Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Unit Frames
Unit Frames ag_UnitFrames, Grid, Pitbull, X-Perl, etc., and modules

Old 07-17-2006   #1
Iceroth

Default IceHUD

So.. I apparently have too much free time when I decided to write my own HUD addon when I couldn't find any that I'd like.

IceHUD

What it is:
- Another HUD addon
- Player and target health and mana bars, casting and mirror bars, pet health and mana bars, druid mana bar in forms (requires DruidBar or SoleManax addon), extensive target info, ToT display

What it is not:
- Complete
- Has no party support (and probably won't ever have)

Available from the local SVN near you: http://svn.wowace.com/root/trunk/IceHUD/
For non-developers: http://svn.wowace.com/files/

Things I'd like to get feedback on:
- How to make it even clearer
- What kind of a texture for the bars (I'm not completely happy with the current one)
- If anyone would be kind enought to see the dark side and take a look and say something about the code: it's my first addon ever . Did I do something incredibly stupid? Is there a much easier/faster/more efficient way of doing something?

Screenshots

Default display, no target

Notice how the bars light up when you are in combat

Alternative bar type

Round bar type

Change Log

0.8 2006-12-04
- 2.0 compatible
- Removed bunch of unused libs (recommended to delete your /libs folder before updating)
- Added a restriction to open configuration settings only out of combat
- TargetInfo module optimized (no longer eats your memory and babies when changing options)
- Shows up to 40 buffs/debuffs, ability to filter buffs (never/in combat/always)
- No longer uses SpellStatus lib (new events do everything worth doing)
- New module TargetCast, basically does what Blizzard target frame cast bar does
- Removed module TimerBar (it was next to useless)
- Brackets around bar texts now toggleable
- Some misc. bug fixes (eg. colors now change properly when a duel starts)

0.7 2006-09-24
- Added an option to change the bar colors
- Using scheduled events now instead of Metrognome
- Some small bug fixes

0.6 2006-09-02
- Improved TargetInfo and ToT module
- RoundBar texture looks better than ever
- PlayerHealth and TargetHealth modules have an option to turn off Blizzard default frames
- Fixed MH3 rounding bug

0.5 2006-08-20
- Graphical combo points
- Various tweaks and bug fixes (ie. mirror timer bar)

0.4 2006-08-06
- New bar type
- More configuration options

0.3 2006-07-28
- More configuration options
- Added another texture option for bars
- /icehud now opens Dewdrop menu directly
- Rogue/cat energy ticker
- ToT stacking debuff display
- SoleManax support
- Timer bar for ToFu

0.2.2 2006-07-21
- Fixed AlphaOOC 0 problem with bar texts

0.2.1 2006-07-21
- Fixed a bug with disabled bars

0.2 2006-07-21
- Added basic pet support
- Added configuration (via both console and Dewdrop)
- Fixed indexing problem with non-English clients

2006-07-17 Moved to SVN

0.1.1 2006-07-16
- Changed combo points to listen the proper event
- Removed a debug message from mirror bars

0.1 2006-07-16
- Initial release
Iceroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #2
devla2

Default Re: IceHUD

Looks really nice.

Are there slash commands in yet (or functions) to set the position onscreen? I'd like to shift it up a bit since most of my UI is on the bottom part of the screen.
devla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #3
pintocat

Hmmm.. interesting. I rather like the bars. I love HUD's in general, but the rings in most of them are difficult to keep track of. The tips of the rings are deceptive, you can be at 80% and it doesn't really look like some of the ring ones are even damaged. The angle of the bars will help too, I think. Visually, perfectly vertical bars just don't do it for me.
I'm using ArcHUD right now, but I'll try this when I get home. I'd like to request that it be able to get druid mana from Solemanax (Archud does both it and druidbar).
Can't wait to try it later

pintocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #4
Industrial
Amazing Member

perfectly vertical bars certainly do it for me :P Gunna take a look and see if i can change that
Industrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #5
kyahx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintocat
[...]I love HUD's in general, but the rings in most of them are difficult to keep track of. The tips of the rings are deceptive, you can be at 80% and it doesn't really look like some of the ring ones are even damaged.[...]
This is why I've been a big fan of DHUD. Visually the bars are alot easier to read than say ArcHUD (or most other HUD's styles). Drathal dosen't seem very quick to update thou, I'm not sure if he's even still working on it. =/
kyahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #6
devla2

While I used ArcHUD for a while, I'm not a fan of all the bells and whistles (Party rings, Models,etc).

I've been using OHUD because its fairly simple and looks a bit different than the standard blah rings. Its not an Ace mod, but if anyone wants to look at it for texture/graphic reference grab it at the OHUD DL Page.

Looks like I'll be replacing it with IceHUD though. Played around with it for a bit and its really nice.

A couple requests/questions regarding the castbar:
1) Integration of Flight timer mods (FuBar_ToFu, FlightMap)
2) does the castbar show any casting text? Like if I'm casting "Greater Heal (Rank 3)" is that displayed in text somewhere?
3) Add a cast time for Hunter Aimed Shot (I know Sorren's Hunter Timers has done this somehow and its been a popular request with otravi_Castingbar)

Thanks again
devla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #7
pintocat

I like the look of that OHUD, but I'll probably stick with Ice or Arc. I do like the marks to show each 25% of the bar though.
pintocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #8
Iceroth

Ok, thank you all for the feedback. In my opinion WoW UI is mostly a matter of personal taste and most of the unit frame mods out there provide the rough same functionality - it's only how it is displayed that varies. I'm glad you like my version .

Devla:
No slash commands or anything to configure anything yet. I've been kinda postponing that to see how AceGUI2, AceConsole and DewDrop are evolving. I have to make a decision soon though.
To move it up, check IceCore.lua line 62: "self.IceHUDFrame:SetPoint("CENTER", 0, -150)" and try -100 or -50 or so.

pintocat:
I'll add that solemanax thing on my todo list.

Industrial:
It's only a matter of changing the texture. I might add alternative textures in the future but you have stick with that for now .

Devla (again):
1) I'll look into it, ToFu support will come almost certainly (assuming there's even some semi-usable api to hook into)
2) Yes, check the 2nd screenshot, I'm casting Starfire there. It doesn't cut the spell name properly though for really long spell names (like summon aq battle tank)
3) That's a bit nasty as I don't have a hunter myself and that would mean I'd have to level one to level 21 or so to get Aimed Shot . However, if there's anyone who would like to write a small library/mixin/whatever that fires a custom event with same arguments as the spell_start_casting (or smthng..), I'd be more than happy to listen that event.
Iceroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006   #9
ghent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devla
I've been using OHUD because its fairly simple and looks a bit different than the standard blah rings. Its not an Ace mod, but if anyone wants to look at it for texture/graphic reference grab it at the OHUD DL Page.
Sorry for the semi-offtopic question: what unit frames are those, Devla?
Old 07-17-2006   #10
steve2

I know you're probably not trying to make another ArcHUD here but a feature that I really like is that it can completely hide the hud if you are not in combat and are at full health/mana etc.

Other than that I like it just as it is.

Steve
steve2 is offline   Reply With Quote