These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 04-14-2008   #21
zarevak

Default Re: Skillet - the lilsparky branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsparky
glad you like it. i've got plenty of stuff i intend to add, too.
I see a possible future for Skillet:
Quote:
Skillet: What do you want to do today?
Me: What about training my gnome engineering to level 375?
Skillet: Ok, no problem. Please visit your bank, these vendors and AH. I'll get all the necessary reagents for you.
Me: Oh, ok...
zarevak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #22
zarevak

One more problem with Create/Queue All buttons:
I'm creating Undermine Clam Chowder which needs 2x Zesty Clam Meat. I only have 3 pieces of the meat but Skillet queues 2 runs of the recipe notifying me I'm missing one piece of Zesty Clam Meat. I suggest queuing lower bound in such cases so as many as possible items are created without any errors.
Old 04-14-2008   #23
Shabador

The new Skillet doesn't seem particularly happy with Enchanting:

[2008/04/14 15:12:21-627-x1]: Skillet-1.11-69259\SkilletQueue.lua:290: attempt to index field 'reverseLookup' (a nil value)
Skillet-1.11-69259\SkilletQueue.lua:349: in function `CreateItems'
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>
Shabador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #24
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarevak
I see a possible future for Skillet:
actually, my plan for the queuing system is to make it a bit more complex than just run this recipe 5 times, then this one 3.

i'm planning on having different operators: one that just iterates, one that iterates until you get to a certain skill level, one that iterates until you have certain number of items in your inventory...

i'd also like to add parenting to the queue list, so that you could do some complex things like leveling up a skill that needs crafted items. it would craft some of those items (take a guess at how many to run) then run the other skill for a bit (guessing again at the number). if it still needs more levels, it goes back to the child recipe to craft more reagents (guessing again) and then again back to the main skill for another run.

this requires a lot of "continue" clicking by the user, but a scheme like this would allow people to construct powerleveling plugs in that basically stuff the queue with a queue list to get you from whatever level you're at to whatever level they can.

that'd be nifty, i think.
lilsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #25
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
One more problem with Create/Queue All buttons:
I'm creating Undermine Clam Chowder which needs 2x Zesty Clam Meat. I only have 3 pieces of the meat but Skillet queues 2 runs of the recipe notifying me I'm missing one piece of Zesty Clam Meat. I suggest queuing lower bound in such cases so as many as possible items are created without any errors.
hmm.. yeah, the queue all button will be changed to only go by bag counts. i'm assuming the bag count was correct for that recipe, yeah? did you have more meat in the bank? just curious why it picked 2 iterations...
Old 04-14-2008   #26
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabador
The new Skillet doesn't seem particularly happy with Enchanting:

[2008/04/14 15:12:21-627-x1]: Skillet-1.11-69259\SkilletQueue.lua:290: attempt to index field 'reverseLookup' (a nil value)
Skillet-1.11-69259\SkilletQueue.lua:349: in function `CreateItems'
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

hmm... enchanting should work, but it's possible there's something stupid i'm missing in the craft scanning code. i'm probably failing to init that table there. try scanning a different trades skill or first aid or cooking first. that'll init that table and then enchanting should work...

Old 04-14-2008   #27
Anaral

Is there any way for the LilSparkySkillet to be added to the WAU?

Also, and I apologize for not reading through two different threads to find the answer... But, have you fixed the way Skillet seems to hang at the end of each item creation/cast? The original Skillet seems to be getting worse in this behavior. :/
Anaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #28
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaral
Is there any way for the LilSparkySkillet to be added to the WAU?

Also, and I apologize for not reading through two different threads to find the answer... But, have you fixed the way Skillet seems to hang at the end of each item creation/cast? The original Skillet seems to be getting worse in this behavior. :/
the only way to get it into the wau is to make a trunk version -- either by stepping on the current skillet or making a new trunk. i was highly discouraged from adding a new trunk, so the other option is to merge into the skillet trunk. that is my preferred method, but it's not stable enough for that just yet.

i've completely changed much of the way skillet handles things, so it's possible that problem is fixed. i never experienced it, so it's hard for me to say.
Old 04-15-2008   #29
zarevak

Quote:
actually, my plan for the queuing system is to make it a bit more complex than just run this recipe 5 times, then this one 3.

i'm planning on having different operators: one that just iterates, one that iterates until you get to a certain skill level, one that iterates until you have certain number of items in your inventory...

i'd also like to add parenting to the queue list, so that you could do some complex things like leveling up a skill that needs crafted items. it would craft some of those items (take a guess at how many to run) then run the other skill for a bit (guessing again at the number). if it still needs more levels, it goes back to the child recipe to craft more reagents (guessing again) and then again back to the main skill for another run.

this requires a lot of "continue" clicking by the user, but a scheme like this would allow people to construct powerleveling plugs in that basically stuff the queue with a queue list to get you from whatever level you're at to whatever level they can.

that'd be nifty, i think.
Waht?! My good lord, my post was just a joke about adding AI to the Skillet which would do anything you wanted... And you are already planning on creating something like this

My idea for Skillet is to create professional full featured tradeskill UI. I don't want Skillet to be a powerleveling service. On the other side I find the idea to iterate until you reach a specific skill level useful - Many times I've been seeing myself creating just one item at a time to gain just the one skill level needed and not to create any more unnecessary items...

Quote:
hmm.. yeah, the queue all button will be changed to only go by bag counts. i'm assuming the bag count was correct for that recipe, yeah? did you have more meat in the bank? just curious why it picked 2 iterations...
Skillet correctly reported I had 3 meats in my bags. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any in the bank as I don't put any cooking ingredients in the bank. There may have been some on my alts, but BankItems didn't report any at the time (I've checked before reporting) so my first thought was a rounding problem...
Old 04-15-2008   #30
lilsparky
Amazing Member

Quote:
Waht?! My good lord, my post was just a joke about adding AI to the Skillet which would do anything you wanted... And you are already planning on creating something like this

My idea for Skillet is to create professional full featured tradeskill UI. I don't want Skillet to be a powerleveling service. On the other side I find the idea to iterate until you reach a specific skill level useful - Many times I've been seeing myself creating just one item at a time to gain just the one skill level needed and not to create any more unnecessary items...

well, my desire is to make it possible for somebody else to add a plugin to accomplish that feat, not to build it into skillet. the necessary functionality serves other purposes.

for example, you queue up an item that requires bolts of linen cloth, so they are queued up as a pre-requisite. you have no linen cloth nor bolts of linen cloth. you check the ah and find it's cheaper to buy the bolts instead of the raw linen. because your inventory has changed, you no longer need to craft those bolts and can move on to the recipe you wanted without having to manually delete anything.

and even without this complicated system, one could already write a plugin that simply goes in and queues up recipe ids and iterations.

Quote:
Skillet correctly reported I had 3 meats in my bags. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any in the bank as I don't put any cooking ingredients in the bank. There may have been some on my alts, but BankItems didn't report any at the time (I've checked before reporting) so my first thought was a rounding problem...
weird. i'll check it out.