These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 03-13-2010   #11
vorsim

Default Re: Castbars - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbeeps View Post
Yes, there is a small gap. What exactly do you want to customize? I don't want to add a lot of customization just because "i can".
Well I'd mainly like to able to put a border around the icon, doesn't look very good to have the castbar with a sexy custom border and just leave the icon naked imo. Finally, hoping to not sound too demanding, any chance that the gap between the border and sides of the castbars can be removed?
vorsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #12
Skylinee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbeeps View Post
*Swing timer. This is quite a heavy feature (requires listening to the very busy combat log events), and i think it is more suitable for an independent addon.
How much CPU usage would this use if you were to implement it? Really like this castbar, but as a hunter it would be convenient to have a swing timer aswell. Maybe as a plugin or a lua option (so casual users wouldn't accidentaly enable it and suffer a slight performance decrease).
Skylinee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #13
xbeeps

You can't really quantify the amount of CPU it uses in a meaningful way. There are two contributing factors. One is that the combat log events are extremely frequent - take a look at the combat log in a 25man raid during an encounter (and this is usually only some of it). When several addons are listening to this event noticeable lag is introduced (on all but the most powerful systems), simply because of the shear amount of code that is executed for each and every event (even those events that are useless to each addon, which is the vast majority). The other factor is code size. I estimate that it would increase the code size by 50%, and because there are no clear events suitable for a precision swing timer, it will be complex and messy code that will be harder to maintain (requires special handling of some abilities).

That is why i (still) recommend that someone get rolling and implement this as a standalone addon, instead of plugging it into various castbar addons (to which it really doesn't have any relation except perhaps for the most likely positioning on the screen).
xbeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #14
ailae

Here's to hoping you will update this for 4.0.1. I know it was failing on the betaservers some time ago, gonna give it a whirl again later tonight and see if I can catch some usuable error reports.
Old 10-12-2010   #15
schizo

Castbars hasn't been touched in 6 months, you're probably going to have to switch.

Gnosis and AZCastBar are both updated and work, and Nev posted here that Quartz is either working now or will be shortly.
schizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #16
ulic

I got it to work okay. I haven't tested it well, only the Mirror bar could have issues. Here is what I did to get it to work.

1. Delete lines 24 & 25, Hunters don't have volley any more
2. Do a search for "frame.shade" and comment out (--) or delete those lines.

Tada, works again. I'll do some testing on the mirror bar to try and figure out what he was trying to do with the frame.shade lines.
Old 10-13-2010   #17
ulic

Hmm, maybe the frame.shade stuff wasn't broken. I don't know. I'll update the code as I find fixes i'm confident in. There are alphas with a couple fixes.
Old 10-14-2010   #18
obscurescience

Thank you for the update ulic.
obscurescience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #19
xbeeps

Castbars is up an running and working fine, also on the PTR, so it is ready for Cataclysm. In fact i think it is the only castbar addon that properly supports the new channeling ticks mechanics with the ability to show the extra ticks gained through haste on some channeling spells.

I'm currently working on some visual improvements such as icon and border customization, and the next push will contain new textures unique to Castbars to make it prettier out of the box.
xbeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #20
zohar101

So here's a question. With this new latency queuing slider, how is the latency estimate for safe next cast going to be affected in castbars? I mean...won't the safe casting point for queuing up the next spell kinda depend on what you set the slider at?
zohar101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cast, castbars, casting