Go Back   WowAce Forums > General > General Chat

Old 06-13-2011   #1
Tekkub
Wiki Master

Default Question for you 85 endgamers

I'm tweaking some things in Cork's config and I need feedback on what people *actually* do in 5-man heroics and raids here.

First up, the old buff items, drums that give lv80 slightly-less-than-kings and the fort scrolls (both 80 and 85). When you're in a 5-man without the respective classes (pally/druid or priest/warrior), do you ever use these items? What about in a raid? If you do use them, when do you NOT refresh, when say only 2 people need?

Second, repairs. Is there a general level you always repair at when you're in town? Do you simply *always* repair if your equipment is even only a tiny percent damaged? When you're in the field when would you want a warning about broken equipment? 20%? 10%? Flat out broken?

Lastly, battlegrounds. Do you care about buffs on players besides yourself ever? Do you buff other players any time besides the start before the gates drop? If so, when? Would it be better to simply remind you of your buffs missing from yourself and just say fuckit to all those other bitches in the instance with you?
Tekkub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #2
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Default Re: Question for you 85 endgamers

1) I rarely have buff items so I rarely use them. I think I would use them if most people are lacking the buff and if I was sure to buff everybody that needed it (range).

2) In town, I always repair. In raid, I ask for repair when under 30% (because pieces can break during the fight). Outside, I do not care unless under 60%.

3) It is interesting to buff during preparation and just after resurrection, since people are generally packed together. I don't care about players that are out of range.

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.
Adirelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #3
Dridzt

1) Never seen them used in 5mans, they are getting used in raids (10man mostly)

2) I don't enter an instance below 80% (ie would always repair in town).
If progress and wiping, drop repair-bot at 30-ish %.

3) Before gates open, at graveyard, sometimes when defending a node.
Dridzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #4
Tekkub
Wiki Master

So with (3) in most cases you only care about self-buffing, and whoever might happen to get a group buff when they're in range?

Detecting defending a node would probably be well beyond the scope of the addon, but when you do that I assume there's only one or two group-wide spells you cast, and let them hit anyone in range?

My idea is to go into "self only" mode when in a battleground, and let the rest of the group just get buffs from splash if they're in range.
Old 06-13-2011   #5
Elkano
Super Moderator

for 3 it may also depend on whether you are doing rated or normal bgs, since for the first you've gathered a team of players and are more likely looking into cooperation, including being buffed if cost/benefit allows.
Old 06-13-2011   #6
Tekkub
Wiki Master

Is there a way to detect rated vs. not? I could easily apply normal raid mode to rated and "fuck those guys" mode to normal.
Old 06-13-2011   #7
Adirelle
Legendary Member

For 3, IMO there is basically 3 cases:
- raid/party/arena: show the tooltip if anyone in the group hasn't got the buff, cast only if all players that need the buff are at range,
- rated battleground: show the tooltip if anyone at range hasn't got the buff, cast in the same condition.
- normal battlegrounds: only care for yourself ; others will benefit of the splash effect.

Edit: there is a "IsRatedBattleground" function in Blzzard API.

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.
Adirelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #8
Tekkub
Wiki Master

Range is something Cork has never done, and probably never will. It'd be everyone or no one (except the player)

Tags
amirite, lol, tags