Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 08-10-2010   #1
Tomber

Default Raven: Auras, Cooldowns and Notifications

Raven tracks auras and cooldowns on player, target, focus and pet and uses that information to provide:

Timer bars displayed in customizable bar groups

Raven provides two types of bar groups. Auto bar groups are used to automatically display bars for buffs, debuffs and cooldowns based on factors like who they're on, who cast them, how long they last, and how much time they have left. Custom bar groups allow you to manually configure a mix of specific buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, and condition notifications.

Comprehensive condition checking

Condition checking is a key feature of Raven and, while somewhat complex to set up, has enough flexibility to prioritize, to use a feral druid example, refreshing Savage Roar before it runs out over using accumulated combo points for another Rip or Ferocious Bite. Raven includes tests for checking detailed status of player, target and focus, tests for checking combinations of buffs and defuffs, and tests for checking when spells or items are ready to be used. Each named condition can include any combination of individual tests and all of the tests must be true for the condition itself to evaluate to true. You can add dependencies between conditions that allow you to both factor them in useful ways and to prioritize between them. You can also reference Raven conditions from other addons so they could be checked from, say, PowerAuras.

Button highlights for active spells and cooldown counters

Raven can add colored overlays to action bar buttons to indicate when buffs and debuffs are active on the player, target or focus. Customizable counters can also be displayed on buttons for spells with cooldowns. Highlights and cooldown counters are currently only supported with Bartender4 and Dominos action bars.

Presets for class-specific spells and conditions

Raven includes a database containing default bar colors, cooldown info, and buffs/debuffs for class-specific spells. It also includes built-in conditions for each class (except warriors and death knights, at this time) for basic buffing and decursing.

Optional class-specific spell rotation modules

Raven supports optional modules that suggest spell rotations for particular classes/specs. These modules will contain conditions that prioritize spell selection based on player and target status plus resource availabilty (combo points, energy, etc.). You can, of course, tune the condition definitions to your own preferences. These modules will be separate addons and distributed/enabled separately. Initially, I plan to release modules for survival hunters and feral druids.

Raven uses Ace3 libraries, LibSharedMedia-3.0, and LibDataBroker-1.1.

This is my first large addon and I welcome advice and feedback from the developer community before going public with a beta release.

Last edited by Tomber; 10-12-2010 at 04:37 AM.
Tomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010   #2
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Default Re: Raven: Auras, Cooldowns and Notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomber View Post
Customizable counters can also be displayed on buttons for spells with cooldowns.
A nice touch would be to automatically disable these if OmniCC is enabled, or set the .noCooldownCount flag on the button to disable OmniCC's timers.

Also, Macaroon support in general would be nice. You could look in DrDamage to see how it supports Macaroon buttons.
Please don't PM me about addon bugs, requests, or code help. Post a comment, ticket, or thread instead!
Phanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010   #3
Tomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
A nice touch would be to automatically disable these if OmniCC is enabled...
Thank you for the suggestion. I have checked in this change.

I'll see if I can add Macaroon support next.
Old 08-12-2010   #4
Tomber

I've added support for Macaroon now--my first experience with this very different and interesting action bar mod. I use Bartender4 so I'd appreciate further testing of the highlight and cooldown module by avid Macaroon and Dominos users. You do not need to set up anything in Raven in order to see active buff/debuff highlights and cooldown counters--they should be on by default when Raven is loaded (cooldown counters only if OmniCC is not loaded).

Thanks to the authors of DrDamage for the example code!

Last edited by Tomber; 08-12-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2010   #5
Nickenyfiken

Isnt it out of scope for this addon to have the same feature included as OmniCC already have? Or did i misunderstand something?
Nickenyfiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #6
Tomber

Since Raven already tracks auras and cooldowns it is a small step to include button highlights and cooldown counters on action bars. Highlighting active spells was once a feature of Bongos--I missed it in Bartender4 and included it in Raven. OmniCC only does cooldown counters (but does them more extensively for those who want that, adding them to more places). Automatically turning off the counters in Raven when OmniCC is loaded seems like a pretty good solution to the feature overlap.
Old 08-12-2010   #7
Nickenyfiken

Ah that is true Tomber.

I haven't tried your addon yet, but a addon I love is Inline Aura. Maybe that would be a nice feature the add for your addon, as it is already tracking auras.
Nickenyfiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #8
Craxziz

I've started playing around with this and I must say I like the amount of customisation this mod allows! One thing I've found that so far doesn't seem to work is the icon only mode, if I remove the tick from bars everything disappears even when icons is ticked. It would also be great if it would be possible to anchor groups of bars together like EBB does. And lastly it would be nice to have an easier way of changing bar colours, having to do it by spell id seems a bit too involved. As personally I prefer the default effect colours most other buff/frame addons use, ie red for bleeds, green for poison, etc; however having buffs class coloured is a gem of an idea which will make seeing what buffs I'm missing at a glance so much easier!
Craxziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #9
Tomber

Craxziz, thank you for trying the addon. I checked in a fix for the issue with icon only mode. There was also a related issue with disabling sparks addressed with the fix. I'll go through more test cases tomorrow.

I'll look at how EBB anchors groups of bars together soon.

I'll think about bar coloring alternatives too. You can directly change bar colors in custom bar groups but in the auto bar groups the bars are created on the fly from detected auras and cooldowns which is why their colors are associated with spell names. Typing in spell names is a bit of a pain...
Old 08-15-2010   #10
Craxziz

Thanks for fixing up the icon only mode and also adding the anchoring of groups together, much appreciated. I was also quite pleasantly surprised to find that it tracks eclipse cds out of the box, nice to see this in as default in a generic buff mod.

Going back to colours, whilst I appreciate colours can be set for custom groups, or indeed I could go and amend them in the lua files for class spells, when it comes to mob spells it becomes an exercise in futility. Specifically when I get debuffed by a mob I've always relied on being able to quickly glance at the active debuffs on me to tell what type of debuff it is, ie red for physical, green for poison, blue for magic, etc. Hence why I asked about this... With Raven this isn't possible unless I wade through wowhead and add every npc debuff spell to a custom group.

Whilst on the subject of potential feature requests, would it be possible to add an invert option to the sort by time remaining option for displaying bar order, just when you anchor two groups together and set one to grow up and the other down, they don't sort in the same direction.

And thank you for all your hard work so far, I've managed to rip out and replace 4 mods by using Raven.
Craxziz is offline   Reply With Quote