Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 03-21-2010   #3341
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Default Re: Recount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drokk View Post
Is there any way to get the data from my Alts to show up when I switch characters, ie is there a global, per-account database option somewhere for Recount?
No. Collected data is stored in character-specific saved variables files. If it were saved in the account-wide file (an addon can only have one account-wide file, and one character-specific file per character) the file would quickly grow too large to load; as it is, it's not too difficult to exceed the maximum table size for a single character's data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
How do I show mor than the last 5 fights? (e.g. the 10 last boss fights)
Esc > Interface Options > Recount

Adjust the slider labeled "Recorded Fights".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snargul View Post
Now the people might actually see that highest GS doesn't mean highest damage done or healing.
1. "Highest healing" is meaningless anyway.

2. People who believe that your "gear score" says anything meaningful about your performance potential or your skill as a player are morons, plain and simple, and aren't going to give up their e-peen-affirming belief simply because another addon says it's wrong. They don't want to learn, or think. That's why they like "gear score" addons so much — it gives them a single number by which to judge others. They don't care if that number isn't really meaningful. Holding it up as gospel is way less work than actually thinking about things like class and encounter mechanics, role requirements, and proven performance.
Please don't PM me about addon bugs, requests, or code help. Post a comment, ticket, or thread instead!
Phanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #3342
Clarx

After updating 3 AddOns (MiKs, EnsidiaFails, TipTac) I got these weird bars.
At least that was when I noticed it, aswell I dont have it on my main.

Instead of expanding the layout throughout the whole bar, it is done within several "intervals":

I have tried and disabled other AdOns 1 by 1, especially those using bars aswell (like AG_Units, Quartz ... etc), but am unable to find the error.

Any idea ?
Clarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #3343
Elsia
Legendary Member

Tried to reproduce and it's neither recount nor a chance on Blizzard's side.

There are a few options: You have a different BantoBar texture file, a different shared media library, or an addon that hooks how status bars are rendered. To test, disable all other addons.
Elsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #3344
Starinnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsia View Post
Tried to reproduce and it's neither recount nor a chance on Blizzard's side.

There are a few options: You have a different BantoBar texture file, a different shared media library, or an addon that hooks how status bars are rendered. To test, disable all other addons.
Its the new tiling effects on StatusBars from Blizz actually. After setting a texture you call
Code:
:GetStatusBarTexture():SetHorizTile(false)
:GetStatusBarTexture():SetVertTile(false)
And that tiling behavior will disappear. I had problems reproducing this for my own addons, but that code removed the behavior from all people reporting an issue.

Last edited by Starinnia; 03-27-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Starinnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #3345
Elsia
Legendary Member

Ah I see. Thanks, I committed a fix.
Old 03-28-2010   #3346
Snargul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
1. "Highest healing" is meaningless anyway.

2. People who believe that your "gear score" says anything meaningful about your performance potential or your skill as a player are morons, plain and simple, and aren't going to give up their e-peen-affirming belief simply because another addon says it's wrong.
1. True, luckily our realm seems quite smart about this in that no one really ever posts the healing meters, even in pugs. Useful for viewing how and who people are healing though. Even in the damage list side I find myself mostly comparing who did most damage to adds etc rather than the absolute list of who's best dps.

2. Sadly, that's probably true. Too common a phenomenon to have people stick to their ideas even if they're proven wrong.
Still, was just saying, the whole addon doesn't make sense and the recount plugin doesn't make sense in the grand scale, but if you zoom closely in to the nonsense end of the spectrum, the recount plugin makes slightly more sense than just GS alone. Heck, I even posted the simple formula on "how to calculate your gearscore without the addon" to our guild website to show how absurd it is that people are using that to evaluate your performance. Maybe I should post it in the realm forums :P

On topic, I still think it's rather confusing to have 2 different sets of configuration windows that mostly overlap. Would it be possible to add the "recorded fights" slider to the normal options as well. Or I guess this is more simple: in the regular config have a button to the /recount GUI to remind me it exists and might have some other (new?) options I'd like to adjust?
Snargul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #3347
Clarx

Awesome - thanks for the fix !

P.S.: Sorry that I didnt point out that the "charcoal" layout had the same prob, just as there is no left-to-right light/dark effect, it showed up as beeing ok
Clarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #3348
Radoznali

i saw update on Failbot lib-can we get update of RecountFailbot for ICC?or is it enough to replace old lib in addon with new lib?
Radoznali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #3349
Elsia
Legendary Member

Either way works, I just tagged the fail module for a refresh.
Old 04-01-2010   #3350
Elsia
Legendary Member

I'm looking to release a new version of Recount today after a major rewrite. It will include most requests made by users, plus the best ideas of Recount 2.

Here some highlights:

*) Support infinite combat log range. By using an undocumented feature of the WoW API, Recount will now be able to see all combat log events within an instance making all syncing impossible and guarantee full accuracy.
*) Drastic performance increases. Using a probabilistic method called compressed sensing, Recount only samples a small subset of combat log events and still gets an accurate picture of what is going on. This increases performance by a large factor while keeping the accuracy constant. This means we can now store all the detail we want without creating lots of memory accumulation. A typical raid night can be stored at less than 1MB addon memory now and you can keep details of all boss fights and trash!
*) Filter everything. You can now filter by every possible variable. For example if you want to see which boss spell did got resisted how much by a specific potion, you can do that!
*) Multiple window support. Recount supports infinite number of windows. So if you want to see who has the highest DPS, you can have one window per combatant for it!
*) Full configurability of the interface. You want to change the font size of every single letter, you can do it? You want the bars to be sorted horizontally instead of vertically? Done! You want your layout to be copied across characters, accounts or your facebook acount? No problem!
*) Perfect DPS formula. We have developed a DPS formula that is robust against any arguing by using the world clock as standard to define a notion of universal time. In addition a complete model of all talents allows us to create an accurate and fair representation of damage done over time for all classes and all trees. So now if DPS says 3000 and someone else has 2999, you know you are that much better!

Available on your curse.org client later today!

Edit: This was posted on April 1, 2010, and yes it was a joke.

Last edited by Elsia; 04-08-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Tags
recount damage meter, recountthreat