Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Raid AddOns
Raid AddOns BigWigs, LittleWigs, oRA2, Omen, etc..

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011   #661
Dridzt

Default Re: LittleWigs

Nice writeup but if I wanted so extreme hand-holding I'd use another bossmod.

LittleWigs should stay with the BigWigs philosophy of "warnings + timers, not tactic".

Tell me what's happening, let me decide what to do about it.
Old 12-08-2011   #662
Lothaer

Yeah the "Do this" part of the writeup could be left out but there are some pretty dumb players out there, i wipped on Azshara twice because stupid people didnt interupt her (im a holy priest i dont have a interupt).

on a side note I just realized i resurected a thread that had been dormant for almost 8 months, atleast I posted in the correct threat, well the one the LittleWigs Overview page sent me to anyway.

Last edited by Lothaer; 12-08-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2012   #663
Zidomo
Amazing Member

All the LittleWigs: Lich King modules bug out with the current release/forward alphas of BigWigs (r8950-release/r8955).

In the Big Wigs Encounters options, all the dungeon names are visible on the left side of the options panel. But click one of them (for example, Violet Hold), an error is thrown up and the module options never load:

Code:
["message"] = "BigWigs_Options-r8954\\Options.lua:763: We wanted to show options for the zone \"536\", but it does not have any modules registered.\nBigWigs_Options-r8954\\Options.lua:763: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\BigWigs_Options\\Options.lua:751>\n<in C code>: in function `Show'\nInterface\\FrameXML\\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:28: in function `InterfaceOptionsList_DisplayPanel':\nInterface\\FrameXML\\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:46: in function `InterfaceOptionsListButton_OnClick':\n<string>:\"*:OnClick\":2: in function <[string \"*:OnClick\"]:1>\n",
            ["type"] = "error",
            ["locals"] = {
                "frame = <unnamed> {\n 0 = <userdata>\n cancel = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\BigWigs_Options\\Options.lua:848\n parent = \"Big Wigs Encounters\"\n refresh = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\BigWigs_Options\\Options.lua:848\n hidden = false\n addonname = \"BigWigs\"\n default = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\BigWigs_Options\\Options.lua:848\n name = \"The Violet Hold\"\n okay = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\BigWigs_Options\\Options.lua:848\n id = 536\n}\nzone = 536\nmultiple = nil\nzoneModules = <table> {\n Caverns of Time = <table> {\n }\n 756 = <table> {\n }\n 4 = <table> {\n }\n 819 = <table> {\n }\n Dragonblight = <table> {\n }\n 820 = <table> {\n }\n 759 = <table> {\n }\n 775 = <table> {\n }\n Dalaran = <table> {\n }\n 768 = <table> {\n }\n 696 = <table> {\n }\n 758 = <table> {\n }\n 824 = <table> {\n }\n 747 = <table> {\n }\n Coldarra = <table> {\n }\n 789 = <table> {\n }\n 3 = <table> {\n }\n 780 = <table> {\n }\n 764 = <table> {\n }\n Zul'Drak = <table> {\n }\n 535 = <table> {\n }\n 782 = <table> {\n ", -- [1]
                "}\n 604 = <table> {\n }\n 752 = <table> {\n }\n 799 = <table> {\n }\n 753 = <table> {\n }\n 800 = <table> {\n }\n 754 = <table> {\n }\n 757 = <table> {\n }\n The Storm Peaks = <table> {\n }\n The Frozen Halls = <table> {\n }\n}\nAceGUI = <table> {\n objPools = <table> {\n }\n RegisterAsContainer = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:521\n RegisterWidgetType = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:559\n WidgetBase = <table> {\n }\n RegisterAsWidget = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:537\n counts = <table> {\n }\n LayoutRegistry = <table> {\n }\n GetLayout = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:583\n GetWidgetVersion = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:613\n Create = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:172\n GetWidgetCount = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:607\n GetNextWidgetNu", -- [2]
                "m = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:596\n WidgetRegistry = <table> {\n }\n WidgetVersions = <table> {\n }\n RegisterLayout = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:573\n Release = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:206\n ClearFocus = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:257\n WidgetContainerBase = <table> {\n }\n SetFocus = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Ace3\\AceGUI-3.0\\AceGUI-3.0.lua:247\n}\nL = <table> {\n Show addon warnings = \"Show addon warnings\"\n About = \"About\"\n ICON = \"Icon\"\n You are running an ALPHA RELEASE of Big Wigs %s (revision %d) = \"You are running an ALPHA RELEASE of Big Wigs %s (revision %d)\"\n You are running an official release of Big Wigs %s (revision %d) = \"You are running an official release of Big Wigs %s (revision %d)\"\n raidiconDesc = \"Some encounter scripts use raid icons to mark players that are of special interest to you", -- [3]
                "r group. For example 'bomb'-type effects and mind control. If you turn this off, you won't mark anyone.\n\n|cffff4411Only applies if you're either the group leader or promoted!|r\"\n License = \"License\"\n soundDesc = \"Messages might come with a sound. Some people find it easier to listen for these after they've learned which sound goes with which message, as opposed to reading the actual messages.\n\n|cffff4411Even when off, the default raid warning sound might be played by incoming raid warnings from other players. That sound, however, is different from the sounds we use.|r\"\n There are people in your group with older versions or without Big Wigs. You can get more details with /bwv. = \"There are people in your group with older versions or without Big Wigs. You can get more details with /bwv.\"\n Profiles = \"Profiles\"\n List abilities in group chat = \"List abilities in group chat\"\n Minimap icon = \"Minimap icon\"\n blizzardDesc = \"Blizzard provides their own messages for some abi", -- [4]
                "lities on some encounters. In our opinion, these messages are both way too long and descriptive. We try to produce smaller, more fitting messages that do not interfere with th", -- [5]
            },
            ["session"] = 5393,
            ["counter"] = 1,
        }, -- [981]
Same error repeats with different zone numbers trying to click any LittleWigs LK instance name in the Big Wigs Encounters options.
Old 09-18-2012   #664
cardo1410

plz update all

cu cardo_
Old 11-26-2012   #665
myrroddin
Amazing Member

Send a message via MSN to myrroddin

I've noticed that when I returned for MoP, that LittleWigs' modules are saying "dependency missing" on my addons list, and what is missing is LittleWigs. I removed everything using the Curse Client, used Get More Addons and found three listings (LittleWigs, LittleWigs: Lich King, LittleWigs: Burning Crusade). In game, however, these modules are giving the message:
  • LittleWigs [Auchindoun]
  • LittleWigs [Coilfang Reservoir]
  • LittleWigs [Magister's Terrace]
It seems to be just those three, and not the entire Burning Crusade suite, and Lich King and LittleWigs itself work fine.

BigWigs and all the modules I have installed for it work fine as well.
Old 11-26-2012   #666
funkydude
Administrator

Non-MoP LW modules are broken even if they didn't have that dependency. I'm struggling for time as it is to finish MoP modules, I doubt i'll get round to fixing old ones.
Old 11-26-2012   #667
Dridzt

I usually try to contribute logs and an opinion on what abilities should have timers and or warnings for past expansions but honestly the way Blizz has tuned "heroics" this time around it's inconsequential.

Everything is ignorable the moment you can step into them.

In my opinion LW would be much more useful in challenge mode atm but unfortunately I have only a handful of runs there and don't expect to do more for some time.
Old 12-28-2012   #668
Ydrisselle

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
I've noticed that when I returned for MoP, that LittleWigs' modules are saying "dependency missing" on my addons list, and what is missing is LittleWigs. I removed everything using the Curse Client, used Get More Addons and found three listings (LittleWigs, LittleWigs: Lich King, LittleWigs: Burning Crusade). In game, however, these modules are giving the message:
  • LittleWigs [Auchindoun]
  • LittleWigs [Coilfang Reservoir]
  • LittleWigs [Magister's Terrace]
It seems to be just those three, and not the entire Burning Crusade suite, and Lich King and LittleWigs itself work fine.

BigWigs and all the modules I have installed for it work fine as well.
Right now LittleWigs:BC seems to be missing completely. It's neither on Curse nor on WoWAce.
Old 01-01-2013   #669
gamingfossil

Exclamation Re: LittleWigs

It's a safe bet that too much of the code for BC LittleWigs is outdated badly enough that it would need a complete and total rewrite from scratch, and nobody's had time to step up to the plate. I'd consider giving it a go myself except that I'm really bad at script writing and coding.

That, and the fact that the average BC dungeon, even in heroic mode, can probably now be soloed and facerolled by any decently geared 90. They can stand right in the fire, heal through damage spikes, laugh in every boss' face as they sledgehammer them down.
Closed Thread