Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Unit Frames > Grid & Grid2
Grid & Grid2 Discussions regarding Grid & Grid2 goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007   #1591
stonecow

Default Re: Grid

Has anyone experienced any issues with Grid's indicators for incoming heals? Been doing AV since patch and it's been very iffy with showing my heals as incoming. Yes I have the option to ignore myself, off (i tried even turning it on to see if it would make a difference, it doesn't) Reinstalled Grid, same thing.

Before AV match started, I kept spamming FoL on myself to see if I could get it to work, and it would show, but very slow reaction, like 80% into the cast (which sux because FoL is very fast cast), whereas before the indicator would pop almost instantly. Once we all headed north into combat, the indicators for my incoming heals basically disappeared completely. I would occasionally see other people's but even then I'm not sure if it is catching some or all of others.

Have not gotten any errors from Grid and also reintalled it and the modules I used with its dependencies, no dice
Old 09-28-2007   #1592
halgrimm2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastamancer
Mind if I include this in Grid?
Be my guest.
Old 09-28-2007   #1593
danseku

Hi im having some problems with grid after 2.2
Its no longer clickable, any1 else have experienced this problem and know what to do?
Old 09-28-2007   #1594
Seerah
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyiee
I'm having a problem with grid that just started today.

It shows people out of range that aren't really out of range, they are still in range by a few yards. It seems the yard range is a few yards shorter than it was - this just started happening to me today.

Also, where are you guys getting the latest version of grid? I think my version is kinda old which may be a reason its malfunctioning.
http://files.wowace.com
Old 09-28-2007   #1595
Azethoth
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanx
Just add it yourself... use GridLayoutsForHealers as a model to feed in your own custom layouts. Much better solution than asking the author to include 500,000 custom layouts for everyone and their mother in the base addon.
Except for the part where 5 man is the most frequent layout for most people...
Old 09-28-2007   #1596
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I wanted a 5-man layout... Grid was designed as a raid unit-frame addon, and although the Blizzard API considers a party inside an arena zone a raid, it's not a raid. Use party frames for parties, raid frames for raids, IMO.
Please don't PM me about addon bugs, requests, or code help. Post a comment, ticket, or thread instead!
Old 09-28-2007   #1597
joshwill80

I use Grid for 5 mans also, mainly because of where Grid is positioned on my screen. Grid is more quickly accessible for healing than my Pitbull party frames.
Old 09-28-2007   #1598
maia
Amazing Member

Actually, I've been using Grid as party frames from the first day I started coding the first pieces.
Old 09-28-2007   #1599
kunda

yep
a well configured Grid should be number one choice for healers ... 2 or 40 ppl party

but:

Practical wisdom depends on habit. ...
Old 09-29-2007   #1600
stonecow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecow
Has anyone experienced any issues with Grid's indicators for incoming heals? Been doing AV since patch and it's been very iffy with showing my heals as incoming. Yes I have the option to ignore myself, off (i tried even turning it on to see if it would make a difference, it doesn't) Reinstalled Grid, same thing.

Before AV match started, I kept spamming FoL on myself to see if I could get it to work, and it would show, but very slow reaction, like 80% into the cast (which sux because FoL is very fast cast), whereas before the indicator would pop almost instantly. Once we all headed north into combat, the indicators for my incoming heals basically disappeared completely. I would occasionally see other people's but even then I'm not sure if it is catching some or all of others.

Have not gotten any errors from Grid and also reintalled it and the modules I used with its dependencies, no dice
K tested some more, looks like I'm only seeing my own incoming heals on myself and other people's incoming heals. But can't see inc heals that I cast on other people

No else has this problem?

Edit: Ok after even more testing, seems I can see the incoming heal status icons for my casts only on people on my server. Guess that's why I was seeing when I heal myself. I did av with my guildie, and i could see the incoming heal i cast on him, as well as on some other random people from my server that happened to be in the same av. Everyone else still doesn't show.
Closed Thread

Tags
grid