Go Back   WowAce Forums > Addon Chat > Frameworks
Frameworks Framework Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007   #11
Tekkub
Wiki Master

Default Re: Suggestion: Rock and Dongle addons forum

We are an open community, we are not going to "block" users from the "developer" conversations (sorry honey, the adults are having a conversation here, why don't you go in the livingroom and watch Lion King with the other kids?). We are also not going to encourage segregation of the community based on the libraries used in addons, Rock addon users can drink out of the same fountain as the rest of us.
Old 09-18-2007   #12
OrionShock
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkub
We are an open community, we are not going to "block" users from the "developer" conversations (sorry honey, the adults are having a conversation here, why don't you go in the livingroom and watch Lion King with the other kids?). We are also not going to encourage segregation of the community based on the libraries used in addons, Rock addon users can drink out of the same fountain as the rest of us.
true.. but some people you look at their post count and you want to just beat them with a clue-by-4 and fore them to read threads and wiki till their eyes bleed that way they can ask an educated question in the dev corner. meh ... lesser of 2 evils i guess.

"I was there in the beginning... and things were very different back then" --An Echo from a time before.
Old 09-19-2007   #13
funkydude
Administrator

Can I beat you with a grammar stick?
Old 09-19-2007   #14
Starinnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionShock
true.. but some people you look at their post count and you want to just beat them with a clue-by-4 and fore them to read threads and wiki till their eyes bleed that way they can ask an educated question in the dev corner. meh ... lesser of 2 evils i guess.
True, some people just make your eyes bleed and cause you to pull out your own hair, but everyone starts somewhere. I didn't post for the first 2 months I was a member here because you all scared the shit out of me. (Especially you OrionShock :P ) And I didn't actually start developing for awhile, but I did read alot in the Dev corner, which finally got me fixing other addons then writing my own. So an open community has enormous benefits that hopefully outweigh the downside of noobish posts.

*Lends Funky his Grammar-Stick 5000 from the EJ forums*
Old 09-19-2007   #15
OrionShock
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkydude
Can I beat you with a grammar stick?
if i say yes will you be nice about it

"I was there in the beginning... and things were very different back then" --An Echo from a time before.
Old 09-19-2007   #16
OrionShock
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starinnia
I didn't post for the first 2 months I was a member here because you all scared the shit out of me. (Especially you OrionShock :P )
not really sorry for that :\ ... im an ass, i do CSR as a job... so i don't like stupid people who won't help them selfs first. i expect that of myself, to find the answer to my question on my own and then ask if i don't find anything. I expect it of others, and when they fail they get marked with a stupid sticker.

it's harsh but real..

**prepars to parry the gramer stick Starinnia gave Funkydude**

Old 09-19-2007   #17
Tekkub
Wiki Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionShock
This is a forum, you will always have those types in a forum, it's the fundamental law of the interwebs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starinnia
I didn't post for the first 2 months I was a member here because you all scared the shit out of me. (Especially you OrionShock :P ) [/color]
You are the kind of user I like. I hate the ones that show up and start looking like a clueless noob on their first post. Lurk around, get a feel for the place before you stand up and say "My name is Starinnia, and I'm an alcoholic."
Old 09-19-2007   #18
Bobbywich

So will there be a new subforum for Ace3 releases? All this talk about trying to get rid of framework bias yet we still have an Ace2 release section and an "everything else" section.
Old 09-19-2007   #19
Tekkub
Wiki Master

Ace3 addons? No. Ace3 libraries... it's already there.
Old 09-19-2007   #20
Srosh

Even though it was planned for a later date, maybe you should already collapse the two addons forums into one called "Addons" with the appropriate sub-forums.

Ace2 addons didn't suddenly get bad because there's Rock under the table and Ace3 on the horizon.
Closed Thread