Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Unit Frames
Unit Frames ag_UnitFrames, Grid, Pitbull, X-Perl, etc., and modules

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008   #1121
jokeyrhyme
Senior Member
 
jokeyrhyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 430
Send a message via ICQ to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Yahoo to jokeyrhyme Send a message via Skype™ to jokeyrhyme
Default Re: IceHUD

Thanks so much! Here's how I have my bars set up currently. Player bars are all together, big and left. Pet bars are small and left. Target bars are big and right. Focus bars are small and right.


I still can't seem to find exactly where to independently resize the ToT bar. Totally doesn't matter though.

The Mirror bar doesn't seem to obey its Offset setting. I can move it left or right, but all the Offset seems to change is the position of the text (and in a rather odd fashion). Can't seem to move it further left or right, as it's always stuck at Offset=0.

What I'd really like to do with those DogTag frames is put a [NumTargeting] tag so it hovers near the middle of the health bars for each of the Player, Pet, Target and Focus frames. With the individual frame's Raid Icon setting disabled, this is sort of what I'd be looking to make it look like (without the Buffs/Debuffs having followed them across the screen, naturally):


So yeah, the extra DogTag frames for each unit, the mirror bar thing, and being able to offset the Buffs/Debuffs from the TargetInfo DogTag frame they're anchored to would solve my last remaining little "desires" for the add-on. Feel free to disagree (of course) and I hope you like the screenshots.
__________________
Author: EggTimer, SavedInstances
jokeyrhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #1122
kcuhc
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: IceHUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnic
r80973 should fix the buff/debuff overlapping problem when using enlarged "own buffs" settings. Let me know how it looks .
Perfect!

BLP converter, custom skin made, really liking this hud Mod, Ty!
kcuhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #1123
Parnic
Senior Member
 
Parnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 326
Send a message via ICQ to Parnic Send a message via AIM to Parnic Send a message via MSN to Parnic Send a message via Yahoo to Parnic
Default Re: IceHUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeyrhyme
Thanks so much! Here's how I have my bars set up currently. Player bars are all together, big and left. Pet bars are small and left. Target bars are big and right. Focus bars are small and right.


I still can't seem to find exactly where to independently resize the ToT bar. Totally doesn't matter though.

The Mirror bar doesn't seem to obey its Offset setting. I can move it left or right, but all the Offset seems to change is the position of the text (and in a rather odd fashion). Can't seem to move it further left or right, as it's always stuck at Offset=0.

What I'd really like to do with those DogTag frames is put a [NumTargeting] tag so it hovers near the middle of the health bars for each of the Player, Pet, Target and Focus frames. With the individual frame's Raid Icon setting disabled, this is sort of what I'd be looking to make it look like (without the Buffs/Debuffs having followed them across the screen, naturally):


So yeah, the extra DogTag frames for each unit, the mirror bar thing, and being able to offset the Buffs/Debuffs from the TargetInfo DogTag frame they're anchored to would solve my last remaining little "desires" for the add-on. Feel free to disagree (of course) and I hope you like the screenshots.
Looking good . Glad you like the changes. I'll continue to work on your suggestions as I get time. At the bottom of the ToT config page, there's a checkbox to "Size to gap". If you un-check that, you get a new slider that will allow you to play with the width of the bar.

I'll check on the mirror bar offset thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KcuhC
Perfect!

BLP converter, custom skin made, really liking this hud Mod, Ty!
Would you be willing to share your skin? I would really like some additional art for this mod, but alas, I'm just a programmer and my art is ug-ly . I'd be happy to include anyone's custom skins in the default UI!
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #1124
kcuhc
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: IceHUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnic
Would you be willing to share your skin? I would really like some additional art for this mod, but alas, I'm just a programmer and my art is ug-ly . I'd be happy to include anyone's custom skins in the default UI!
Sure, gimme a couple days to clean it up, always thought there was a couple things i could do better, this would be a reason to .

actually planned on making a couple for a couple different toons [my toons each have a custom interface]. Give me a couple days, ill get some SS's posted.
kcuhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #1125
kcuhc
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: IceHUD

Ok, these things kind of fit my interfaces, so im not quite sure if they are any use to people. I did have a request for a Tribal/Runic Design. I'll post that one once i get it done.

Sample:
http://phunky.ulmb.com/bars.jpg

Download:
http://phunky.ulmb.com/textures.zip
kcuhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #1126
Parnic
Senior Member
 
Parnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 326
Send a message via ICQ to Parnic Send a message via AIM to Parnic Send a message via MSN to Parnic Send a message via Yahoo to Parnic
Default Re: IceHUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcuhC
Ok, these things kind of fit my interfaces, so im not quite sure if they are any use to people. I did have a request for a Tribal/Runic Design. I'll post that one once i get it done.

Sample:
http://phunky.ulmb.com/bars.jpg

Download:
http://phunky.ulmb.com/textures.zip
Great, thanks! I'll get this added to the UI and submit a new version soon. If you've got more, keep 'em comin!
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #1127
kcuhc
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: IceHUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnic
Great, thanks! I'll get this added to the UI and submit a new version soon. If you've got more, keep 'em comin!
Ill keep designing here and there. The runic design was a request by a guildy, a friend of mine is looking for a Arc/Tribal Design. So at least 2 more with in a week.
kcuhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008   #1128
ellipsis
Amazing Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,295
Default Re: IceHUD

IceHUD seems to still register the PLAYER_PET_CHANGED event for pet updates; this event was removed a while back and no longer fires. It has been replaced by UNIT_PET with an arg1 of "player". I don't know if this causes any actual problems in-game, but it would probably be best to update the pet module code for this change, just in case.
ellipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #1129
kcuhc
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: IceHUD

so this whole wowace thing has me stumped.

where the hell can i find the most recent updated version of this mod, lol.
kcuhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #1130
Parnic
Senior Member
 
Parnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 326
Send a message via ICQ to Parnic Send a message via AIM to Parnic Send a message via MSN to Parnic Send a message via Yahoo to Parnic
Default Re: IceHUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcuhC
so this whole wowace thing has me stumped.

where the hell can i find the most recent updated version of this mod, lol.
http://files.wowace.com/IceHUD/IceHUD.zip is always the bleeding-edge latest version. I upload stable versions to both curse and wowinterface. On curse, the wotlk betas are under the Files section at the bottom; the "download" button doesn't grab them directly because they're marked as betas and it only grabs releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis
IceHUD seems to still register the PLAYER_PET_CHANGED event for pet updates; this event was removed a while back and no longer fires. It has been replaced by UNIT_PET with an arg1 of "player". I don't know if this causes any actual problems in-game, but it would probably be best to update the pet module code for this change, just in case.
Thanks Ellipsis . I'll get this change put in soon.
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 PM.