Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 01-15-2009   #1
taleden

Default Auracle - Official Thread

Auracle provides compact, customizable filtering and monitoring of buffs and debuffs.

It can have any number of windows, each with any number of trackers, and each tracker can activate for any number of (de)buffs that you deem "equivalent."

For example, a Feral Druid needs to know at a glance if Trauma, Mangle-Bear or Mangle-Cat are applied to the target, but doesn't care which one or who applied it; however, he also needs to know if his own Rip is applied, as opposed to someone else's. Auracle makes this kind of information easy to see at a glance, by providing one "tracker" for each group of auras that the user considers equivalent.

Project Page: http://www.wowace.com/projects/auracle
Download from Curse: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s/auracle.aspx

Last edited by taleden; 11-01-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: 1.2.2
taleden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #2
ailae

Default Re: AuraHUD

Gives me two errors when logging in:

Code:
Interface\AddOns\AuraHUD\AuraHUD.lua:308: Usage: AceDB:New(tbl, defaults, defaultProfile): 'tbl' - table expected.
Count: 1

Call Stack:
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function `error'
...nterface\AddOns\AuraHUD\libs\AceDB-3.0\AceDB-3.0.lua:609: in function `New'
Interface\AddOns\AuraHUD\AuraHUD.lua:308: in function <Interface\AddOns\AuraHUD\AuraHUD.lua:297>
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
...ns\ActionBarSaver\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:340: in function `InitializeAddon'
...ns\ActionBarSaver\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:428: in function <...ns\ActionBarSaver\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:421>
Code:
Interface\AddOns\AuraHUD\AuraHUD.lua:335: attempt to index field 'db' (a nil value)
Count: 1

Call Stack:
Interface\AddOns\AuraHUD\AuraHUD.lua:335: in function <Interface\AddOns\AuraHUD\AuraHUD.lua:327>
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
...ns\ActionBarSaver\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:365: in function `EnableAddon'
...ns\ActionBarSaver\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:435: in function <...ns\ActionBarSaver\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:421>
[C]: in function `LoadAddOn'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:991: in function `UIParentLoadAddOn'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:241: in function `CombatLog_LoadUI'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:389: in function `UIParent_OnEvent'
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

Last edited by ailae; 01-15-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Was wrong about solving it. :)
ailae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #3
Oakayam

Yay
Finally
Oakayam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #4
Elsia
Legendary Member

Interesting. Chance for screenshot?
Elsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #5
taleden

ailae: odd, I'll poke around a bit when I get home. It looks like "ActionBarSaver" is loading first, and AuraHUD is picking up its embedded Ace libraries. Is it possible ActionBarSaver embedded a buggy alpha version of AceDB? You could try disabling that addon, or asking its author what revision of AceDB he embedded. AuraHUD embeds the latest "beta" tag of Ace3, but there have been alpha revisions since then.

elsia: screenshots and better documentation/how-to are planned, hopefully in the next few days.
edit: screenshots are now available on the project page

Last edited by taleden; 01-17-2009 at 01:07 AM. Reason: screenshots posted
Old 01-15-2009   #6
ailae

Tried logging in with only AuraHUD (and BaudErrorFrame, which doesn't use any libs) enabled and I'm still getting the same errors.
Old 01-15-2009   #7
taleden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailae View Post
Tried logging in with only AuraHUD (and BaudErrorFrame, which doesn't use any libs) enabled and I'm still getting the same errors.
Oh, I think I see the problem. I'll post a fix when I get home in a few hours.
Old 01-15-2009   #8
taleden

Should be fixed now, try alpha 0.1.4.
Old 01-15-2009   #9
ailae

Loads without errors now.

I can't seem to get it work though, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. Was trying it on my paladin and I added a new tracker to the window. I wanted it to check that I have a Judgement up on the mob so I added both 'Judgement of Light' and 'Judgement of Wisdom' to the textbox (on separate lines) but it's not picking anything up. I've checked that the dropdown is set to debuffs and doublechecked the aura-names.

I even tried adding a new tracker to check for buffs cast by myself, namely 'Judgement of the Pure' but that isn't registering either. It's a selfbuff only though, not sure if that affects it.

Did I misunderstand how it works?
Old 01-15-2009   #10
mackfate

I'm trying it out now for Mangle - Cat, Mangle - Bear, and Trauma and it doesn't seem to show anything in the box unless you click off your target and then click back on.
mackfate is offline   Reply With Quote