Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Unit Frames > Grid & Grid2
Grid & Grid2 Discussions regarding Grid & Grid2 goes here.

Old 11-04-2009   #1
CagedTich

Default Grid2 Showing Raid Icons

Has there been any updates to Grid2 pluggins so that it will show raid target icons in raid frames (suchs as skull, X, square, etc)? I know that Grid has it build in with the latest Alpha of GridStatusRaidIcons. We've got two priests who use Grid2 and for Anub we need them to be able to see raid icons on the penetrating cold targets for their assignments. The current pluggin, Grid2StatusTargetIcon, does not handle showing raid icons in the frames.

Anything in the pipes for this, or should I just have them go back to using regular grid?
CagedTich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #2
Azethoth
Amazing Member

Default Re: Grid2 Showing Raid Icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CagedTich View Post
...Grid2 pluggins so that it will show raid target icons...
http://www.wowace.com/search/?search=grid2
Azethoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #3
CagedTich

Thanks Azethoth, but does that put the icons in the raid frames? Description just says it does it for target and player frame. I think I had our Grid2 users download that pluggin on Tuesday, but they still weren't seeing icons over raid members.
Old 11-05-2009   #4
Azethoth
Amazing Member

After you add it, you should have side-bottom-left and side-bottom-right indicators that are hooked up to target-icon-player and target-icon respectively. These are to the left and right of the side-bottom indicator by default.

At that point the left one should show icons on members of the raid, and the right one icons for the target of members of the raid. Of course, this only works in party or raid when you can in fact assign icons.

If you do not see icons after a target or player gets an icon, try resetting: options/Debugging/Reset. That will reset your saved variables & reload the ui for you. However it is an error for the plugin to not just automatically work after you add it.

I will update the description.
Old 11-05-2009   #5
CagedTich

Thanks, that should do it. Is it configurable so that we could turn off the target icons? We're using it specifically to assign a raid target icon to our healers in Anub phase 3. It could be confusing in some situations where there could be two different raid icons showing up on someone's grid.

Say a healer assigned to heal Circle gets Penetrating Cold on them self, which might mark them with a Moon. From what I understand, as soon as that healer targets Circle, that healer's raid frame would show both a moon (on the lower right) and a Circle (on the lower right). The moon would be the icon placed above them, while the circle is the icon they are currently targeting.

In this situation, having each icon show up twice around the raid might make it more difficulte/confusing to target the correct one when people are trying to react very fast.
Old 11-06-2009   #6
Azethoth
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CagedTich View Post
Thanks, that should do it. Is it configurable so that we could turn off the target icons?...
They are statuses like any other. By default they show up ready for use. You can unassign target-icon for healers. You can also make it much smaller than the player one, which is what I do.

Eventually after the layered and other options upgrades are done the defaulting for these would be to show target-icon-player for healers. This helps with seeing deadly boss mods / big wigs etc. when they assign icons to victims or the anub situation you have.

target-icon would be used as part of a "raid-leader" type package. It allows you to see who is on what and when dps or tank targeting goes bad on marked mobs.

For now they are both hooked up by default because it is easier to disconnect something than to magically know it is there and can be connected.
Old 01-21-2010   #7
Eudori

As a note, that addon doesn't work ATM. A ticket is open for it.
Eudori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #8
Azethoth
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudori View Post
As a note, that addon doesn't work ATM. A ticket is open for it.
Well, what exact version of Grid2 and Grid2StatusTargetIcons are you using?