Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > Raid AddOns
Raid AddOns BigWigs, LittleWigs, oRA2, Omen, etc..

Old 07-26-2007   #1
Starinnia

Default SimpleMD - Official Thread

Uploaded to the SVN today.

Broadcasts messages about misdirection to other hunters using the addon. These messages appear on their screen. Also, users can select a custom channel and enable a broadcast there for hunters that do not want to use the addon.

Features:
  • Alerts on casting misdirection with the target of the spell (auto-detects, so you can safely use macros)
  • Alerts on misdirection faded to let other hunters know that you are done
  • Periodic cooldown info (default is a warning at 30 seconds left, 10 seconds left, and MD is ready. There is an option for 60 seconds left that is off by default)
  • Optional Cooldown bars for you visual people
  • Now with Dewdrop menu so you don't have to wade through slash commands (/smd config)

Wiki

Alternatively, you can visit my GoogleCode site to look at my other projects, submit bug reports, or maybe even grab a Beta not on the wowace SVN.

Last edited by Starinnia; 10-01-2008 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Remove dead links
Starinnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #2
OrionShock
Legendary Member

Default Re: SimpleMD - Official Thread

Interesting. I'll have to consider using this on my hunter / Druid, as i often tank ( I like to know WTF is going on arround me as the tank)

Idea: Pass the "Show On Screen" to something like Soar-1.0 Lib / Sink-1.0 Lib. Or add showing in SCT as an option

Edit: I'd Rather Not poke someone in the eye this early in the thread

"I was there in the beginning... and things were very different back then" --An Echo from a time before.
OrionShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #3
Rabbit
Super Moderator

Check out AuraToChat, just do /atc add Misdirection.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #4
Starinnia

I plan to add Soar-1.0 in the next commit with a few other fixes and tweaks. Should be out tomorrow afternoon after some more testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit
Check out AuraToChat, just do /atc add Misdirection.
Definitely a much simpler addon than mine. I used that before writing this one. The hunters (and officers) in my guild wanted to see the cooldowns and fading in addition to the casts of Misdirection, just for some more coordination. But if all you care about is the cast, then you really should use Rabbit's addon.
Old 07-30-2007   #5
grasen

i'd really like to see an option to have this shout to raid warning. i have been useing a mod calld mdhelper that shouts to RW and have been very happy with it. however i really like this mod sending 30 and 10 sec warnings on the cooldown to the hunter channel. but cant seem to make it shout to the raid warning that i have cast MD and onto who.
grasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007   #6
Starinnia

Added an option to broadcast your casts and target to raid warning. Right now it is just the actual cast, nothing else. I can change that if needed.
Old 07-31-2007   #7
Fiercedeity

Would you consider the option of making timer bars in addition to broadcasts? That way you can have a visual at all times of the status of each Hunters MD cooldown.

I made a thread here about such an addon that I'd like to see: http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=7724.0

The idea is much like the old Simple Tranq Shot addon. Your addon seems like a good starting point if you'd like head into that direction.
Fiercedeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #8
Starinnia

Sure, I'll give it a shot. I've never made frames or GUI stuff before so it might take me a few tries to get it right, but I'll add it to my To-Do list.
Old 08-04-2007   #9
Starinnia

Now with cooldown bars (there is an option to disable) and a dewdrop menu (/smd config)
Old 08-05-2007   #10
Fiercedeity

Awesome. I'm going to give it a whirl now

EDIT: Ok I tried it out and its exactly what I wanted! Awesome job man

Some notes, I'll update it with my guilds suggestions too:

1)When fill direction is in reverse, how about leaving the bar there when it is full and something like "<Hunter> Ready!" on the bar, instead of having the bar disappear. That could be a option
2) Would it be possible to make the bar color options be the color picker instead of preset colors?
3) the Bar Width slider is very screwy. The only way to get the width you want is to enter it in the box
4) Someone suggested the ability to right click the anchor to bring up the options drop down menu.
Fiercedeity is offline   Reply With Quote