Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 02-02-2009   #1
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Default Inline Aura - display aura information inside action buttons

Hello there,

Inline Aura displays your buff and your target debuffs into your action buttons. It is heavily inspired by (and partly based on) Tuller's Dominos Buff module and OmniCC.

Project page - http://www.wowace.com/projects/inline-aura/
Screenshots - http://www.wowace.com/projects/inline-aura/images/

Related topic: http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=15730

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.

Last edited by Adirelle; 02-16-2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typo.
Adirelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #2
Nickenyfiken

Default Re: [alpha] Inline Aura - display aura information inside action buttons

This looks like a awesome mod! Have to try it.
Nickenyfiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #3
jexxlc

Default Re: [alpha] Inline Aura - display aura information inside action buttons

The highlighting does not work for Death Knights currently. Its the same problem that exists in OmniCC/Dominos_Buff unfortunately.

Plague Strike applies the Disease Blood Plague, and Icy Touch applies the Disease Frost Fever.

Because the debuff name is different than the spell's name, it seems to make it harder to track and therefor the spells on your bars don't get the redish highlight/outline, hopefully there is a way to make this addon work for Death Knight's 2 primary attacks!

Other than that, very nice addon so far.

Last edited by jexxlc; 02-02-2009 at 06:25 PM.
jexxlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #4
Adirelle
Legendary Member

jexxlc, I have plan for this. Hunters' trap debuffs are not named like the traps so I added a built-in alias system to handle them. I will add these two DK spells to it.

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.
Old 02-02-2009   #5
Minou

What rounding method are you using?
I'm using Macaroon which shows Dot's cooldowns on target but the seconds get 'rounded up too much' (don't know how to explain), so my dot's show a longer duration as they really have.
Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #6
jexxlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirelle View Post
jexxlc, I have plan for this. Hunters' trap debuffs are not named like the traps so I added a built-in alias system to handle them. I will add these two DK spells to it.
That is very good news, as I've mentioned this DK bug to Tuller many times which I don't think he plans on fixing.

Quick question, is this meant as a replacement for Dominos_Buff? I assume you wouldn't use this and Dominos_Buff at the same time because it appears InlineAura does everything and more than Dominos_Buff currently does (since I currently use Dominos_Buff).

However, it looks like this plays nicely with OmniCC (which I also use), and they both provide slightly different features on things they track countdowns for.

Sorry if that sounds confusing, I just don't want to double up on addons that basically do the exact same thing, because that would just be a waste of memory IMO.
Old 02-02-2009   #7
jexxlc

Just briefly tested out the new version with the DK fixes. Loving it so far, this is what I've been waiting for ever since I made my DK and since I've been a long time fan of Dominos and OmniCC!

Will get to test it more thoroughly in a raiding environment Tuesday to see if any bugs appear, but so far its working great and exactly what I've been looking for!
Old 02-02-2009   #8
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minou View Post
What rounding method are you using?
I'm using Macaroon which shows Dot's cooldowns on target but the seconds get 'rounded up too much' (don't know how to explain), so my dot's show a longer duration as they really have.
I am using the same rounding as Blizzard buffs/debuffs display : rounding to the next superior integer (math.ceil), e.g.
0.0 => 0,
]0.0, 1.0] => 1,
]1.0, 2.0] => 2,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexxlc View Post
Quick question, is this meant as a replacement for Dominos_Buff? I assume you wouldn't use this and Dominos_Buff at the same time because it appears InlineAura does everything and more than Dominos_Buff currently does (since I currently use Dominos_Buff).
Yes. I am using Dominos myself so I just disabled Dominos_Buff (using addon selection screen or ACP).

Old 02-02-2009   #9
gagou

any plan to make it work with macaroon?
gagou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #10
Adirelle
Legendary Member

That will likely never happen. Inline Aura only supports action bars using action IDs and based on standard action button templates.