Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Unit Frames > Grid & Grid2
Grid & Grid2 Discussions regarding Grid & Grid2 goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010   #3001
warcraftic

Default Re: Grid

Phanx, with the latest update (1293) I get a few errors with some of the Grid extensions. For now I will revert to a previous release.

1x GridIndicatorSideText-1.0\GridIndicatorSideText.lua:9: attempt to index global 'GridStatus' (a nil value)

1x GridManaBars-1.01\GridStatusMana.lua:5: attempt to index global 'GridStatus' (a nil value)

1x ...\GridIndicatorCornerText\GridIndicatorCornerTex t.lua:8: attempt to index global 'GridStatus' (a nil value):
Old 04-23-2010   #3002
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Yes, those are to be expected with outdated plugins. Grid's changelog clearly indicated that this release (1.30300.1290) required most plugins to be updated. I personally updated all of the plugins hosted with open repositories here on WowAce/CurseForge, and sent PMs to the authors of plugins on WoWI, or with closed repositories. The changes were made to Grid on December 27th, and the release wasn't pushed until April 15th -- plugin authors had over four months to update their plugins.

GridManaBars, according to its changelog, was updated for the changes on December 28th. Make sure you have the latest version.

If no updates are available for those plugins, and those are the only errors you're seeing, you should be able to fix them by adding this to the top of each file indicated:

Code:
local GridStatus = Grid:GetModule("GridStatus")
Please don't PM me about addon bugs, requests, or code help. Post a comment, ticket, or thread instead!

Last edited by Phanx; 04-23-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-23-2010   #3003
Elkano
Super Moderator

Well, Phanx, GridManaBars was updated but as it seems only partially, GridStatus was missed ^^

GridSideIndicators also wasn't updated, yet.
Old 04-23-2010   #3004
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

I went ahead and committed fixes to GridManaBars, GridSideIndicators, GridDynamicLayout, and GridStatusLifebloom. Not sure how I missed that many when I committed fixes back in December or January.

I can't do anything about GridIndicatorCornerText or GridIndicatorSideText, since they don't have repositories here. Pester their authors.
Please don't PM me about addon bugs, requests, or code help. Post a comment, ticket, or thread instead!
Old 04-23-2010   #3005
Dridzt

Add GridStatusAurasExt to the list
Old 04-23-2010   #3006
Rafy

Can anything be done to Grid_QuickHealth?

With this latest releases keep giving the "attempt to index global 'GridStatus' (a nil value)"

Last edited by Rafy; 04-23-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2010   #3007
warcraftic

Hmm. I will stay with the version of all these that works then. Is there any reason why we should upgrade to the latest version of Grid? It just removes unnecessary globals, right? Makes sense for most to just stick with the version from a couple days ago that works with the Grid plugins...until they are all updated.
Old 04-23-2010   #3008
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Add GridStatusAurasExt to the list
I already fixed that one, back in January. Grab the latest alpha from the project page; its author hasn't pushed a release version since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy View Post
Can anything be done to Grid_QuickHealth?
It's marked as Abandoned; I'm not touching it. However, it looks like someone already committed a fix, the day after the changes were made to Grid back in December. Grab the latest alpha from the page you linked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcraftic View Post
Hmm. I will stay with the version of all these that works then. Is there any reason why we should upgrade to the latest version of Grid? It just removes unnecessary globals, right? Makes sense for most to just stick with the version from a couple days ago that works with the Grid plugins...until they are all updated.
No. I wouldn't have pushed a release version simply to remove some globals... and I was going to do that, I'd have pushed the release 4 months ago when I removed the globals. The current release contains tons of bugfixes. Rather than sticking your head in the sand and using an outdated and unsupported version, or complaining to me, you should complain to the plugin authors who had over 4 months to make a very minor change to their plugins and didn't bother to do it.

I'm also pretty confused by the fact that I pushed the release version a week ago, but nobody seemed to update until yesterday. Did it really take a week for the release version to sync to Curse.com?
Old 04-23-2010   #3009
Rafy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
It's marked as Abandoned; I'm not touching it. However, it looks like someone already committed a fix, the day after the changes were made to Grid back in December. Grab the latest alpha from the page you linked.
Tried with latest Grid r1293 and the last Grid_QuickHealth r35 and still appears the message

Message: ...terface\AddOns\Grid_QuickHealth\Grid_QuickHealt h.lua line 15:
attempt to index global 'GridStatus' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
...terface\AddOns\Grid_QuickHealth\Grid_QuickHealt h.lua:15: in main chunk

being abandoned i guess we have to wait something
Old 04-23-2010   #3010
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Well, I'm still not touching it.

But, the fix I described in my post further up this page should work for you.
Closed Thread

Tags
grid