Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Unit Frames
Unit Frames ag_UnitFrames, Grid, Pitbull, X-Perl, etc., and modules

Old 08-25-2008   #1111
Parnic

Send a message via ICQ to Parnic Send a message via AIM to Parnic Send a message via MSN to Parnic Send a message via Yahoo to Parnic
Default Re: IceHUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcuhC
Forgive me if this has been discussed/covered. But TargetInfo has the option of Enlarging your own buffs/debuffs. But when doing this the enlarge buff overlaps any other buff/debuff.

Is there a way to fix this? Settings in the mod im not aware of, lol
I've never seen this happen...is the top row overlapping the bottom row or are the enlarged ones overlapping the ones to the left and right of them?
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #1112
jokeyrhyme

Send a message via ICQ to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Yahoo to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Skype™ to jokeyrhyme

Just starting using this add-on today. I tried using DaHud and UnderHood but neither of them seemed to have a configurable font setting. The default layout is definitely the best I've seen so far, and going forward, I don't see any real reason to change the default settings in anyway.

That said, I'm going to be that jerk that uses your awesomely written add-on for a few hours (for free, I might add) and runs off a massive list of all the things he'd like done differently (sorry). :P

- TargetInfo should really just be called "Info" and it should be found nested in the TargetHealth section (just like Text and Icon sections can be found nested in PlayerHealth). It should also only have settings for those 3 DogTag lines and their positions.

- All the Buffs and DeBuffs stuff in TargetInfo should probably just be sitting in their own little
section, nested in right next to Info and Text.

- Player, Pet, TargetOfTarget and Focus all need to have these Info and Buff sections.

- It would be just a bit more visually pleasing if the individual bars could be moved vertically. I have my pet and focus bars' scale set to 0.8, but the bottoms of those bars are flush with the scale 1 bars. How much cooler would it look if I could (at least manually) center them all vertically? Easily the suggestion I hope you implement the most (the others are admittedly somewhat tedious).

I can't seem to make the TargetOfTarget bar not be the same width as the gap between the left and right halves (without changing the scale). It just a little thing that doesn't do it for me, so I have that bar hidden. But there's no other way to display that information, and I'd really really love to be able to do those 3 DogTag lines for the TargetOfTarget, as well as for Target.

Anyhow, the kudos in this thread is much deserved, it really is fantastic work. If anything I've suggested can already be achieved, then will someone please let me know. Cheerio!
Old 08-25-2008   #1113
kcuhc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnic
I've never seen this happen...is the top row overlapping the bottom row or are the enlarged ones overlapping the ones to the left and right of them?
http://phunky.ulmb.com/overlap.jpg

This happens on both the Buff and Debuffs. In the Image, i tried with both OmniCC enabled and Disabled, to make sure that wasnt the cause of it.
kcuhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #1114
Parnic

Send a message via ICQ to Parnic Send a message via AIM to Parnic Send a message via MSN to Parnic Send a message via Yahoo to Parnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeyrhyme
Just starting using this add-on today. I tried using DaHud and UnderHood but neither of them seemed to have a configurable font setting. The default layout is definitely the best I've seen so far, and going forward, I don't see any real reason to change the default settings in anyway.
Glad you enjoy it. I appreciate the constructive suggestions. I'll reply to them below.

Quote:
- TargetInfo should really just be called "Info" and it should be found nested in the TargetHealth section (just like Text and Icon sections can be found nested in PlayerHealth). It should also only have settings for those 3 DogTag lines and their positions.
Unfortunately, due to the way the addon is coded, I can't embed the options for targetinfo inside the player health module. Since they are separate modules (and able to be toggled on/off independently, which I wouldn't have any other way ) they need separate configuration areas. I agree that the configuration screen itself is a bit cumbersome and non-obvious to work with. I had some plans to revamp it, but never found the time.
Also, nearly every setting on the module (vertical placement, data, scale, etc.) is there because of previous user requests for features, so I won't be removing any of them.

Quote:
- All the Buffs and DeBuffs stuff in TargetInfo should probably just be sitting in their own little
section, nested in right next to Info and Text.
This is probably doable, though pretty low priority.

Quote:
- Player, Pet, TargetOfTarget and Focus all need to have these Info and Buff sections.
I was trying to keep the HUD as clutter-free as possible, but I understand the desire for these features. Honestly, I doubt I'll have the time to add these features, but I'll definitely put them on the wish list for a rainy day .

Quote:
- It would be just a bit more visually pleasing if the individual bars could be moved vertically. I have my pet and focus bars' scale set to 0.8, but the bottoms of those bars are flush with the scale 1 bars. How much cooler would it look if I could (at least manually) center them all vertically? Easily the suggestion I hope you implement the most (the others are admittedly somewhat tedious).
Allowing bars to be moved vertically should be pretty simple. I think I can add this feature sometime soon...whenever work calms back down .

Quote:
I can't seem to make the TargetOfTarget bar not be the same width as the gap between the left and right halves (without changing the scale). It just a little thing that doesn't do it for me, so I have that bar hidden. But there's no other way to display that information, and I'd really really love to be able to do those 3 DogTag lines for the TargetOfTarget, as well as for Target.
I can probably add the dogtag settings to TargetOfTarget as well as allowing its width to be movable. The width=gap thing was just an easy-ish way to make the HUD all fit together, but I see no reason not to allow it to be scaled separately.

By all means, I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-26-2008   #1115
Parnic

Quote:
http://phunky.ulmb.com/overlap.jpg

This happens on both the Buff and Debuffs. In the Image, i tried with both OmniCC enabled and Disabled, to make sure that wasnt the cause of it.
Thanks for the screenshot. I'll investigate this as soon as I can. Do you have any other mods loaded, by chance?
Old 08-26-2008   #1116
jokeyrhyme

Send a message via ICQ to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Yahoo to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Skype™ to jokeyrhyme

Quote:
By all means, I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for sharing!
No no, thank you. I see your point about keeping it modular, and I agree. It doesn't make sense to reorganise the settings the way I suggested. Thanks for explaining.

And yeah, I personally wouldn't use the Buffs/DeBuffs thing for the Player, Pet, ToT and Focus. Little DogTag frames for each of those would suit my style heaps though. Maybe I'll poke at the lua as see if it's not too hard to get the ToT one going myself...

EDIT: Is it necessary to still have those "MobHealth3 support" and the "Abbreviate estimated Health" checkboxes? DogTag's health tags all use MobHealth automatically if found. And the other one, according to its tooltip, only functions if we aren't using DogTag (how do we stop using DogTag?).
Old 08-26-2008   #1117
Parnic

Quote:
r80967 adds this feature and sets the default height on pet/focus bars to be centered vertically. This worked out really well, thanks for the request!

Quote:
EDIT: Is it necessary to still have those "MobHealth3 support" and the "Abbreviate estimated Health" checkboxes? DogTag's health tags all use MobHealth automatically if found. And the other one, according to its tooltip, only functions if we aren't using DogTag (how do we stop using DogTag?).
I can probably remove the MobHealth3 checkboxes. You can remove DogTag by deleting the folder from 'libs' if you download with externals (grabbing the zip directly) or just not installing dogtag if you download without externals. One of the users reported that they had a huge problem with dogtag (I have no idea why) and more or less demanded that it be optional.
Old 08-26-2008   #1118
Parnic

Quote:
Added an independent width setting for the TargetOfTarget module in r80970. The default behavior is still to size to the HUD's gap, but you can remove that and specify your own width. I will do DogTag strings later.
Old 08-26-2008   #1119
kcuhc

Quote:
Thanks for the screenshot. I'll investigate this as soon as I can. Do you have any other mods loaded, by chance?
http://phunky.ulmb.com/mods.jpg

some disabled
kcuhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #1120
Parnic

Quote:
Forgive me if this has been discussed/covered. But TargetInfo has the option of Enlarging your own buffs/debuffs. But when doing this the enlarge buff overlaps any other buff/debuff.

Is there a way to fix this? Settings in the mod im not aware of, lol
r80973 should fix the buff/debuff overlapping problem when using enlarged "own buffs" settings. Let me know how it looks .