Go Back   WowAce Forums > General > General Chat

Old 12-14-2009   #1
Mikari

Default Combatlog Randomly breaks

This was happening in 3.2 and still happens in 3.3. Randomly my combatlog will just stop recording data which of course breaks a lot of my mods that depend on the combat log. I think this is a Blizzard bug but I've never seen it reported on the official forums, has anyone else experienced this bug?
Mikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #2
Tekkub
Wiki Master

Default Re: Combatlog Randomly breaks

Yes, relogging is the only solution I know of. I have no idea if the bug has been reported, but as it effects the default combat log I'd think they would care.
Tekkub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #3
Shadowed

I would hope they know about it, given it's been in the game since it came out in 2.4.
Shadowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #4
Elsia
Legendary Member

I'm pretty sure the problem only emerged with 3.2. At least I got no reports of "Recount randomly not collecting" before, and quite a lot after.

Just to make sure it'd be worthwhile to post this on the US forums... I'm on the EU side, so can't.
Elsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #5
Tekkub
Wiki Master

I can't say if it was 3.2 or earlier when I started seeing it, but it's certainly been 3.x
Tekkub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #6
Shadowed

No it's definitely been an issue since 2.4 it's just been fairly rare. I had the issue happen to me and it was a confusing hour debugging things, so it's not "My friend's friend dog" told me
Shadowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #7
Elsia
Legendary Member

I like dogs. Let's put it like this: It certainly became a lot more frequent some time around 3.2.

I'm not sure how this works. It's quite clear that the chat goes over a different comm than the rest of the game world, because if other parts of the connectivity go down you can happily keep on chatting. I wonder if the combat log has yet another line and if that one dies occasionally.
Elsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #8
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

I've seen this happen myself since patch 3.2, and put it down to some bug in their WoW.exe client, and not any of our fault. Relogging was the only way I got it to work again.
Old 12-15-2009   #9
Farmbuyer
Amazing Member

What Xinhuan said. The one time it happened to me, none of the combat event were firing at all. Combat was happening, and I could see my damage number popping up in the gamefield, but nothing in the combat log and nothing driven by combat events (timer bars, etc).
Farmbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #10
yj589794

I usually find that my combat logs break in 2 situations:

- logging directly into Dalaran at peak times there is a chance the combat log just won't start, or updates can be delayed for a few minutes before I'm spammed with events.

- After a fast AH scan everything just dies for a few minutes with a 50/50 chance of the combat log coming back without a relog.

Both situations involve heavier than normal client/server traffic.
yj589794 is offline   Reply With Quote