may need to play around with this function to see what it returns when on a moving transport such as zepellin, boat, tram and flightpath.
Old 11-15-2008   #10
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Hrm... this would mean adding a OnUpdate handler to check speed changes (and why not swimming and flying). ATM, I let the macro conditionals handle such dynamic behavior and I am not sure I want to handle this kind of things myself.