Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 12-25-2007   #1
kunda

Default AuctionProfit

AuctionProfit saves information from your invoice auction house mails.

Code:
-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------- --
-- AuctionProfit by kunda                                                     --
-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------- --
--                                                                            --
-- AuctionProfit is a World of Warcraft AddOn that saves information from     --
-- your invoice auction house mails.                                          --
--                                                                            --
-- Features:                                                                  --
-- - saves server, buyer name, item name, auction count and profit from       --
--   invoice auction house mails                                              --
-- - sortable and searchable AuctionProfit window                             --
-- - shows profit in tooltip and under the sellername in the Auction House    --
--   (DISABLED by DEFAULT)                                                    --
-- - shows profit in player tooltip (DISABLED by DEFAULT)                     --
-- - all tooltip displays (AH, AuctionProfit window and Player Tooltip) are   --
--   optional and customizable (ALL DISABLED by DEFAULT)                      --
-- - GUI accessible via Interface Option Menu or Slash commands to view the   --
--   saved data                                                               --
--   slash commands: /ap - /auctionprofit                                     --
--          example: /ap         : open AuctionProfit GUI                     --
--                   /ap options : open AuctionProfit InterfaceOptionsFrame   --
-- AuctionProfit ONLY works if you:                                           --
-- 1.) DO NOT USE addons that auto collect money from your mails!             --
-- 2.) Click on an invoice auction house mail to OPEN it! Click the money!    --
-- ATTENTION:                                                                 --
-- - You MUST OPEN the invoice auction house mail!!! Without opening the mail --
--   no data is available to save!!!                                          --
-- - Using addons that automatically pulls out money from auction house mails --
--   or mails in general (like Postals 'Open all' or 'shift-click' feature)   --
--   can cause this addon not to save data from this mails.                   --
-- - AuctionProfit saves the localized item names, because it's not possible  --
--   to get an itemID from invoice auction house mails.                       --
--   I don't like localized item names, itemIDs are in all cases better, but  --
--   unless Blizzard is changing the API so it's possible to get the itemID   --
--   from an invoice auction house mail I will not change this.               --
-- - There is no way to get the item amount from invoice auction house mails. --
--   (read above)                                                             --
-- - There is currently no way to delete something from the AP database.      --
-- - Data is saved per server regardless of faction.                          --
-- - profit = buyout - consignment resp. profit = bid - consignment !!!       --
Download:
http://www.wowace.com/addons/auction-profit/files/

Enjoy!
kunda

Last edited by kunda; 10-17-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: update
kunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #2
lyly00

Default Re: AuctionProfit

Very nice Addon, I like it very much!

Is it possible to have an option to choose if AP shows the profit or the selling price? (If you want to remember how much you sold something to know at which price you will sell it this time, the selling price is much more useful than the profit)

It needs to remember the selling price or calculate it from the profit (the AH cut is always 5% for faction and I don't remember if it is the same for the neutral AH)

Thank you for this work!
lyly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #3
kunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyly00
Very nice Addon, I like it very much!

Is it possible to have an option to choose if AP shows the profit or the selling price? (If you want to remember how much you sold something to know at which price you will sell it this time, the selling price is much more useful than the profit)

It needs to remember the selling price or calculate it from the profit (the AH cut is always 5% for faction and I don't remember if it is the same for the neutral AH)

Thank you for this work!
Hmmm I think such a feature is better realized with an other addon.
I wrote a little addon that saves item notes and myAHsellprices, but it needs some major cleanup before I can release it to the public
Sure there are addons out there that can do this, but they do things that I do not want or has not the features I want in such an addon...
Old 02-19-2008   #4
lyly00

Thank you very much, I am looking forward trying this myAHsellprices! Do you think it will be possible to migrate the data from AuctionProfit to myAHsellprices?
lyly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #5
matt23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunda
AuctionProfit ONLY works if you:
1.) DO NOT USE addons that auto collect money from your mails!
2.) Click on an invoice auction house mail to OPEN it! Click the money!
As you say if I manually click on the mail then click on the money to take it the addon detects the transaction, if I then use the below marco the first time it records the transaction however each subsequent use of the macro no transaction is recorded. If I then manually click an auction the above pattern repeats.

/script GetInboxText(1); TakeInboxItem(1); TakeInboxMoney(1); DeleteInboxItem(1);

altering the macro to this doesn't seem to change the behaviour of an initial success but subsequent missed transactions. I can't seem to find any other calls that would perhaps "open" the message.

/script GetInboxHeaderInfo(1); GetInboxText(1); GetInboxItemLink(1,1); GetInboxItem(1,1); TakeInboxItem(1); TakeInboxMoney(1); DeleteInboxItem(1);

I know you have stated that the addon probably won't work using the macro, however it does seem to have some initial success, thought you might like to know.

matt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #6
kalirob2k6

Hey, I just want to say great addon ^_^b. But I'm having two errors when I use it recently Well, 3... but I think that could be attributed to MailInfo. I kind of need the reminders when mail is about to expire and such lol. So unless thats added to this I have to keep using it.
Error #1
Code:
[2008/03/31 13:26:41-616-x1]: ...uc-Advanced\Modules\Auc-Util-SearchUI\SearchMain.lua:421: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil):
...uc-Advanced\Modules\Auc-Util-SearchUI\SearchMain.lua:421: in main chunk:
 ---
Error #2
Code:
[2008/03/31 13:27:08-616-x1]: AuctionProfit-1.0\AuctionProfit.lua:1856: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'auctions' (a nil value)
AceAddon-2.0-57245 (Ace2):926: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceAddon-2.0\AceAddon-2.0.lua:919>
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (Ace2):260: in function `TriggerEvent'
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (Ace2):910: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:903>
 ---
Not to sure if you knew about these already, but I figure it cant hurt to post it anyways.

EDIT: By the way, any chance of you adding the features found in MailInfo to this mod? (Like the warning for expiring mail? I know its a bit off track but when you think about it most mail people get is from the AH) Just a thought though.
kalirob2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #7
pseudomega

When I receive money from an AH mail, I see the output in my chat window, but the AP window doesn't pop up like it used to.

When I click on the "AP" in my fubar, I get the following error:

Date: 2008-04-04 16:44:14
ID: 54
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ..\AddOns\AuctionProfit\AuctionProfit.lua line 2157:
attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'money' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
AuctionProfit\AuctionProfit.lua:2157:
AuctionProfit\AuctionProfit.lua:2153
AuctionProfit\AuctionProfit.lua:1281: FillList()
AuctionProfit\AuctionProfit.lua:1024: OnClick()
...AceProfitFu\libs\FuBarPlugin-2.0\FuBarPlugin-2.0.lua:947:
...AceProfitFu\libs\FuBarPlugin-2.0\FuBarPlugin-2.0.lua:944
FuBar\FuBar.lua:1200:
FuBar\FuBar.lua:1198
AddOns:
Ace, v1.4
AceGUI
AceProfit, v0.1
Atlas, v1.11.0
AtlasBattlegrounds, v1.11.0
AtlasDungeonLocs, v1.11.0
AtlasEntrances, v1.11.0
AtlasFlightPaths, v1.11.0
AtlasOutdoorRaids, v1.11.0
AtlasLoot, vAtlasLoot Enhanced v4.04.00
AtlasLootBCInstances, v4.04.00
AtlasLootOldInstances, v4.04.00
AtlasLootRepFactions, v4.04.00
AtlasLootSetsandPvP, v4.04.00
AtlasLootWorldLoot, v4.04.00
AucAdvanced, v5.0.PRE.2966
AucFilterBasic, v5.0.PRE.2966 (BillyGoat)
AucStatClassic, v5.0.PRE.2966 (BillyGoat)
AucStatPurchased, v5.0.PRE.2966 (BillyGoat)
AucStatSimple, v5.0.PRE.2966 (BillyGoat)
AucStatStdDev, v5.0.PRE.2966 (BillyGoat)
Auctioneer, v5.0.PRE.2887
AuctionProfit, v1.0
BagSort, v2.0.1
BagLady, v1.0
Bongos, vBeta.6
BongosAB, vBeta.6
BongosCastBar
BongosOptions
BongosRoll
BongosStats
BongosXP
Butsu, v1.5
Cartographer, vr67893
CartographerCleanup, v1.0
CartographerData, v1.0
CartographerFishing, v1.0
CatPoints, v0.2
CCBreaker, v0.5
Chinchilla, v1.0r67901
Enchantrix, v5.0.PRE.2966
EnchantrixBarker, v5.0.PRE.2966 (BillyGoat)
EnhTooltip, v5.0.PRE.2966
epgp, v3.3.2
EquipCompare, v2.12
EQL3, v3.7.1.20006
GFWAdSpace, v2.4
AceProfitFu, v0.1
FuBarAddonSpamFu, v1.0.0
FuBarAtlasFu
FuBarClockFu, v3.0
FuBarcombatTextFu, v20003-1
FuBarDurabilityFu, v2.0
FuBarExperienceFu, v1.1 $Revision: 65606 $
FuBarFactionItemsFu, v2.2.1
FuBarFactionsFu, v2.2
FuBarInnboundFu, v2.0
FuBarKillMeterFu, v1.0
FuBarMailFu, v2.0
FuBarMoneyFu, v20000-1
FuBarNavigatorFu, v1.0
FuBarRecountFu, v3.4
FuBarRestFu, v2.0
FuBarTopScoreFu, v2.0
FuBarToFu, v2.0
FuBarTrainerFu, v0.2
FuBarVoiceFu
FuBar, v60201
Gatherer, v3.1
Informant, v5.0.PRE.2966
JasonTag, v1.0
Ace2
Ace3
MobMap, vMobMap v1.60
Omen, vOmen r68082 / Threat-2.0 r68050
OneBag, v2.0.67228
OneRing, v2.0.55081
OneView, v2.0.55081
OptiTaunt, v0.61 - Build 68057
Quartz, v0.1.0
QuestHelper, v0.39
RecipeRadar, v1.25
Recount, v68052
SmartBuff, vv2.3b
SmartDebuff, vv2.3a
Stubby, v52
Swatter, v5.0.PRE.2966
VendorBait, vAlpha
WIM, v2.3.19
WowheadLooter, v2.4.0
DBMAPI
DBMGUI, v2.00
ZOMGBuffs, v68070
pseudomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #8
kunda

@kalirob2k6:
Error #1 looks like Auctioneer not AuctionProfit.
No, I will not add a warning for expiring mail feature.

@kalirob2k6 & pseudomega:
Sorry, I can't reproduce your errors.
Do you have manually changed something in the SavedVariables file?

Try the following:
download/install the latest version: http://files.wowace.com/AuctionProfit/AuctionProfit.zip

1.)
- DISABLE ALL addons expect AuctionProfit (and maybe BugGrabber/BugSack) and try: click the money from one or two invoice auction house mails

If you still get error(s):

2.)
- log out
- make a backup of your saved data (<WoWinstallDir>/WTF/Account/<YourAccountName>/SavedVariables/AuctionProfit.lua)
- delete the AuctionProfit.lua file in the SavedVariables directory (path above)
- ENABLE your addons
- click the money from one or two invoice auction house mails

If you still get error(s):

3.)
- log out
- delete the SavedVariables file again
- DISABLE ALL addons expect AuctionProfit (and maybe BugGrabber/BugSack) and try again: click the money from one or two invoice auction house mails

If you still get an error please post it here, thanks.
Old 04-05-2008   #9
pseudomega

Thanks a million for your advice.

Downloaded the file you linked and installed it, disabled all addons and got this error when I logged in. Didn't even get a chance to open an AH mail:

Code:
[2008/04/05 08:02:56-1-x1]: AuctionProfit-1.0\AuctionProfit.lua:1856: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'auctions' (a nil value)
AceAddon-2.0-57245 (AuctionProfit):926: in function <...Ons\AuctionProfit\libs\AceAddon-2.0\AceAddon-2.0.lua:919>
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (AuctionProfit):260: in function `TriggerEvent'
AceEvent-2.0-66043 (AuctionProfit):910: in function <...Ons\AuctionProfit\libs\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:903>
Backed up my AuctionProfit SavedVariables file and deleted the original, logged in with all addons disabled, no errors.

Enabled all of my addons again, still no errors. Opened an AH mail, got the money, AP window popped up like normal.

So it looks like I'm good to go again at the moment. But how do I safely get all of the information from my old SavedVariables file into my new one?
pseudomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #10
kunda

Hmm, strange.
Your SavedVariable file is missing a PlayerName.

change line 80 to
Code:
"Unknown:2907:1#59-2907-1", -- [60]
but how is this possible?
  • 1.) you manually changed the SavedVariable file
  • 2.) the player who bought your AH item was deleted from the server and the GetInboxInvoiceInfo function call returns in such a case a true or "" for the playerName
  • 3.) your client has not recieved all data from the server when you clicked on the money (should not possible - you get all or no data)

anyway: I don't know exactly (think it's point 2) but I updated AuctionProfit to avoid such errors in future
download r68158:
http://files.wowace.com/AuctionProfi...fit-r68158.zip
or
http://files.wowace.com/AuctionProfit/AuctionProfit.zip

There is currently no way (or function or so) to merge your old data with the new one. Fix the old like I posted above or use your new one.

If someone is getting the same error you can do the following (pls only change the SavedVariable file if you know what you are doing - use a good texteditor and don't change encoding when save)
- search your SavedVariable file for:
Code:
":
if you find such a line in the APbuyer var the playerName is missing
- change it to:
Code:
"Unknown:
use this only if you have no player with the name 'Unknown' in your data...

Thanks.

btw: you can delete the link in your post above