Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 09-07-2007   #1
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

Default WoWEquip (Official Thread)

WoWEquip (Beta 1.1)

WoWEquip is an addon written by me in order to let people try on different gear and see their total stats and their differences when compared to something else, typically another set of gear.

In short, an ingame CT-Profiles addon with some stats comparison to allow profile comparisons.

You can get it right off http://www.wowace.com/projects/wowequip/ or using the Curse Client.

(Screenshot of Beta 1.0)

To use the addon after it is installed, use /wowequip to open the window. Alternatively, you can also open WoWEquip from the Dressing Room or the default UI's inspect window when you inspect others.

To change gear, left click on an equipment slot, and search/select from the search results in the bottom right. You can also send any item to the Dressing Room (ctrl-click a link/item) to try it on in WoWEquip when the WoWEquip window is open. To change the enchant/gems on that gear, right click on an equipment slot and find the enchant/gem you want in the menus.

Note that WoWEquip does not maintain any sort of item database, it only searches the items that exist in your local cache (items you have seen before since the last WoW patch), so if you can't find an item, get someone to link it to you or use Sniff or AtlasLoot Enhanced or something.

The F and S buttons provides some simple Filtering and Sorting options. The % button toggles between showing ratings and percentages in the Summary. The C button lets you choose what to compare the current equipment profile to, either to your currently equipped gear, or to an existing saved equipment profile.

The Copy Target button (the same button exists in the default Inspect UI window) allows you to copy a person's gear and see his equipment stats in WoWEquip as well as some Derived Stats when you scroll down. (Derived Stats meaning your total crit% gained from both agi and crit rating, etc from the gear.) There's a keybind you can add to inspect someone and you can quickly copy someone's gear and save his equipped profile to compare stats later.

You don't have to show the dressing room, I have merely attached the Dressing Room to the left of the WoWEquip window only when both are visible on screen at the same time.

WoWEquip is back for patch 3.1!

Try on different gear and see their total stats and their differences. In short, an ingame CT-Profiles-like addon.

Users of WoWEquip are encouraged to use the addon RatingBuster written by Whitetooth@Cenarius.

WoWEquip is currently in beta status, and additional tweaks and features are being done to the addon to improve it.

Note: This is an ingame addon and has no relation to the standalone EXE application called WoWEquip available at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-WowEquip.html developed by Danya.

WoWEquip does not work in my language!

For WoWEquip to work in your language, certain translations to detect items of what type they are must be included. For the most part, many of these languages already have translations. However, Sigils were introduced with WotLK, and still need to be updated for many languages.

Check if the LGII translation namespace needs to be updated for your language: (Translations for 6th and 7th return values (itemType, itemSubType) from GetItemInfo())
Additionally, if the stat calculations of gear is incorrect or missing a few numbers, it is because LibItemBonus-2.0 needs localization updates as well to support your language. Please report issues of gear stats not being correctly detected at http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=11962

Localization:

You can help to translate WoWEquip into your language here: http://www.wowace.com/projects/wowequip/localization/
Quirks:

• When the Dressing Room gets dragged offscreen, the model gets "flattened" (lol).
Known Issues:

• Dodge calculation isn't correct for any level/class but the player's (StatLogic).
  • Counterweights can be placed on anything rather than just 2h swords, maces, axes and polearms (WoWEquip).
Bug Reporting/Suggestions:

Last edited by Xinhuan; 05-22-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Xinhuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #2
Quaunaut

Default Re: WoWEquip

Damn Psychics stealing my obviously excellent addon ideas.
Quaunaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #3
Nickenyfiken

/cheer
This looks awesome, have to try after work.
Nickenyfiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #4
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaunaut
Damn Psychics stealing my obviously excellent addon ideas.
Oh I don't know, its just something that has long been overdue. :P
Old 09-08-2007   #5
hack2

Yay! sounds absolutely great! I have had a few guildies ask about this kind of mod.. going to point them this way now..
hack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #6
astaldo2

This looks great.

I think one of the requests that will come up is some sort of default gemming?
Since items are pulled from the cache it's probably unrealistic to ask for gems "on" the items,
but maybe an option to set some default gems (by color) and add their stats to the item bonus summary frame only?

Thanks for sharing your work.
astaldo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #7
shinja2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaldo
This looks great.

I think one of the requests that will come up is some sort of default gemming?
Since items are pulled from the cache it's probably unrealistic to ask for gems "on" the items,
but maybe an option to set some default gems (by color) and add their stats to the item bonus summary frame only?

Thanks for sharing your work.
Same here, very good addon, that only need to support gems/enchants.

Hum, why the dressing room is so shrinked when WoWEquip frame is show ?
shinja2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #8
Nemes

Excellent work!
Nemes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #9
Xinhuan
Asian Sheep Lover

WoWEquip already supports every gem/enchant in the game. You don't need them in your local cache for you to select any gem in the menus, the WoW generates the gem/enchant data on the client side.

I will consider how to implement default gemming.

Quote:
Hum, why the dressing room is so shrinked when WoWEquip frame is show ?
I've scaled it to 75% while it is attached to WoWEquip. I plan to add an option to change the size.
Old 09-08-2007   #10
Ninjaneer

Oh my god, with RatingBuster and MissRate, this could be one of the last pieces of the jigsaw puzzle for mad theorycrafting. For rogues, at least.
Ninjaneer is offline   Reply With Quote