These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 04-13-2008   #11
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Default Re: Skillet - the lilsparky branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstrike
Yup yup, the two alchemy 'other' categories work independently in your branch. Here's hoping Blizz gets around to re-categorizing some stuff so that it makes more sense than 2 identically named categories..

Your plans about groups sound good! And yeah, a shift click to close all other headings might work, i know i like the idea, but it might be a little counter-intuitive for some people (why would clicking on this heading close other ones?). A 'collapse all' is self explaining and easy. Of course, doing both isn't out of the question either. Forgive my over-analysis, I'm a web interface designer by trade .

EDIT: forgot to mention this, but THANK YOU for adding the tradeskill buttons to the top of the skillet window so i don't have to have all 3 of my tradeskill on my action bars, or have to keep closing and opening skillet to make different things.
the nice thing about not having an additional button is that it's more room for important things. i like to multi-task things as much as possible. i think i'll add some sort of "training mode" at some point that would pop tooltips explaining the usage of each item in the frame. nobody reads docs, so letting folks know what modified clicks are supported would be worth-while i think.

i think the standard blizz frame works correctly, but anything that uses the name for the category header will fail since the name isn't unique to the header. i use the skill index as the identifier, so it's no problem.

lilsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #12
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred
Do we come here for updates and just keep using the download from your first post?
yeah, i'll try to keep that first post updated with the latest stable-ish version. or you could use svn of you have access...
Old 04-13-2008   #13
zarevak

Good work on new thread - this should keep things a little simpler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsparky
the create/queue all buttons have always worked based on the availability in your bank. for vendor items, i supplant the bank with the vendor figuring that they're both 1 step away. i'm thinking of changing the queue buttons a bit, tho. but that's coming later i think. i'll probably just switch the all available to use bags numbers instead of bank numbers.
For me bag numbers are better because I use Create All button just when I need to clear up my inventory or to skillup as much as possible using reagents I already have at hand (in bags).

Quote:
yeah, okay. there's two modes of thought on the bag/bank/alt system. one is that you include the previous in the former (like your bank includes your bag items). the other is that the bank excludes your bags and your alts excludes your main. blizz's api includes bag items in the bank count, so i'm keeping with that concept (the numbers will always be bigger). nogudnik's original code might be thinking otherwise.

if you include bags in banks and mains in alts, then you'll always have an increasing series of numbers. [2/5/8] which is think is good functionality. as you include more sources, the numbers should increase.

i'll make sure this is consistent.

the alt number isn't totally right yet. i'm still trying to figure out what that number should be. craftability of reagents is the sticking point. at the moment, it uses the alt's recipe list as the craftability determination when contributing reagents to the alt "pool". so, if an alt has linen cloth but no tailoring skill, that linen doesn't get considered when looking for linen bolts in a recipe. this isn't optimal...
I agree with you the numbers of recipe runs should be: [bags/bags+bank/my bags+my bank+alt's bags+alt's banks] The problem was when using only one character the numbers should be same for all three numbers; instead alt number was doubled.

Also I'm still suggesting special symbol for vendor only recipes, because when I look on my recipe list and I see [0/20/20] my first thought is: what the hack? What reagents did I forgot in my bank? maybe: ? (currency symbol) examples: [0/?/?] and [5/5?/10?]

Quote:
i actually have the whole list of difficulties as provided by another user here at wowace. i certainly could add that right into skillet, but i think i'll instead make that a module -- partly to exercise that system and partly because while it's not a large amount of data, it's still not necessary for the core functionality.

speaking of tsi, one of my goals is to allow tsi to act as a data feeder to skillet so that you have the skillet interface operating on the tsi data.
It was just an idea The problem I have with current TSI is that it's information is a bit outdated and it doesn't work with Auc-Advanced without my custom patch... EDIT: And sometimes TSI doesn't work with Auc-Advanced even with my patch

Quote:
yeah, i'll try to keep that first post updated with the latest stable-ish version. or you could use svn of you have access...
I have just one wish: can you always base your ZIP files on the SVN? I'm updating using WUU directly from SVN and I don't want to miss any new feature
zarevak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #14
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarevak
Good work on new thread - this should keep things a little simpler
For me bag numbers are better because I use Create All button just when I need to clear up my inventory or to skillup as much as possible using reagents I already have at hand (in bags).
I agree with you the numbers of recipe runs should be: [bags/bags+bank/my bags+my bank+alt's bags+alt's banks] The problem was when using only one character the numbers should be same for all three numbers; instead alt number was doubled.
yeah, prolly something adding the alt to the main thinking the alt number is sans main. i agree with the bag
numbers thing and will change that next iteration.

Quote:
Also I'm still suggesting special symbol for vendor only recipes, because when I look on my recipe list and I see [0/20/20] my first thought is: what the hack? What reagents did I forgot in my bank? maybe: ? (currency symbol) examples: [0/?/?] and [5/5?/10?]
yeah, the bank substitution thing is a bit awkward. there are just SOOO many different ways to think about reagents: in your bag, craftable from your bag, in your bank, craftable from your bank, on you alts, from a vendor...

so yeah, vendor-only recipes... hmm... i agree that identifying them would be nice. working with your idea a bit... maybe it uses the bag/bank/alt numbers unless they're 0. if they're 0, then it replaces that number with a $ (currency symbol) to indicate those are purchasable...

so you'd have [4/4/4] if you had reagents to craft 4 of them.

if you had the reagents in your bank, it'd be [$/4/4]

or something...

Quote:
It was just an idea The problem I have with current TSI is that it's information is a bit outdated and it doesn't work with Auc-Advanced without my custom patch... EDIT: And sometimes TSI doesn't work with Auc-Advanced even with my patch
well, it's still something that might get fit the system. i use lsw for my pricing, so tsi prices aren't really something i even paid any attention to. and lsw with tsi is a great combo.

Quote:
I have just one wish: can you always base your ZIP files on the SVN? I'm updating using WUU directly from SVN and I don't want to miss any new feature
svn will always have the latest version. the zip in this thread will likely lag a bit but be a bit more stable.... so if you use svn, you won't be missing anything.
Old 04-13-2008   #15
zarevak

Quote:
so yeah, vendor-only recipes... hmm... i agree that identifying them would be nice. working with your idea a bit... maybe it uses the bag/bank/alt numbers unless they're 0. if they're 0, then it replaces that number with a $ (currency symbol) to indicate those are purchasable...

so you'd have [4/4/4] if you had reagents to craft 4 of them.

if you had the reagents in your bank, it'd be [$/4/4]
The currency symbol I've used was O with four arms: wikipedia: Currency (typography) - it was destroyed by this forum software

I've been thinking about moving the symbol away from item counts: ? [4/8/8] (put infront to not break right alignment) or when no items are available in bags/bank just the symbol: ?

Quote:
well, it's still something that might get fit the system. i use lsw for my pricing, so tsi prices aren't really something i even paid any attention to. and lsw with tsi is a great combo.
the TSI issue is about recipe coloring in AH listing not about prices (the prices TSI reports are completely off and I've never used them) The recipes should get colored based on their knowledge and desirability of your characters. (known/can be learned/cannot be learned yet/cannot be learned because of another tradeskill)
zarevak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #16
bloodstrike

Small request while we are ironing out the other issues with Skillet, could you bump the TOC to 2.4? Out of date addons bug me lol.
bloodstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #17
justcallmefred
Amazing Member

Quote:
I use the svn updater will it update yours ( if I have your version installed manually first)or will it 'think' it's the original Skillet?

I have noticed a big improvement since installing your version .Thanks for the work you have done!
justcallmefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #18
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstrike
Small request while we are ironing out the other issues with Skillet, could you bump the TOC to 2.4? Out of date addons bug me lol.
yeah, i just noticed that... i'm in the middle of some retooling so the next update might be a few days off...
Old 04-14-2008   #19
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred
I use the svn updater will it update yours ( if I have your version installed manually first)or will it 'think' it's the original Skillet?

I have noticed a big improvement since installing your version .Thanks for the work you have done!
if you're using an svn client (like tortoise) to d/l my branch, then you should be good -- it will lock out wow ace updater type utilities to keep them from stepping on things.

if you just d/l the zip file, then i suppose it's possible any updater util might want to update skillet at some point and try to grab the normal one from the trunk. there's probably a way to tell such utils to ignore an addon you don't want updated -- that's probably the safest means to avoid the problem.

glad you like it. i've got plenty of stuff i intend to add, too.
Old 04-14-2008   #20
justcallmefred
Amazing Member

Added it to the 'ignore' list , just to be on the safe side.I'll just check here daily to see if you have made changes.
justcallmefred is offline   Reply With Quote