Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2006   #1
tripex2

Default ClearFont and ClearFont2 - Official thread

Okok, beat me please.

Since there was no news on the official ClearFont page, neither on the different AddonPages, I thought this was another addon just with the same name.

I took a look into the Changelog.txt and see: It's the fabolous ClearFont itself. ^^

Sry for this, could be deleted/closed.
Old 12-16-2006   #2
ZealotOnAStick

Default Re: ClearFont @ WoWAce/Files

Yep. Kirkburn has been on the Ace IRC today, and got setup on the svn.
Old 12-16-2006   #3
Evil Elvis

And here I just started writing (*cough*ripping-off-clearfont-fontabulous) an ace2 font-changing mod.
Old 12-16-2006   #4
ZealotOnAStick

I don't think ClearFont currently -uses- any Ace2 stuff. There may be room for competition . . .
Old 12-16-2006   #5
mattftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotOnAStick
I don't think ClearFont currently -uses- any Ace2 stuff. There may be room for competition . . .
as much as i love aced addons, not everything in the world needs to be aced.
Old 12-16-2006   #6
Evil Elvis

There wouldn't be any real benefit to having it ace'd per say, but I want to have a way to change the font and size in-game, like you used to be able to do with fontabulous.

Writing an ace option table is easier than building a frame, and the overhead would be almost nil for anyone running any other ace addons.
Old 12-16-2006   #7
kirkburn2

Guess I should start posting here too now :P

Gonna start a new official topic, but in response to the stuff brought up here - I haven't made an options screen for a couple of reasons:

1. I'm not that good at coding (yet
2. It'll be hard to maintain if it's a completely in-depth options screen (the number of options would be mind blowing)
3. It makes it harder to make your own stuff

I do want to do a simple font switch and scale option, as that's wouldn't restrict people editing the lua, and would be just generally useful
Old 12-16-2006   #8
kirkburn2

Default ClearFont and ClearFont2 - Official thread

ClearFont, clouted with the clarity cod!
Wiki page: ClearFont2
This is essentially the same as the current WoWI/CG/WorldofWar version, except that it does not include the [WoW directory]\Fonts\ folder and files for obvious reasons. You can easily recreate them - check the supplied readme file for info, or see the UI sites or official website.
'Final' version: http://www.wowace.com/files/ClearFon...ont-r20853.zip

• In-game font scaler!
  • In-game font switcher!
  • Split base code, default design and custom design files, so the base code can be updated without messing with any of your design changes
  • The ability to add fonts without editing the base code. You can quickly create FontPack addons with little coding
For more info on the above, see the included Readme.txt file!

You can find it on http://www.wowace.com/files/, or on WAU:
  • ClearFont2 - the main code (standalone, required)
  • ClearFont2_FontPack_1 - a font pack plugin by EvilElvis (optional extra font choices!)

[font=Calibri,Arial]Note: font switching does not currently work 'on the fly' for some addons. For these, you will need to reload the UI to change the font - just do /rl

[b]Request: if you find out more details about what line controls what part of the WoW UI please list it here so I can add it to the Design.lua file! Thanks!!
Old 12-16-2006   #9
Evil Elvis

There's really only 2 thing the option screen needs to have:
1) Font
2) Size

I mean, I guess you could have a toggle switch to set what areas of the game are affected by the font, but that wouldn't be too difficult either.

Anyway, I've attached the code I had written so far. It's mostly dry-code, and it doesn't work yet. It's also missing the font-scaling from clearfont/fontabulous.

Anyway, if you want to use any of my code for ClearFont, feel free. If a few weeks go bye, and I still can't change my font/size in game, I might take it up though

Edit: Thought I'd tell you how I was thinking of handling "font packs". change the "local fonts = {..}" stuff to "eeFonts.fonts = {..}". Then get rid of the path to the eeFonts folder I had put in ApplyFont and just put it in the eeFonts.fonts filename.

Font packs would then be their own addons, which used eeFonts as dependancy. Upon being loaded, they would access the eeFonts.font array, and insert their own font information into the array. You'd never have to edit any lua this way.
Attached Files
File Type: rar eeFonts.rar (766.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 12-16-2006   #10
kirkburn2

Oooh, I'll certainly look at it, thanks

Btw, main CF thread is now here: http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=3515.0
Closed Thread