Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 05-06-2009   #1
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Default CastYeller2 - official thread

This topic is aimed on discussion about CastYeller2.

Please report bugs here : http://www.wowace.com/projects/castyeller2/tickets/
Project page : http://www.wowace.com/projects/castyeller2/

Quote:
CastYeller2 allows the player to make chat announces in response to various game events.

For each announce, the player defines :

* the names of spells, items and/or auras to watch,
* the events to watch (triggers),
* where to send the announce (outputs),
* optionally: per event custom announce templates.

Events and outputs can be disabled globally.

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.
Adirelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #2
Laren

Default Re: CastYeller2 - official thread

Please allow me 4 suggestions/questions to this awesome addon

1. How can I include the name of the target of the spell into a custom announcement?
2. Could you add the possibility to announce to a custom chat channel?
3. Could you add the possibility to announce to multiple chat channels at once? For example it could be useful to announce spells like resurrection and guardian spirit to the custom healer channel of the guild and to /raid at the same time.
4. An option to disable announces when in certain zones (e.g. Wintergrasp) would be very useful.
Laren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009   #3
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laren View Post
Please allow me 4 suggestions/questions to this awesome addon

1. How can I include the name of the target of the spell into a custom announcement?
2. Could you add the possibility to announce to a custom chat channel?
3. Could you add the possibility to announce to multiple chat channels at once? For example it could be useful to announce spells like resurrection and guardian spirit to the custom healer channel of the guild and to /raid at the same time.
4. An option to disable announces when in certain zones (e.g. Wintergrasp) would be very useful.
Ok, so some of these things are coming, including some doc.

1. use $TARGET, e.g. "casting a whooping blah on $TARGET" (also works with $SPELL and $RAIDICONTEXTURE)
2. the generic output should allow that,
3. hrm... looks like I'm going to add a custom channel,
4. this is planned.

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.
Old 05-08-2009   #4
Zidomo
Amazing Member

A potentially terrific upgrade to CastYeller, Adirelle. Superb customization. But...a problem with that. It leans too far in the direction of customization at the expensive of usability.

As it is with r16, it requires a lot of time & work to set up spells you may want to be tracked. And you have to repeat it on each character that has different spells. And then you have to test what you've created to see if they work/are appropriate in a party or raid. Then make your raid wait a few minutes while you replace one spell tell with another .

So how about in the future some default messages for default events/spell casts for those that don't want to spend a lot of their limited time setting this up?
Zidomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #5
Adirelle
Legendary Member

I'm still tweaking the main features. Once they are stabilized, I'll add defaults for every classes.

Old 05-13-2009   #6
Axodious

I'm not sure if this is possible, I'm assuming it is...

Default feature for all classes to yell when you are USING the summoning stone provided by a warlock. So that people know who you're trying to summon.
Axodious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #7
Requital

I used the original CastYeller for a very long time until it quit working and had pretty much no trouble setting it up at all. This new CastYeller has all the funcitonality I'm looking for plus more but it does not seem to work at all. Obviously it's most likely something small I am doing but what I was wondering is if we can get an example of a properly setup announcement.

The one I have been trying to setup one for Hand of Freedom but I can not get it to annouce anything in Party, Say or Raid Warning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Requital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #8
Adirelle
Legendary Member

CastYeller is still beta and very roughly tested. So it may be something I did wrong too. How did you configured Hand of Freedom ?

Old 05-16-2009   #9
Requital

Instead of explaining them I will just give screenshots maybe this will help someone else as well.

Old 05-16-2009   #10
Requital

Now these are all the settings and nothing comes up in chat/raid/party/say/whisper or anything else. If you have a debug command I would be more then happy to do some testing for you.