Go Back   WowAce Forums > Addon Chat > Addon Ideas
Addon Ideas Present your ideas for new addons.

Old 01-29-2009   #1
cosa

Default DelBar - PanicBar

First to start from the beginning - I used AutoBar and some action bars for this but first not working exact what I need and 2nd solution is using Enterprise to do job of a motorcycle.

I'm using pretty customized interface. But from some moment I gave up on using custom action bars and just went back to default with just removing graphics.

Also on Keyboards you have Delete, End, pg down, pg up, home and ins button which are made very good for fast emergency (panic!) buttons. Easy accessible - yes I know it's easy to rebind part of your other ui to it but I find it would be awesome if someone can do next thing:

Name: DelBar or PanicBar
Adds 6 actions (divided into 3x2 horizontal) action bar easily movable (with lock option) binded to Delete, End, pg down, pg up, home and ins (with warning - please rebind your camera buttons in keybindings)
Look - normal
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]

Playing as tank - it would work great:
Shield Wall
Last stand
Regeneration
PotA (healing)
PotB (armor)
HS

I have it already rebinded on my normal keyboard but I find it dificult to track them all via Omni CC or other Cooldown addons, having one small bar in middle of screen like I do for trinkets (Trinket Menu) would be imba.

Anyone willing to give a try?
cosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #2
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

Default Re: DelBar - PanicBar

What bar addon are you using? It should be fairly easy to create two bars of 3 buttons each (in say Bartender4 or Bongos or whatever bar mod you use), and position them wherever you want.

I'm not exactly sure what you meant by:
Quote:
I'm using pretty customized interface. But from some moment I gave up on using custom action bars and just went back to default with just removing graphics.
Old 01-29-2009   #3
cosa

I use default with removed gryphon graphics

I had bad experience with full using complete acttion bar addons

So on top of default I used bartender to just make those 6 but it's an overkill, looking forward for simple solution - just small aditional bar for those using default action bars
cosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #4
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

On a side tangent, perhaps you can look at IPopBar, one of my addons.
Old 01-29-2009   #5
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

It's pretty unlikely that anyone will be interested in writing such an inflexible addon as you've described, with the 6 buttons in that hardcoded configuration. Either learn Lua and write it yourself, or just use any of the dozen or so existing action bar addons. I don't know what "bad experience" you had or with which addon, but many thousands of people have been using action bar addons for years just fine, myself included. Most regular (i.e. not AutoBar-type) action bar addons are not that much of a performance hit.
Phanx is offline   Reply With Quote