Go Back   WowAce Forums > General > General Chat

Old 01-24-2011   #11321
Pain21

Default Re: UI Screenshots - Show us what you use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d32mjackazz View Post

I've been coming to this website for so long, and I just don't get it about your UI's, fonts are so small and can barely read them, how do you use your UI (not this one specifically, just any of your UI's basically) in raids? It's not that I am not able to read them, it's just that I have to focus my eyes on them, which is not what I like to do during raids, I like to blink over and see what i'm checking, and get back to what I was doing. I also do not have 20/20 vision, I wear glasses, maybe is that the problem? Are my eyes just not as precise as yours?

Or is it something with my monitor settings? UI scale? I have a 21"[think it was 21, could be anywhere from 21-23 i'm a noob] LCD monitor, 1920x1080 resolution.
Obviously UI scale is lowest it can be set.

edit: Another thing I just considered would be my monitor placement (way it's tilted, etc.), or distance from monitor?

This isn't a bash or anything, your UI's are a piece of art, you are simply amazing. Just asking how you manage ^_^.

Last edited by Pain21; 01-24-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Pain21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #11322
gamemaster128

@Pain21
I agree with you. It definitely looks nice, but I can't read it unless I squint at it. I'm even using a forty-two inch screen that I sit about three feet away from!

That's the best thing about being able to customize your interface though. You have the freedom to make it look and function the way you want it to.
gamemaster128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #11323
Pain21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamemaster128 View Post
@Pain21
I agree with you. It definitely looks nice, but I can't read it unless I squint at it. I'm even using a forty-two inch screen that I sit about three feet away from!

That's the best thing about being able to customize your interface though. You have the freedom to make it look and function the way you want it to.

agree'd That's what I mean, not bashing him whatsoever, just wondering how he manages.
Pain21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #11324
d32mjackazz

I don't know. My question would be more like, how can you not read it? Lots of people seem to be anti pixelfonts cause they are hard to read, but for me they read just fine. I've been using em for years now so. Perhaps I just adapted to them.

Anyway, I have no problems reading them. And since my UI has little to nu useless information, I don't have to focus on many things.
Old 09-07-2011   #11325
IshtaraUi

My Ui (which is now finally updated)

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...IshtaraUi.html
IshtaraUi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #11326
Improstor

My latest UI, situable for DPS/TANK. I'm using default Party/Raid frames and as PvP oriented player, Boss mods aren't installed. Thus I have included only OOC and In combat screens.

OOC, Focus, Casting

Dummy combat

Used AddOns : oUF_Simple2, Dominos, Neav addons, Bagnon, Chatter and many smaller ones.
Improstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #11327
clubjuly

This topic made me think of those days i played wow without addons. Went back to those days i swimmed from one land to another without knowing that we could take a boat lol
clubjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #11328
Benea

My UI layout has not changed in years. Colors/fonts have but essentially the same.

Download: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1920x1080.html

Benea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #11329
Katsya

I'm getting back into WoW after a couple years of being away. I have always found inspiration in this thread for my UI's. I find it a little funny that design has not changed much since I was away. Anything new and exciting out that I Have to know about? New exciting screen shots you guys can share? I'm so far out of the loop!
Katsya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #11330
JCinDE

JCinDE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interface, screenshot