Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 12-26-2008   #1
Torhal

Send a message via ICQ to Torhal
Default Revelation

Revelation is an AddOn which facilitates quick Tradeskill execution by displaying a menu of the tradeskills which can be performed with the materials on hand via ALT-clicking on a piece of equipment or a crafting reagent.

Links:
Screenshot
Project Page (for bug reports)
Curse Download
WoWInterface Download

Feature requests may be posted either here or the projects page.

Author/Maintainer of Archy, Ackis Recipe List, Revelation, Spamalyzer, Volumizer, and many other AddOns.
Torhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #2
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Default Re: Revelation

I am at work, so I can't test right now, but does it show everything you could make with the given item, or only things you could make with what you have plus vendor purchasable items, or only things you can make with what you have right now? Personally I'd prefer either the second or third option, with some visual indication of which was which.
Phanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #3
Torhal

It only shows you things you can make with what you have on-hand. So if you click on a Vial and have no herbs or not enough of the herbs you need, you'll see "Either no recipe or no reagents were found."

Author/Maintainer of Archy, Ackis Recipe List, Revelation, Spamalyzer, Volumizer, and many other AddOns.
Old 12-26-2008   #4
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Well, I was thinking the other way around... if I have the herbs but no vials, I'd like it to just pretend I have the vials, since I can go buy the appropriate quantity whenever.
Old 12-27-2008   #5
Torhal

I'd have to generate a "missing items" list for every possible permutation, which wouldn't be a bad thing. In the current state, though, it doesn't do this.

Old 12-27-2008   #6
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Couldn't you just generate a list of vendor-purchasable items, and pretend that I always have 1000 of each of them?
Old 12-27-2008   #7
Torhal

Indeed, and that's what I would do for purchasable items. I was talking about other missing items, like: You need four Illusion Dust to do anything meaningful but currently only have three. Meh, I don't know that that's something that I'd ever do though.

I will start a list of vendor items, though, like parchments and such. Something may already exist in LibPeriodicTable...

Old 12-27-2008   #8
twobits

I need to update a list of vendor purchasable trade mats in an addon I am now maintain. Maybe we can figure out a way to mine it from the armory, and or otherwise share the work?
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #9
Torhal

Ok: I did some poking around, and found that LibPeriodicTable will do exactly what I need. All I really need to do is change my code to use the item ID (rather than name...which I honestly should have been doing to begin with), embed LibPeriodicTable, and include a variation of this bit of code where relevant:

Code:
        if PT:ItemInSet(itemID,"Tradeskill.Mat.BySource.Vendor") then
            return true
        end

Old 12-27-2008   #10
amoeba

This is a very useful AddOn -- thanks for making it.

While this is useful for a number of professions, I don't think it's so useful for Jewelcrafters. Jewelcrafters often have way too many Designs to scan through. I'm not a JC myself but the basic path my friend takes in choosing which jewels to make is asking himself what will sell the best on the AH at the given moment.

What would make this a great AddOn for Jewelcrafters would be to integrate the 'What can I make with this item?' list with Auctioneer or other AH data to sort the list by value-on-the-AH. This could be helpful for players with other professions as well.

I'd be willing to lend a hand once I'm off vacation if needed.
amoeba is offline   Reply With Quote