Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 08-26-2011   #1
StormFX
Amazing Member

Default Masque - Official Thread

Long awaited and long overdue, Masque is now in release stage. I apologize for the ridiculous delay, but real life has a way of low-balling you when you least expect it.

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss current and future changes, etc. But I'd appreciate it if you'd use the ticket system to submit bugs and suggestions. This helps me to track what does and doesn't need attention.

Links

Project Page
Known Issues
Documentation
Skin List
WoW Interface

_

Last edited by StormFX; 07-21-2012 at 02:33 AM.
StormFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011   #2
StormFX
Amazing Member

Default Re: Masque - Official Thread

F.A.Q

• Why the name change?
    Let's face it, "ButtonFacade" was long and ugly. "Masque"' is shorter, more descriptive and tons sexier.
  • Will my stuff break?
    Absolutely. I suggest not throwing it against concrete walls and the like. As far as add-ons go, most should work; or at least not throw errors. Some "features" implemented by add-ons may not work as they used to until the authors get a chance to update them.
  • Add-on X is outdated and doesn't work with Masque anymore. Can you fix it?
    No. If an author stopped development of an add-on, it's probably best that you find a replacement. I will not maintain special compatibility code for add-ons that aren't being maintained.
  • Masque is installed but <add-on> isn't showing up in Masque's options. What's wrong?
    Since ButtonFacade was renamed to Masque, I had to include a compatibility add-on to ensure that Masque was loaded correctly. This add-on is called "ButtonFacade" and replaces the previous version. If, for some reason, this add-on is not installed correctly or is not enabled, Masque will not be able to skin any add-on that hasn't been updated and that is alphabetically before it in the add-on list. To resolve this issue:

Curse Client
    : Make sure any previous version of ButtonFacade has been removed. Install Masque. The Curse Client will install the "ButtonFacade" add-on correctly. Log into the game. At the character select screen, click the "Addons" button and make sure that both "Masque" and "ButtonFacade" are enabled.

Manual Installation
    : Make sure any previous version of ButtonFacade has been removed. Extract the contents of the zip file to your add-ons directory exactly as they appear in the zip file. Log into the game. At the character select screen, click the "Addons" button and make sure that both "Masque" and "ButtonFacade" are enabled.
  • I created a skin for Masque. Now what?
    Upload your skin to either WoW Interface or Curse and then post a link to the skin on this page.

_

Last edited by StormFX; 10-12-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-26-2011   #3
StormFX
Amazing Member

Reserved
Old 08-27-2011   #4
hexiaqt

The problem actually went away once I made the frame "non-interactive" meaning I can't click off buffs. You are right however and I need to find a replacement sadface. Ty BF/Masque, I hope you never ever abandon it!
hexiaqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #5
StormFX
Amazing Member

No plans on that!
Old 08-29-2011   #6
skyesfury

Masque is not working with Bartender or Raven. No matter what I do, the skin remains the same.

Is there a previous version of ButtonFacade available?
skyesfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #7
Tomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
Masque is not working with Bartender or Raven. No matter what I do, the skin remains the same.

Is there a previous version of ButtonFacade available?
Masque and Raven work fine in my testing (I am the author of Raven) and it also seems to work with Bartender on my system. Which skin are you using? I test with about ten skins currently. I will add your skin to my testing and let you know what I find out.

Please make sure you scroll down in Raven's Defaults tab to near the end and verify that "Color Normal Texture" is enabled and "Color Border Texture" is disabled in the Masque/Button Facade section. This is the default setting now and I hope to phase out "Color Border Texture" entirely once all skins are updated. "Color Normal Texture" works well with all updated skins tested (although border color is sometimes hard or even impossible to see with really dark skins but there is not much can be done in those cases and there are usually lighter variants available).

Last edited by Tomber; 08-29-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Tomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #8
X-buZZ

Hi StormFx,

thank you for the major upgrade!
I took the chance and started to build my own Masque skin.
So far everything is working fine but I am not able to modify the text properties of the count-layer.
This is what it looks like:

Code:
Count = {
		Width = 20,
		Height = 40,
		Font = [[Fonts\ARIALN.ttf]],
		FontSize = 17,
		JustifyH = "RIGHT",
		JustifyV = "BOTTOM",
		OffsetX = 1,
		OffsetY = 1,
	},
No matter what FontSize I am trying, it does not change at all. Can you please point me to what is wrong?

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
X-buZZ

EDIT: Okay, now I feel really stupid. I missed the checkbox to enable 'Font settings' in the Masque global options ...

Last edited by X-buZZ; 08-29-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: solution found
X-buZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #9
Satina

I'm also having some issues getting masque and bartender4 to work. Since the patch this morning, and updating a few addons, masque only has global options, and no support for older 'BF' compatible addons (Bagnon, BT4... Buffs )
Satina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011   #10
StormFX
Amazing Member

@ Skysfury and Satina: Make sure that you have the included "ButtonFacade" add-on installed and enabled. This add-on forces Masque to load for add-ons still using ButtonFacade's API. If it's not installed or enabled, Masque will not work with those add-ons until they're updated.

I use Bartender4 myself and know for a fact that it works.

@ X-BuZZ: Haha.

@ Tomber: Just remember that 'Border' texture is the indicator texture. If it doesn't look good on some skins, tell the skin author about it rather than forcing the color onto the 'Normal' texture.