Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 01-08-2007   #1
grennon

Default Postal (was GMail2): Updated

Postal divides the many mail features into smaller portions and may eventually use the module system (e.g. Prat). Currently, you can delete the folder for any module you do not wish to use. There isn't a bulkmail GUI finished yet but there is a better Speedmail functionality as described below.

Postal_Express:
Shift_Click to get item/money from mail.
Ctrl_Click to return item.
If the sendmail frame is open, alt-clicking an item will attach it. If there is a name in the To: field, it will send the item to that person. Used with Postal_DejaVu this means you have a gui-less mass-mail.

Postal_TradeBlock:
Blocks trades while mailframe is open

Postal_DejaVu:
Autofills the name of the last person you mailed. UPDATED: Also remembers the last 15 people you have mailed and allows you to scroll the list with the UP/DOWN arrows in the SendMail Name Editbox. Right now this data is not saved between sessions.

Postal_Wire:
If the subject field is empty, this autofills it if you add money to the mail.

Postal_Forward:
Adds a Forward button to mails. Done but not fully tested or hardened. This should only be tested by coders who can fix bugs right now.

Postal_OpenAll:
This adds an "Open All" button that tries to get money/items from all your mails and purge them. By default right now, it does not attempt to purge blank mails. This may seem slower than gmail1's Open All but its because its also much safer and wait for money/item events before proceeding to next message.

Postal_Select:
Adds checkboxes to the inbox and Open/Return Selected buttons.

Postal_Bulk:
This isn't committed to branch yet. The big holdup here is the gui. I really don't to add a tab to the game mailUI for many good reasons. Here is a screenshot proving this isn't vapor. I am trying to make it like BulkMail but with hard coded lua instead of acegui. Mind you, this gui is not finished yet at all. In the meantime, DejaVu+Express offers a nice solution for sending lots of mails.

Postal_BlackBook: new
This is a 20 person contact list popup window. It also lets you select a mail recipient from your friends list.
grennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #2
narak2

Default Re: Postal (was GMail2)

Nice. Still using Gmail atm. Unfortunately, my huge lack of knowledge in lua means I won't use it until it gets further developed, but I'm looking forward to it.
narak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #3
vytae

sounds great and the bulk mail looks like it is coming along nicely. Will be nice to have one mod do the job instead of 2 or more.
Old 01-08-2007   #4
durcyn

one option for bulk mail... remember the recipient and auto-send mail once the item is dropped (or alt-clicked) instead of maintaining a queue list, much the same way Fence auto posts auctions on alt click.
durcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #5
grennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by durcyn
one option for bulk mail... remember the recipient and auto-send mail once the item is dropped (or alt-clicked) instead of maintaining a queue list, much the same way Fence auto posts auctions on alt click.
Hrm. Currenlty there is Alt-Click to Attach in Postal_Express. I suppose there could be a flag to change this to Alt-Click to Send. Or maybe another binding altogether.

Or maybe this could go in another module called Postal_AltSend.

What do you guys think?
Old 01-08-2007   #6
grennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grennon
Quote:
Hrm. Currenlty there is Alt-Click to Attach in Postal_Express. I suppose there could be a flag to change this to Alt-Click to Send. Or maybe another binding altogether.

Or maybe this could go in another module called Postal_AltSend.

What do you guys think?
Expounding on my own idea, how about this behavior....

1. Postal_DejaVu already autofills the name with the guy you just mailed.

2. Postal_Express will alt-click to attach an item to a mail.

Solution:
I could just add a check and if the Name box contains a name, then Express could send a mail after attaching the item.

I think this would also tide people over until the BulkFrame is done.
Old 01-09-2007   #7
grennon

Quote:
Postal now does this. Its performed by the Postal_Express plugin. Now I no longer need to run bulkmail while I get my own bulkmail running.
Old 01-09-2007   #8
lapalapa

Send a message via ICQ to lapalapa

any ETA on trunk release? cant wait to try it out, but my SVN client simply cant connect to wowace svn (getting 500 internal error all the time)

lapalapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #9
SilencerFA

At the moment I have GMail running . But I would like to try out postal to help in submitting bugs etc.

Can I run postal with a german client too or does postal need explicit translation to run on a german client?

Greetings

Timo
SilencerFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007   #10
ChriS2k

I am also using Gmail atm.
Will switch to this one soon
ChriS2k is offline   Reply With Quote