Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Raid AddOns
Raid AddOns BigWigs, LittleWigs, oRA2, Omen, etc..

Old 07-10-2007   #1
criss2

Default BossWhisperer

How do you configure this thing?

I notice it replying to people during fights but I don't see their whispers. I know it's hiding them from me, but where is it putting them so I can go back and check them after the fight?
criss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #2
illepic

Default Re: BossWhisperer

Had the same question too I see me reply to a set of people at the end of a fight, but I never see their tells! Not that I'm really complaining...if it's important enough to whisper me during boss fights, it's important enough to catch me when I'm less busy!
illepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #3
Rabbit
Super Moderator

Feel free to provide me with patches for this mod.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #4
manub

Would be great if you can configure to ignore whisper or just to see them (with setting DnD). Sometimes I wanna reply some whispers even if I'm fighting bosses... I'd like also being able to set a custom message. Ofc, if feedback is welcome
manub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #5
Rabbit
Super Moderator

While feedback is welcome, I will not act on it.

People are free to sign up for SVN accounts and start hacking away on the mod whenever they want.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #6
criss2

Quote:
Originally Posted by manub
Would be great if you can configure to ignore whisper or just to see them (with setting DnD). Sometimes I wanna reply some whispers even if I'm fighting bosses... I'd like also being able to set a custom message. Ofc, if feedback is welcome
just switch to deadly boss mods, that's what i ended up doing. since i don't code lua hacking up the mod wasn't really an option for me. DBM has this built in already, even though it isn't ace I didn't seem to take too big of a fps/memory hit.
Old 07-26-2007   #7
criss2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkydude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss
Quote:
just switch to deadly boss mods, that's what i ended up doing. since i don't code lua hacking up the mod wasn't really an option for me. DBM has this built in already, even though it isn't ace I didn't seem to take too big of a fps/memory hit.
this addon was made for people switching away from DBM, your post is useless.
while this is true (i switched away from dbm to bigwigs) and missed the whisper functionality in dbm which led me to this. however no one seems to be willing to write a config based on slash commands at the very least. yes it hides your whispers, but it would be nice to get them at the end of the fight or something... having them just vanish into thin air is a bit annoying. this ultimately drove me back to dbm.
Old 07-26-2007   #8
funkydude
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this addon was made for people switching away from DBM, your post is useless.
while this is true (i switched away from dbm to bigwigs) and missed the whisper functionality in dbm which led me to this. however no one seems to be willing to write a config based on slash commands at the very least. yes it hides your whispers, but it would be nice to get them at the end of the fight or something... having them just vanish into thin air is a bit annoying. this ultimately drove me back to dbm.
Your choice, i don't see how you can choose a boss mod over another boss mod for a feature that has nothing to do with boss mods.
Old 07-26-2007   #9
criss2

Quote:
Your choice, i don't see how you can choose a boss mod over another boss mod for a feature that has nothing to do with boss mods.
it may not have a lot to do with boss mods, but it does have something to do with boss mods. i don't like getting 20 whispers whilst i'm in combat with a boss, and having something auto reply to players letting them know i'm currently in an encounter is a great aid. when you're a crafter with rare recipes people randomly whisper you asking to make items and such, and if you don't reply quickly the think you're rude and/or intentionally ignoring them (it's just human nature). so having something whisper back to let them know i'm busy atm and i'll get back to the asap is nice to have. i'm not here to debate the usefulness of one mod over another, but having whispers completely vanish isn't exactly the best way to handle them. i'm not a coder or i would mod this addon myself as i've already stated, i just wish that someone would improve upon it so i can go back to having my all ace ui.
Old 07-26-2007   #10
funkydude
Administrator

/dnd works a treat