These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Addon Chat > Frameworks
Frameworks Framework Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007   #71
ckknight

Default Re: Rock/Ace3 - Regarding drama and functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewalk
And FWIW ... last time I checked Linus Torvalds was in sole control of what gets added to the Linux Kernel and that OS is a phenomenal success story. Not really sure why all you programmers can't just let CKK be the Linus Torvalds of ACE. Seems he did a pretty good job getting it this far.
I consider myself more along the lines of Guido van Rossum, though I'll take Torvalds if that's what I'm offered.
Old 09-19-2007   #72
lapalapa

edited - it was all unnesisery.

no, really.

again, as funkeh and indy already said in different threads, i just cant understand why ckk didnt upped rocked versions.

Old 09-19-2007   #73
sano2

*sigh* I had hoped it wouldn't come to this. I'm really starting to get frustrated with all the changes to library infrastructure. I understand that change in this case may be a good thing and ckk has a right to change whatever he sees fit in *his* stuff, but what exactly gives him the right to start changing other libs? My one little puny mod is now busted and I see that he is dabbling in things like ThreatLib. Come on, really? Branch it, make a libXXXX out of it, whatever. A lot of people depend on this stuff who don't give a crap about the politics . . .
Old 09-19-2007   #74
OrionShock
Legendary Member

? he didn't port threat agnostic.. and the libs he did port agnostic are his own for the most part or done with the original authors permission i would think.

"I was there in the beginning... and things were very different back then" --An Echo from a time before.
Old 09-19-2007   #75
Industrial
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckknight
I consider myself more along the lines of Guido van Rossum, though I'll take Torvalds if that's what I'm offered.
hahahahahahaha
Old 09-19-2007   #76
DeathHamster

Loads of drama here, for which I have no time or patience.

However.

Lots of people out there using FuBar and other affected mods. Overnight, they changed, they errored, we lost our configurations, some of us are apparently now loading multiple libraries with duplicated purposes that degrade system performance and are a barrier to data sharing - even though we effectively signed-up to a brand that promised otherwise.

Please don't be naive enough to think people won't be a tad peeved by this. They are. Deal with it.

Old 09-19-2007   #77
Srosh

You have no time or patience for drama? Fine. However, at the same time you call for more.

Adress your words to the proper person(s) and don't make it seem like all people reading here are responsible and/or can be held liable for your woes. Maybe you don't care, but I, and I'm guessing plenty more, do.
Old 09-19-2007   #78
funkydude
Administrator

Thread out of hand.