Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Unit Frames
Unit Frames ag_UnitFrames, Grid, Pitbull, X-Perl, etc., and modules

Old 08-14-2006   #111
elnaril

Default Re: IceHUD v0.4

I have a rather annoying bug... I'm using Mac OS X, and any time I minimize or maximize my game IceHUD seems to lose it's textures... the bars turn into large rectangles of color and i need to reload my UI to fix it -_-. I can try to get a screenshot if you need one, any idea what's going on?
elnaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #112
xhile

Quote:
I have a rather annoying bug... I'm using Mac OS X, and any time I minimize or maximize my game IceHUD seems to lose it's textures... the bars turn into large rectangles of color and i need to reload my UI to fix it -_-. I can try to get a screenshot if you need one, any idea what's going on?
Happens everyonce in awhile to me also so not really a mac issue. I just reload and move on hehe.
xhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #113
Iceroth

shadowmx:
Has this happened before or just since the latest update (with SpellStatus lib)? Also, if you can find any pattern for it, please tell us.

Elnaril, Xhile:
That's really strange. I haven't seen this behavior myself ever. Sounds like WoW has issues with my textures then... Has either of you used the older version of IceHUD (= the version without round bars)? Was this problem present then? During the release of "round bar version" I also changed the program I used to generate .blp files from .png. And does this happen with all of the bar types or just with some? And does enabling/disabling IceHUD from the menu do anything?
If you are interested in testing it out a bit more, I could provide .tga textures for you guys so you could check if that would help? Generally speaking .tga textures are a pain in the ass to work with though, .png has SO much better support of alpha channel.
Iceroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #114
xhile

1. Yeah I used the version right before you added the round bars. (not using the rounded textures btw)

2. No seems to be a recent issue.

3. I'll mess around and see if it does it on the other bar types.

Doesnt really bother me to much like I said I just reload and move on. Sometimes when tabbing in raids it is a nuissance but other than that no big deal. I'll see if I can make it do it tomorrow on other bar's and go from there.
xhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #115
Lodoran

I also get the "lost textures" bug (also running on Mac OS X). For me it's not random, it always shows up if I switch from fullscreen to playing in a window or vice versa. I have made a screenshot here.

Reloading the UI fixes the problem as stated before, zoning in or out of instances however does not, nor does enabling/disabling IceHUD from the menu. I have only tested with the non rounded bars (the nice slanted ones ^^).
Lodoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #116
Iceroth

Let's hope we can narrow this down a bit. I'm fairly sure the problem is with the texture files itself and not in the way I use them. So, if you would be kind enough to

1) Delete Bar.blp, BarBG.blp, HiBar.blp and HiBarBG.blp files from IceHUD/textures/
2) Download the 4 files from here [ http://iceroth.net/debug/ ] and place them to that same folder
3) Try it with both of the textures and see if you can reproduce the problem (no need to worry about the file extensions, WoW loads both file types automatically)

I'm pretty sure Bar texture will work without any problems but I'm more interested in HiBar: if that 'new' texture works, the problem is in my conversion tool.
Old 08-14-2006   #117
shadowmx

It only started to happen with the SpellStatus lib, before that my casting bar was always showing, no matter what.

From my run last night, the most I could come up with was when I used a mana gem or a trinket while chain casting (sometimes I use trinket and cast right away, which could explain why I saw the problem happen on "first casts")

I'm not at home atm, so I'll try to check that idea when I do get back.
shadowmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #118
Iceroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmx
It only started to happen with the SpellStatus lib, before that my casting bar was always showing, no matter what.

From my run last night, the most I could come up with was when I used a mana gem or a trinket while chain casting (sometimes I use trinket and cast right away, which could explain why I saw the problem happen on "first casts")
Would you by any chance happen to have a macro for those? Those seemed to confuse SpellStatus to some extend but at least some of them should have been fixed last night.

Also, you can turn on debuging - it spams you a bit when you cast but that should help to narrow down the problem.
Old 08-14-2006   #119
shadowmx

Well, found the problem after checking some more.

I have FastCast installed and after chain casting a few times SpellLib gets screwed.

Also, if you check that screenshot, you can see a -4.8sec timer...it's over -700sec now :P (I stopped casting after taking the screenshot)
shadowmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006   #120
steve2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceroth
Let's hope we can narrow this down a bit. I'm fairly sure the problem is with the texture files itself and not in the way I use them. So, if you would be kind enough to

1) Delete Bar.blp, BarBG.blp, HiBar.blp and HiBarBG.blp files from IceHUD/textures/
2) Download the 4 files from here [ http://iceroth.net/debug/ ] and place them to that same folder
3) Try it with both of the textures and see if you can reproduce the problem (no need to worry about the file extensions, WoW loads both file types automatically)

I'm pretty sure Bar texture will work without any problems but I'm more interested in HiBar: if that 'new' texture works, the problem is in my conversion tool.
Ice - I'm also having the problem on my Mac so I tried this test too. After replacing the Bar and HiBar textures they both work fine and the RoundBar texture did not. (the test I am doing is switch to and from windowed mode which breaks the old files every time)

All three textures had the fault before replacing the files with your test ones.

Steve
steve2 is offline   Reply With Quote