Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Raid AddOns
Raid AddOns BigWigs, LittleWigs, oRA2, Omen, etc..

Old 12-19-2008   #1
Celess

Post Raid Tracker offical thread

Pasted from the cursed site...

Keeps account of attendance and loot for raids, parties, battlegroups, arenas and now solo for questing.

Works with FuBar and CT Mod for easy access menus, and yes now has a minimap icon if no fubar installed. Provides export strings for DKP for several popular DKP posting formats. Supports loot filtering via loot options window /rt io, or on the fubar menu.

Chat commands:
to open: /rt
options: /rt o
item options: /rt io
help: /rt help

Curse
WoWWiki

Last edited by Celess; 12-20-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Celess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #2
dcwarlord

Default Re: Raid Tracker offical thread

Celess,

One of the issues we were having with CtRt was distance.
We were previously using this - http://www.mldkp.net/

What do I mean by this?
Example: 25 Man Naxx
When we kill a boss, only the ML stays behind while the rest of the raid continues to go to the next boss. Although Warcraft now allows you to assign loot to anyone inside the same instances (regardless of distance) CTRT was not tracking it properly. Basically lots was missed.

Although I can't confirm, I assume this is for distance reasons.

Does this updated and improved add on fix this?
Is there another reason that loot might not have been tracking properly?
dcwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #3
Celess

So long as you recieve, or whoever is logging the raid, recieves the Recieved Item messages in chat log then you will log recieve events. THere were alot of issue with how it was handled before. The distance issue is a problem for all apps as we can only scrape what we see in whatever ways we have available. I can look, but tell me what you find with RT as far as distance. Remember, if you see the recieved item messages then it should work, if the messages take a different form as ML when passing things out then i can adress hat, if you turn on debug you will see debug output showing what RT found from the event as it happens.

You can go to Teldrassil and test it as well with two people, and have them kill things and see how far they have to be. Should be about the same distance as when the game allows you to participate in rolls for loot. Its built into RT that teld is the instance and nightsaber stalkers are the bosses.

Last edited by Celess; 12-30-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-30-2008   #4
dcwarlord

Here are my thoughts on the mess that has become loot and attendance tracking.

Our guild uses a Time Based Point Assignment System. We take attendance each hour and assign points to each member who is present at the time of the attendance. The attendance times are static.

Example:
7:30 Attendance: All Members Receive 1 Point
8:30 Attendance: All Members Receive 1 Point
9:30 Attendance: All Members Receive 1 Point
10:30 Attendance: All Members Receive 1 Point

We currently use NRT to track raid attendance. However NRT doesn’t have a “Timer” Feature. So we must manually kick off attendances each hour. (This can be problematic while raiding)
We are looking for a timer feature similar to what this add on does: EK Attendance - EK Attendance offer some great features. Like attendance that is automated based on a timer! It can even take screenshots of the raid at these intervals.

However, I want to merge this feature with NRT. NRT is important for one reason….
We do not require “benched” raiders to stay in the active raid. This is counter-productive to the guild as they can’t quest while in a raid and farming rep/gold via quests is important to guild progression. NRT gives us the ability to spam raid chat with a custom message for each attendance. Members who drop raid can add themselves to the current attendance with a simple whisper. We just wish it could be automated via timer so our attendance taker (who is actively raiding) can focus on the raid and not be clock watching!

Now on to LOOT:
Loot tracking is messy in NRT. I have not had good experiences with the tracking and export of the data to an EQDKP Website using NRT. I am hoping Raid Tracker solves this problem for me. Basically we want very simple loot tracking. ITEM NAME + Name Of Looter (that’s it!) Boss name it comes from is nice, but not needed really… In the end, we want the loot tracking to be easily up loadable to an EQDKP website via parsing a string.

It would probably be a very tall order to ask you to add features found in other add ons to yours. If you did it however your add on would be VERY popular. For now I will test your add on for loot only and disable the attendance tracking. Our method of assigning points just doesn't play well with most add ons... Some days I wish I was a programmer so I could write my own add on... (SIGH)

Also, I use EQdkp-Plus 0.6.1.8 Stable - complete. I believe this uses the CTRT EQDKP website plugin.

Litany Of Fury Standings - Click here to View Our Site!

I hope this helps or inspires you to expand on an add on that looks good... This is a wall of text but if you want an offline beta tester hit me up. dcwarcraft at gmail dot com

Last edited by dcwarlord; 12-30-2008 at 03:06 AM. Reason: changed Link
Old 12-30-2008   #5
Celess

I have thoughts on the mess as well

Loot: the easy part...
As far as adding loot, with player, time, boss and item, for eqdkp goes, this should already be there in spades with three different eqdkp export formats to choose from. It generates a copy and paste string similar to the others. I don't think it would be fair to comment on other AddOns for dkp strings they produce and how well they work, except to say that the plugins used for servers are very very finiky and are tested in a very realatively limited way by the plugin authors. One thing thats a bit different, which was by design on the part of NRT, is that is has far less info to work with in producing the strings, the idea beign is has just enough to "get the job done" and, in theory, was closer to the actual percieved problem and use patterns in terms of functionality, as many of the ACE addons are, where as this is closer to a full logging and reporting tool or at least a differnt view on use patterns. The strings produced are very similar, however the heritage with RT is such that it is basically one to one with the original design for the CT import strings and has all of the data to do whatever. For any of us a few addon updates and the strings shouldnt be so messy or could be fixed. With RT you can turn off logging for most things to get the bare minimum as well.

Attendance:
As in tryign to make a tool that covers some good set of DKP systems, is not so easy... For RT it has a fairly flexible set of functionality for handling attendance, attendees and who counts and who doesn't across everyting from Solo/Party, to PvP, to Raids. Personally ive never liked making people sit outside the instance, in the raid, or in any other way having to wait, and not get to play the game just to have a chance to be actively in a raid. Iv'e never bene a fan of militant type things as far as playign the game, but each guild is differnt with a different culture for different kinds of peopel, and honestly some woudnt respond any other way. Just how people are. There is a way to add guildies in RT who aren't in the raid as well, currently only on boss kill and is a configurable item. It pretends as though they were part of the raid without having to be in the raid and is configuable to select from a set of guild ranks as a filter. Ive considered having guildies that meet criteria of soem kind jsut join and leave the raid as an option as though they were in the raid itself as they log on and off, which woudl be a hop skip and a jump code wise from what is in the code now in RT, since alot was done on the back end infrastructure wise as far as handling attendance. If you have the join and leave times of the riad memebers, thenits a reportign issue at that point if you have the data already, if they were ther every hour, or on a boss kill or loot event. Honestly is far less data DB wise to record that, if you want to preserve the data over time, than it is to take attendance snapshots, as is the basis for the other addons in general. Far far less. Leaves and joins are jsut less frequent than compounded attendance snapshots as far as how peopel play the game. You could alternatively record who's in a channel, in addition to or instead of guildies, which woudl allow for peoeple signed up to the same Group Calandar channel, or any channel. Using the GC channel could jsut read the string out of GC or Guild Info tab for your guild for configureless attendance, completely, even for your use case, even for alliances, withouthaving to resort to addon channel talk and everyoen having the same plugin. The problem with any of these, except for NRT whisper system, is that of Alts and who is who if you want your guildies to be perfectly free. You coudl train a set of hisrory over time as to who is whos alt, but that more work. But... msot guilds require you to wait on a char ready, i think its possible to find a away to minimize the work for the join leave way and simply calulate if they were there or not. They coudl get whispers to ask who they are instead, which woudl have same effect as if they had to pay attention to guild messages if they were afking, which i might add anyway as notify sytem haivng nothign to do with attendance.

I'm sure calculating the set times wouldn't be that hard after the fact, if a system was already in place to export the attendance for "on loot" or "on event" already for DKP export.

Tell me what you think, let me know. Let the madness end

Last edited by Celess; 12-30-2008 at 06:55 AM. Reason: adding two words...
Old 01-01-2009   #6
dcwarlord

Is there a way to steal the code from other add ons? LOL.
Much of the dirty work is done in NRT (which allows for whispers of players not in raid) and EKAttendance has built in timer. If you merged the timer for attendance snapshots with the whisper feature of NRT you would really have a kick ass add on!! It would have tons of flexibility for different DKP Systems (Time Based, Boss Kill, Loot etc) for attendance and a solid Loot capture.

Anyway, I will do my testing of distance etc tomorrow.
My guild is running a 25 man Naxx Clear Friday and I will use this as my loot tracker.
I also created a new chat bax that only tracks loot. Thsi way I can see all distribution in a simple window. Maybe that will help the catch process?

It just bums me out to have to use NRT for Attendance and Raid Tracker for Loot.
I would love to see an all in one add on sometime down the line...

Last edited by dcwarlord; 01-01-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2009   #7
Celess

If I use the scheme i suggested, then i woudlnt need a timer Becomes a report time thing and i really dont have to change much to get it
Old 01-05-2009   #8
Silentbob78

Just installed this today and going to try it out on our raid on wednesdays.

I have a little request though. I´m using Titan and Fubar2Broker however can´t get it to show in Titan. Is it possible to get a Broker plugin? Would really like to keep my minimap button free
Silentbob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #9
Celess

Titan/LDB added in 2.2.8
Old 01-12-2009   #10
dcwarlord

We have been using RT for loot capture and it is working very well for uploads into EQDKP Websites. The only drawback is that the ML must be using this add on. If he doesn't, distance issues prevent RT from capturing the loot. This happens even if the player running RT is standing next to the Master Looter.

This only sucks since all potential ML's must run this during raids.